What executive car brand would you buy?

Tcrumpen

Jag, BMW, Audi or Merc; Which would you buy?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Given a choice of a executive car (In general no specific models). Which would you buy?

39 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Actually Lexus gets the design first then a few years later they end up on the Toyota's. You do know that Toyota owns Lexus, right? 

My dad was talking to me about this a while back. As he noticed that design changes from Lexus ended up on the Camrey a few years later. 

I've yet to see a Toyota with a grill like this:

2018-lexus-lc-500h-front-1500x1000.jpg

16 hours ago, terrytek said:

Lexus all the way. Why drop all that money on a German sedan when you can buy a Lexus that's just as comfortable and has reliability for days? HEll i wouldn't even mind driving an entry model IS, but i'd probably drive an older version that you can still get a stick in and that sweet sweet 2JZ.

I feel that people how buy executive saloons are the type of people who will upgrade their vehicles fairly often, like every 5 years or less. So reliability won't be too much of a concern. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Why isn't Rolls Royce on the list?

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

11 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Why isn't Rolls Royce on the list?

Technically it is; "Other (Please Specify)", also a Rolls would cost WAY more than any of the others

2 hours ago, Tcrumpen said:

Takes a few years to filter down. When they change the body styles is when they trow the hand me downs to Toyota. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Volvo, BMW, Porsche, and Audi, in that order.

You know how your first car kind'a defines your tastes?

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

On 9/13/2018 at 1:47 AM, aki adaki said:

I want an rx7 or 8...the 7 is really hard to find not in pieces or broken... But I love the body style. Any ideas?

Join the rotary club :P

I assume you're talking about the RX7 FD, how about the FC?

I really want Impreza/Supra/R34 GT-T.

Hmm executive car.... Toyota Century? Can't beat the 1GZ engine :x

Lexus LFA?

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

I think i'll stick with my landcruiser lol.

Audi have been on a roll, they strike a good balance between luxury and sportiness. Something like an RS or a S would do well. 

7 hours ago, Netivity said:

I think i'll stick with my landcruiser lol.

You will for a very looong time. These things don’t break.

On 12/09/2018 at 8:33 PM, seoz said:

Lexus cars for their interiors as well as their exteriors, those things are hot on the inside.

I like Lexus, but the whole trackpad thing needs to stop before I get one. (Edit: that and the fake speaker exhaust noises, Lexus no, muffled engine noise is better than fake engine noise)

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

On 12/09/2018 at 8:43 PM, Tcrumpen said:

Isn't that just the problem with high performance cars in general (People owning them who either shouldn't or should be paying attention), although it does always seems to be old BMW's

On 12/09/2018 at 8:39 PM, Dan Castellaneta said:

Audi. BMW drivers tend to be arrogant idiots who just got their first German car and Mercedes drivers tend to think they're too cool to follow the lines on the road.

To be fair to BMW drivers, they aren’t as bad as most people say they are especially compared to Altima drivers (the horror). 

Pascal laptops guide

On 9/13/2018 at 12:07 PM, Tcrumpen said:

I present you the 2018 Camry:

2018_Toyota_Camry_XSE_17_688791C7EC580DC

It's not exactly the same, no, but you can definitely see the design inspiration. The cutout shape is the same - the difference is that Toyota fills in the upper grill with some plastic pieces, and there's a divider in the middle.

But you can definitely see the same design elements in both.

Personally I would go Audi - I drive a VW, and they have extremely similar interior control layouts, which I quite like.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I’d buy something old and classy like a Pontiac Fiero, Or a Land Rover Defender. Those are pretty cool cars. Not really “executive” but ok. If it’s a much more recent car I’d go for the Dodge Demon for like 70K and what? 600 or 700 Horsepower.

With Great Power, Comes a Great Electricity Bill

Main

Setup: Intel core i5-8400 (OC'd), MSI Z-370-A Pro, Crucial Ballistix 8GB, Be Quiet! Pure Slim, Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 RGB, TP-Link Wifi Adapter, ASRock RX580, Artic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste, Logitech G105, Logitech M310, Razer Sphex V2 (Mat), EVGA 500W 80+ Silver, 1TB WD Blue, 240gb Kingston Digital

Tesla Model S or X with all options.

