What executive car brand would you buy?

Tcrumpen

Jag, BMW, Audi or Merc; Which would you buy?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Given a choice of a executive car (In general no specific models). Which would you buy?

Assume that you're an executive and you fancy a "executive car" what brand would you most lean towards, I'm not wanting specific models (Like BMW 5 series) just in general. Feel free to explain why but try to where possible remove model bias

Me personally, either Jag or a executive Volvo

2 minutes ago, seoz said:

Lexus cars for their interiors as well as their exteriors, those things are hot on the inside.

Problem i have with Lexus's other than their grills are they are basically a posh Toyota

1 minute ago, bimmerman said:

Teslas are the current hot shiny.

Jag/Volvo aren't executive cars to my mind.

See i like the look of a Telsa, but all electric here in teh UK isn't that good of an idea; hardly any charging points anywhere, plus the time to takes to charge

Audi. BMW drivers tend to be arrogant idiots who just got their first German car and Mercedes drivers tend to think they're too cool to follow the lines on the road.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Just now, Dan Castellaneta said:

Audi. BMW drivers tend to be arrogant idiots who just got their first German car and Mercedes drivers tend to think they're too cool to follow the lines on the road.

I agree with you on the BMW front, always sat to close to the car in front flashing it's headlights

Just now, Tcrumpen said:

I agree with you on the BMW front, always sat to close to the car in front flashing it's headlights

Can't tell you how many times I've seen someone driving a 3-series that shouldn't be driving one.

Can't tell you how many times I've seen someone driving a 3-series that shouldn't be driving one.

Isn't that just the problem with high performance cars in general (People owning them who either shouldn't or should be paying attention), although it does always seems to be old BMW's

Just now, Tcrumpen said:

Isn't that just the problem with high performance cars in general (People owning them who either shouldn't or should be paying attention), although it does always seems to be old BMW's

Eh true, but yeah, it's a lot more common with those who own an old BMW.

I personally own a X5. It is literally a much nicer version of the Ford Edge Sport that I owned prior. The only difference being the base model of it costs 15k more than the sport. Then again who buys the base model of a BWM. So after getting everything I wanted out of it... I paid a pretty substantial difference in price.. that is after talking the salesmen down about 4500 off MSRP.

Eh true, but yeah, it's a lot more common with those who own an old BMW.

Round where i grew up there were three types of people when just started driving after passing their tests

- Boy racers who owned things like Vaxuhal Corsa's that they trick out or ones that spent too much on a old BMW

- The "Sensible" type that got a car that will get them from A to B; car is almost always an old banger

- Women that demand to have a cutsey car so they'll go for something like a micra and put fake eyelashes on it

6 minutes ago, Tcrumpen said:

See i like the look of a Telsa, but all electric here in teh UK isn't that good of an idea; hardly any charging points anywhere, plus the time to takes to charge

Unless you're a complete twat and forgot to at least plug it into the normal outlet at home after draining it Tesla has enough chargers floating around...

https://www.tesla.com/findus?v=2&search=North America&bounds=59.37436478925981%2C16.507364956308493%2C47.393534388308616%2C-25.680135043691507&filters=supercharger&zoom=6&location=edinburghsupercharger

Super chargers do a good job, but yea they are slow... However where I live people complain about how long electrics take, yet are perfectly fine sitting at a gas pump for up to 15 minutes just to fuel up and another 5-10 minutes waiting to pay...

3 minutes ago, Tcrumpen said:

Nope just BMW's... That and Benz drivers... ugh...

5 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

shouldn't be driving at all.

Fixed ;)

None, they all suck. If I want an expressive car I'm going with something made before 1971 but after 1960, not some new shit car.

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

Just now, Egg-Roll said:

A few months back, I was on the freeway when this idiot in a G-series was just swerving around on the lane for no reason. Guess what? She was on her phone, when that car probably has a damn option for hands-free calling.

Just now, GDRRiley said:

None, they all suck. If I want an expressive car I'm going with something made before 1971 but after 1960, not some new shit car.

Ahh one of those types, like a 1980s Porsche or something?

2 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

Unless you're a complete twat and forgot to at least plug it into the normal outlet at home after draining it Tesla has enough chargers floating around...

https://www.tesla.com/findus?v=2&search=North America&bounds=59.37436478925981%2C16.507364956308493%2C47.393534388308616%2C-25.680135043691507&filters=supercharger&zoom=6&location=edinburghsupercharger

Super chargers do a good job, but yea they are slow... However where I live people complain about how long electrics take, yet are perfectly fine sitting at a gas pump for up to 15 minutes just to fuel up and another 5-10 minutes waiting to pay...

Fixed ;)

Not had to many problems with Merc drivers other than them flashing their flights in the fast lane cos they have a Merc and go at Mach 1 everywhere

Just now, Tcrumpen said:

Ahh one of those types, like a 1980s Porsche or something?

no god, why would I want a car made in Europe, common its American or Japanese. 

They have the issue of not enough cubic inches in the engine, try and make it up with a turbo ha.

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

1 minute ago, GDRRiley said:

no god, why would I want a car made in Europe, common its American or Japanese. 

They have the issue of not enough cubic inches in the engine, try and make it up with a turbo ha.

Well for one thing American cars can't handle well; this is proven (compared to European cars anyway)

1 minute ago, Tcrumpen said:

Well for one thing American cars can't handle well; this is proven (compared to European cars anyway)

but not handling well is part of the fun, and they do if you lower them an inch or 2 and get a  nice aftermarket racing kit. 

Lincoln Mark LT/Ford Platnum series

Lexus

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

2 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

A few months back, I was on the freeway when this idiot in a G-series was just swerving around on the lane for no reason. Guess what? She was on her phone, when that car probably has a damn option for hands-free calling.

Just last week I saw a typical raging high riding pickup (around here 90+% GM) at a brand new Mustang moron wearing shades on his phone :dry: Based on what I heard I would side with the egomaniac trucker... And that's coming from a person who hates them. The police/Gov needs to really start cracking down on people using their phones... Since the early days of cellphones there have been hands free options...

6 minutes ago, Tcrumpen said:

Not had to many problems with Merc drivers other than them flashing their flights in the fast lane cos they have a Merc and go at Mach 1 everywhere

Come to North America, you'll be running back home to tear up your passport xD

3 minutes ago, Tcrumpen said:

But if you want handling thats why you go Japanese ;) I think the only car associated to crazy people made in Japan (or from a Japanese manufacture) is the Prius lol...