Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nicklmg

UPGRADING the iMac Pro!?

3 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

Thanks to iFixit for sponsoring today's video! Check out their Manta, Mahi, Pro Tech Toolkits and more at https://www.ifixit.com/linus

Yay. Now i get to see something @ 4am after im done with scrapyard wars season 4.

So You Wanna Be A Playa, But Your Rig's Ain't Fly,
You Gotta Hit Us Up, To Get A Pimped Out Rig,

You've Got To Pimp My Riggggggg...  (DAMN RIGHT)

image.thumb.png.6d36699fbca792bed03a8463921aa1da.png

360p with trash audio? Aww this sucks. I can't jack off to this!

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x8GB 3000MHz G.Skill Ripjaws 5 | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Corsair H100i AIO | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB | HDD: Seagate Ironwolf 8TB + 2x Seagate Ironwolf 6TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

33 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

Thanks to iFixit for sponsoring today's video! Check out their Manta, Mahi, Pro Tech Toolkits and more at https://www.ifixit.com/linus

Why would you even upgrade the imac pro? Apple products are DESIGNED to be impossible to upgrade (except for the RAM maybe). But it does sound like a funny video!

Linus: Hey repairing and opening the MAC was a pain in the ass, let's never do it again.
Also Linus: Hey guys we can open the MAC and slot it up with some sweet ram. 

53 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

-snip-

And why excactly weren't you guys able to upgrade it back when Louis Rossmann came to fix it ? I mean, you had it open anyways and he could have helped with it ?

22 minutes ago, Pascal... said:

And why excactly weren't you guys able to upgrade it back when Louis Rossmann came to fix it ? I mean, you had it open anyways and he could have helped with it ?

They get more content out of it this way.

16 minutes ago, Pascal... said:

Because changing any more variables than you have to at once is a bad idea.

If we had put in a CPU and RAM that we aren't sure will work, along with a motherboard and power supply that we aren't sure will work, then if the machine didn't post, we wouldn't know what the problem was.

Was half expecting there to be like a joke cut at the end where Linus on on the phone to Apple support

"Hey Apple, it's Linus here, you know that iMac Pro ...."