Gaming Display Price

Why are gaming displays so expensive? G-sync and Free-sync have been arounf for quite some time now and the only new tech in displays is the VA or IPS panel and the HDR. and yet we see that the VA and IPS panel cost without G-sync or free-sync are relatively ceaper than the ones with. What is the reason behind this?

I want to buy a gaming monitor with G-sync in near future. I am just wondering if it is really worth it to spen 800 bucks on a monitor.

G-Sync automatically adds a 150-200 USD premium to a monitor. Contrarly to AMD Free-Sync which is open source, so it costs less.

Displays equipped with the above-mentioned features often have other technologies built into it designed specifically for gaming such as high refresh rate, low input lag, low response time, etc. which little by little add to the cost of the product.

When above all that, one adds VA or IPS technology - this adds even more to the cost off the product. Not only that, but it requires more tweaking as it's more difficult to have low input lag and low response time on IPS panels.
Add margin of profit, add taxes, add branding, add warranty, ... Monitors get expensive quickly

G-Sync is only interesting when you play AAA titles that jump between 30-60 fps. But quite frankly, if you own something like a GTX1080 and play on 1440p, G-Sync is not that useful imo. If you play the vaguely denominated "esports titles", then G-Sync is not interesting at all since you'd be permanently capped at 144/165hz where tearing is barely noticeable/ not noticeable at all.
There are good TNs and there are bad IPS. For instance, a good TN would be the BenQ XL2730Z ($500): Viewing angles are okay, colors/blacks/whites are satisfying.

If you never had a good IPS before, a good TN will make you happy. Although, I had a good IPS (LG) before going for the BenQ. I noticed the colors dfferences, it is worse indeed - but it's really okay. Especially since I mainly play "esports titles".

As for 800 bucks for a Monitor: That's up to you, your tastes, your use case, your budget and your means. 

RGB & Fan control ULTIMATE GUIDE !