UPGRADING the iMac Pro!?

nicklmg
3 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

Thanks to iFixit for sponsoring today's video! Check out their Manta, Mahi, Pro Tech Toolkits and more at https://www.ifixit.com/linus

Yay. Now i get to see something @ 4am after im done with scrapyard wars season 4.

So You Wanna Be A Playa, But Your Rig's Ain't Fly,
You Gotta Hit Us Up, To Get A Pimped Out Rig,

You've Got To Pimp My Riggggggg...  (DAMN RIGHT)

image.thumb.png.6d36699fbca792bed03a8463921aa1da.png

360p with trash audio? Aww this sucks. I can't jack off to this!

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

33 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

Thanks to iFixit for sponsoring today's video! Check out their Manta, Mahi, Pro Tech Toolkits and more at https://www.ifixit.com/linus

Why would you even upgrade the imac pro? Apple products are DESIGNED to be impossible to upgrade (except for the RAM maybe). But it does sound like a funny video!

Linus: Hey repairing and opening the MAC was a pain in the ass, let's never do it again.
Also Linus: Hey guys we can open the MAC and slot it up with some sweet ram. 

53 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

-snip-

And why excactly weren't you guys able to upgrade it back when Louis Rossmann came to fix it ? I mean, you had it open anyways and he could have helped with it ?

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

22 minutes ago, Pascal... said:

And why excactly weren't you guys able to upgrade it back when Louis Rossmann came to fix it ? I mean, you had it open anyways and he could have helped with it ?

They get more content out of it this way.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

16 minutes ago, Pascal... said:

Because changing any more variables than you have to at once is a bad idea.

If we had put in a CPU and RAM that we aren't sure will work, along with a motherboard and power supply that we aren't sure will work, then if the machine didn't post, we wouldn't know what the problem was.

I don't know about anyone else, but I kind of liked the auditory feedback so I could tell what was a voiceover and what was part of the actual footage. It made it sound kind of cool... I'm not sure how else to explain it haha

Was half expecting there to be like a joke cut at the end where Linus on on the phone to Apple support

"Hey Apple, it's Linus here, you know that iMac Pro ...."

• 1 year later...

its 100% illegal for apple to do but no one has the will or probably the money to sue them.

Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act says it is illegal.

thanks 1975 law everyone forgot about

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

• 1 year later...