screen randomly going black

Sovietpizza

My monitor randomly flashes black for a 2 seconds every once in a while. This never happened while I used this monitor on HDMI. The reason I switched over is because I wanted to hook my TV up to my PC, and didn't have a spare HDMI port. I have already tried 2 different brand new cables. I have no idea why it keeps doing this. Please help

PC SPECS

CPU: i5 4690k OC 4.4Ghz

GPU: GTX 1070 Strix OC 

Storage: 1TB HDD, 240GB sandisk SSD

Cooling: NZXT Kraken x61

Case: NZXT S340 elite

PSU: EVGA BQ 650W

Motherboard: Asus - B85M-G R2.0 Micro ATX

RAM: 8x2 (16Gb) Generic kingston ddr3 1600

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gotta love that comic sans am I right?

I love to joke around,i'm not at all a professional.

You could have a stuttering connection; a hardware problem. If it is indeed that, then try take advantage of any warranties you may have.

What is actually supposed to go here? Some people put their specs, others put random comments or remarks about themselves or others, and there are a few who put cryptic statements.

29 minutes ago, Computernaut said:

You could have a stuttering connection; a hardware problem. If it is indeed that, then try take advantage of any warranties you may have.

I don't have that problem with my HDMI connections 

PC SPECS

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

18 minutes ago, Sovietpizza said:

I don't have that problem with my HDMI connections 

If you have your monitor plugged into a display port port and you have more than one then try plugging it into a different one. The problem could be the connector on either the video card or the monitor.

What is actually supposed to go here? Some people put their specs, others put random comments or remarks about themselves or others, and there are a few who put cryptic statements.

3 hours ago, Computernaut said:

If you have your monitor plugged into a display port port and you have more than one then try plugging it into a different one. The problem could be the connector on either the video card or the monitor.

I have tried that 6 times, It does not do anything.

PC SPECS

19 hours ago, Sovietpizza said:

I have tried that 6 times, It does not do anything.

Hmm. It could be the monitor then. The only thing I can think of would be getting a display-port to HDMI adapter and using it with your monitor's HDMI input.