4k streaming device that uses ethernet

KSores

I want to be able to watch 4k youtube and netflix on my monitor but it lags ny pc when i do that and play games so i was thinking about getting a seperate device to stream it with but my issue is the wifi in my room is really bad so it has to have ethernet so i cant use a chromecast

3 minutes ago, KyleandThings said:

Ive considered a xbox one s but it seems kinda expensive as i would never ever play games on it

i have a xbox 1s with one game on it 

i use it to read 4k bluray movies and stream.

300$ so only 100$ more than an apple TV

and has a 4k bluray reader.

amazon fire box 4k and the ethernet adapter I have one Velcroed behind my 4K monitor for just this and the bluetooth remote means I don't need line of site just limited to sound over the HDMI cord.

• 4 weeks later...

maybe just buy a 4k smart tv with wireless? that's what I've done I really enjoy it.

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to pony up the dough, get the nVidia Shield. That thing is a monster. Smooth 4k streams (when/where avail), ethernet port or wireless. Controller is handy, and remote has voice control. It is a little bigger than the small devices like a fire stick, but not sure if space is an issue.

The new Amazon Fire TV Cube, is only $120, does 4k, and comes with ethernet adapter. Also has the Alexa built into it as well. 

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/amazon-fire-tv-cube-hands-free-streaming-media-player-with-alexa-and-4k-ultra-hd-black/6251751.p?skuId=6251751

• 4 weeks later...