A Great Way to say Hi as New Member

rafgor

This is definitely Off-Topic so:
Hey my name's Rafael and I'm new here.
I'm from Germany and have sometimes problems typing in English so please forgive me my mistakes.

But my main question is: When do I really need Water Cooling for my CPU?

I can't run it on full speed and I'm only using 2.7 GHz instead of my 4.2 GHz.
The whole chassis reach fast higher temperatures so I'm not sure how to handle this problem.

The GPU, MB, RAM, SSD and HDD's are operating at normal temperature as long the CPU is running at max. 2.7 GHz.

My problem is that i don't want to kill my whole system in worst case scenario.

Are there things i definetly need to look at?

I hope you could somehow help.

Thanks a lot guys.

See ya around.

6 minutes ago, rafgor said:

AMD FX 6300 Six-Core Processor

General Heatobi.

You're running stock cooling, right? You can't do 4.2 GHz with that

32 minutes ago, rafgor said:

When do I really need Water Cooling for my CPU?

When you have constant high ambient temps, you're from Germany so that shouldn't be a problem, you're lucky... OR, when you're doing mildly high overclocks (4.5 to 4.9GHz) and you want to keep temps stable

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

You need water cooling when air cooling is no longer sufficient.  This means you've tried a Noctua NH-D15 and it wasn't good enough.  I don't think this is your situation though, so unless you just want to go for water cooling because of some other reason, there really isn't a need.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

5 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

General Heatobi.

You're running stock cooling, right? You can't do 4.2 GHz with that

Yes i'm still running at sock cooling.
At first i didn't needed more cooling

5 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

When you have constant high ambient temps, you're from Germany so that shouldn't be a problem, you're lucky... OR, when you're doing mildly high overclocks (4.5 to 4.9GHz) and you want to keep temps stable

Usually i would say yes. But my rooms temperatur never drops below 27°C...

4 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

You need water cooling when air cooling is no longer sufficient.  This means you've tried a Noctua NH-D15 and it wasn't good enough.  I don't think this is your situation though, so unless you just want to go for water cooling because of some other reason, there really isn't a need.

I didn't tried Noctua NH-D15 yet. I try to look more in the future.

Don't like noise have less space in my chassis and when i see only decibel i can't imagine how "loud" it would really be.