Monitor not goin to windows

Rofl<3lol

Hello I would be glad if some one can help me with this problem is baffling  me.

my friend is moving out of town so he gave me his monitor which is a samgsung 22inch model no - s22c170b . its a full hd monitor . the monitor comes with a standard dsub cable so my friend used to use that in his 730 gt which has a dsub port. the monitor has a dvi i and rgb port i dont know if  rgb is the same as dsub or not , it connects with the same chord so i guess its same . but when i got it from my friend  i plugged it in my 7750 with hdmi to vga converter because it dosnt have vga output which i have been using in my asus vp247h which has been working fine but the Samsung one turns on shows bios screen and windows icon screen then after that shows analog sign in the top left of the screen and a vibrating mouse sign appears with 5 blue dots under after some time the monitor goes black . if i press the monitor menu button the same thing happens. the pc is ok cuz its boot to windows fine on the asus one . when i restart the pc using restart button on the cpu the monitor still doesn't work i have to full shut down the pc with holding the power down for 10 sec or psu of button . if I then start the pc again the same thing happens . the weird thing is its boots fine to safe mode i dont understand why. I would be very thank full if some can help me .

7750 should have dvi connector, use dvi to vga connector, digital to analog converters are crap most of the time, you can try changing default monitor in bios, depending on your mobo

my bios dosent have that setting  the monitor has dvi i and card has dvi d will it work ?