Recommend me a 1440p 60hz IPS, high quality that's not overly expensive.

crystal6tak

Hey all! Looking for a panel to last me a good couple of years.

I do photoshop, lightroom, and gaming. I have a spyder4 elite to calibrate color but I'd prefer if the factory color is already well calibrated. 

I'd like something that's reasonably priced. As in if spending a little more over the absolute budget option will get you a good/noticable improvement, I rather spend the extra.

Anyone got any recommendations? Thank you!

EDIT: As for size, I think both 24 and 27 is fine. I currently use a 1080p 24 inch. I think a bigger panel would be nice, but I don't dislike 24 inch either.

2 minutes ago, crystal6tak said:

last me a good couple of years

3 minutes ago, crystal6tak said:

reasonably priced

no such thing in the pc world these days

Just now, emosun said:

Really? I don't think monitors advance as quickly as CPU and other stuff. A 1080p panel that covers 99% adobeRGB from a few years ago is still gonna cover 99% adobeRGB today...

1 minute ago, emosun said:

thats bs.......i have a 10 year old 1080p ips panel. 0 burn in the but the brightness has faded. Its a screen! not a GPU or CPU dont listen to emosun!

4 minutes ago, tekgeek1205 said:

thats bs.......i have a 10 year old 1080p ips panel. 0 burn in the but the brightness has faded. Its a screen! not a GPU or CPU dont listen to emosun!

oh and that monitor was free 10 years ago then?

1080p monitors in 2008 just came with your happy meal or?

crystal6tak said not overly expensive, that doesn't mean free. he might be asking for something under $1000, you don't know. you didn't even ask, you just trolled ......i won't be responding again, @ emosun

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

2 minutes ago, crystal6tak said:

That...doesn't say anything about the image quality (contrast, color accuracy, black uniformity) and how well it's factory calibrated...

Most wont. You'll need to check reviews of the monitors you're interested in. 

For example, the Asus PB258Q

https://www.pcper.com/reviews/Displays/ASUS-PB258Q-Frameless-25-inch-WQHD-IPS-Monitor-Review/Display-Testing-and-Conclusio

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

find one you like and google it. if it not up to your standards find something priced higher, and google it. The dell suggested before is a good baseline, no color certs tho. you might want to go up the price stack, before you start googleing. Cnet is great for spec sheets. 

8 minutes ago, tekgeek1205 said:

find one you like and google it. if it not up to your standards find something priced higher, and google it. The dell suggested before is a good baseline, no color certs tho. you might want to go up the price stack, before you start googleing. Cnet is great for spec sheets. 

Of course I have been researching as well... I'm just posting here in case someone have already done this type of research before and know a monitor to suggest.

Speaking of which, anyone have experience with the BenQ PD2700Q?

look at the bad reviews, they tell you what could go wrong. This panel apparently has a black flicker problem. I would keep looking, seems like a gamble to get a good one.

1 hour ago, tekgeek1205 said:

look at the bad reviews, they tell you what could go wrong. This panel apparently has a black flicker problem. I would keep looking, seems like a gamble to get a good one.

On Amazon.com? When filtered to show just the 27 inch model, it doesn't seem to be that big of an issue. I'm more worried about the below average input lag. I play FPS quite a fair bit, while I don't expect pro CS:GO level response time, I would still prefer it to be usable.

I found BenQ GW2765HT, doesn't seem to have as good of a panel, but does offer decent gaming capabilities. Reading through the reviews right now, anyone have used this one before?

22 minutes ago, Sombra said:

What's your actual budget though?

After looking around, I'd say 250-350 usd.

1 minute ago, crystal6tak said:

After looking around, I'd say 250-350 usd.

Dell U2518D ($290) - 25" 1440p; covers sRGB, good out of the box though you will be hardware calibrating anyway, some IPS glow. Read Full Review

Dell UP2716D ($380) - 27" 1440p; covers sRGB and adobeRGB, similar color performance, some IPS glow. Read Full Review

those are the two that come to mind and I don't have to time to give a more detailed response. Just take a look at the reviewss

I wouldnt but a DELL  desktop but, there screens, switches and servers are top notch in my opinion. My 10 year old IPS is a DELL

Edit

It looks like the stand is basically the same and it's my favorite out of the 4 monitors on my desk. Also has a buit in usb hub.

Dell makes epic screens. using one right now. probably better than anything else for the price really...

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

On 9/12/2018 at 11:00 PM, Sombra said:

Dell U2518D ($290) - 25" 1440p; covers sRGB, good out of the box though you will be hardware calibrating anyway, some IPS glow. Read Full Review

Dell UP2716D ($380) - 27" 1440p; covers sRGB and adobeRGB, similar color performance, some IPS glow. Read Full Review

those are the two that come to mind and I don't have to time to give a more detailed response. Just take a look at the reviewss

Ordered the U2518D, color looks good, input response of 5.18ms looks very promising. Size seems just right, I actually think 27 might be too big for me. Ordered from Spain so it's insufferably more expensive at 342 euros. 

Gonna test it with my Spyder4 to confirm everything as good as advertised. Hopefully won't have to return it~

Thanks again!