New Build (The Compromise): CPU - i7 9700K @ 5.1Ghz Mobo - ASRock Z390 Taichi | RAM - 16GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3200CL14 @ 3466 14-14-14-30 1T | GPU - ASUS Strix GTX 1080 TI | Cooler - Corsair h100i Pro | SSDs - 500 GB 960 EVO + 500 GB 850 EVO + 1TB MX300 | Case - Coolermaster H500 | PSUEVGA 850 P2 | Monitor - LG 32GK850G-B 144hz 1440p | OSWindows 10 Pro. 

Peripherals - Corsair K70 Lux RGB | Corsair Scimitar RGB | Audio-technica ATH M50X + Antlion Modmic 5 |

CPU/GPU history: Athlon 6000+/HD4850 > i7 2600k/GTX 580, R9 390, R9 Fury > i7 7700K/R9 Fury, 1080TI > Ryzen 1700/1080TI > i7 9700K/1080TI.

Other tech: Surface Pro 4 (i5/128GB), Lenovo Ideapad Y510P w/ Kali, OnePlus 6T (8G/128G), PS4 Slim.

11 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

Better video:

The SLR is really cool, but it doesn’t count as a executive sedan. More of a crazy exotic sports car.

Pascal laptops guide

1 hour ago, Castdeath97 said:

The SLR is really cool, but it doesn’t count as a executive sedan. More of a crazy exotic sports car.

To be fair, the thread title is “executive car brand” - nothing about that specifically implies a sedan is necessary. 

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

To be fair, the thread title is “executive car brand” - nothing about that specifically implies a sedan is necessary. 

Don't tell him my first choice/s are trucks.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

On 9/12/2018 at 11:04 AM, GDRRiley said:

Found Only Rolling Downhill or Fix Or Repair Daily. :) 

On 9/12/2018 at 11:07 AM, Drak3 said:

...Fucked Over Rebuilt Dodge on tue other hand...

Nah! First On Race Day!

1 hour ago, Drak3 said:

Don't tell him my first choice/s are trucks.

High end F150 Screw (SuperCrew). People rave about how nice even my '08 F150 XLT Screw (a lower end model) is to ride in, even the tall and/or heavy ones. The ride is nice and the interior is very roomy. It can very comfortably seat three across both front and rear. I have a shell over the bed that has locking tool boxes on the sides of the shell. Talk about plenty of trunk space!

The high end F150s have most of the bells and whistles the luxury cars have (and the missing ones can be easily added). 

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

4 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

The ride is nice and the interior is very roomy. It can very comfortably seat three across both front and rear. I have a shell over the bed that has locking tool boxes on the sides of the shell. Talk about plenty of trunk space!

The high end F150s have most of the bells and whistles the luxury cars have (and the missing ones can be easily added). 

If only I knew that when I explicitly listed the highest end Ford trim level.

Oh wait, I did.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Alfa Romeo.

They're cheaper than competitors' vehicles but provide similar options and the highest-end Giulia performs better than similar BMWs and Mercedes. The styling is exquisite (executive words for executive cars) and reliability has improved over the years. The downsides are that the car is small and the majority of leg room is up front, and at the moment there isn't a touch-screen.

Luxury vehicles suck the most, only because luxury car makers know that their clientele buys cars often so they compromise on reliability to cut corners. 

Perhaps the only luxury brand I’d consider is Buick. Only because Buicks are rebadged uglified Opels. And Opels are good cars. 

But nah! I’d rather drive my $5000 car until the wheels fall off. And then I’ll buy another one. Cars are a dumb waste of money. 

35 minutes ago, kokakolia said:

Luxury vehicles suck the most, only because luxury car makers know that their clientele buys cars often so they compromise on reliability to cut corners. 

Perhaps the only luxury brand I’d consider is Buick. Only because Buicks are rebadged uglified Opels. And Opels are good cars. 

But nah! I’d rather drive my $5000 car until the wheels fall off. And then I’ll buy another one. Cars are a dumb waste of money. 

Only some Buicks were based off of Opel models. And GM sold Opel in 2017, so I would not expect that trend to continue.

30 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Only some Buicks were based off of Opel models. And GM sold Opel in 2017, so I would not expect that trend to continue.

Oh yeah, Opel is French now. It will certainly get some pizzaz that way. French people are known for over designing things. The Citroen Cactus is the coolest car.

Hmmm. I have to agree with @Dan Castellaneta, I'd probably go Audi. Their S series are not too overdone, so you can have your power without looking too boy racer.

There's also Alpina. They'd get a close second for me. Touring ftfw.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red