LTT Overwatch Resolution (Not a video game)

AlTech

reminds me of the League of Legends Tribunal System

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

2 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

By the way, if mods take forever to inform a user they're not following the posting guidelines are we then allowed to tell the user that they're not and in what way(s) they're not?

No, that's backseat moderating:

Do not backseat moderate – if there’s an issue, please use the report function. This includes responses such as "Off topic", "spam", "advertising", "status update material" etc; leave it for the mod team to handle.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

6 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

No, that's backseat moderating:

I meant in addition to reporting the post.

Cos the time from report to post fixed can be quite a while.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

7 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

I meant in addition to reporting the post.

Cos the time from report to post fixed can be quite a while.

If that would be the only purpose of your post, then imo it still applies.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 9/11/2018 at 3:57 PM, AluminiumTech said:

A random group of trusted members with experience would be selected to review reports submitted by the report tool.

The trusted members would not know which user was the suspect (the suspect's username would have to be hidden) and they would not be given any information other than the evidence.

The Moderation Team's time is precious and so having trusted people filter reports before a moderator needs to take action helps save time.

What's the difference between trusted people and mods? There is none. If someone is trusted to be edit or decide whether something needs moding, he/she is fit to be a mod. Furthermore, random group of trusted. I see where you are going, but that wouldn't end good. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

3 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

What's the difference between trusted people and mods? There is none. If someone is trusted to be edit or decide whether something needs moding, he/she is fit to be a mod. 

Personally I would say that there are differences. Some people should be trusted to make the right judgement if they don't know who's involved but not to be a mod.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

15 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Personally I would say that there are differences. Some people should be trusted to make the right judgement if they don't know who's involved but not to be a mod.

I highly disagree. That would just add confusion and imo would be complicating things in current moderation. I for one haven't noticed and big delays from a report to mod action. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

19 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

I highly disagree. That would just add confusion and imo would be complicating things in current moderation. I for one haven't noticed and big delays from a report to mod action. 

Agreed.

37 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Our moderation team is already pretty extensive, if there was a need for more, then we'd start recruiting. While we do trust the judgement of some users, the decisions made are ultimately up to the staff team.

Adding more people for this purpose would add unnecessary complication.

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

30 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Agreed.

Our moderation team is already pretty extensive,

Most of the time when I report something there's only like 5 mods online at best. Worst case scenario there's 0 online. The majority are never online when I report something and so the time taken from report to action is usually 2-5 hours. Sometimes it's substantially worse and sometimes it happens within 20 minutes.

5 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Most of the time when I report something there's only like 5 mods online at best. Worst case scenario there's 0 online. The majority are never online when I report something and so the time taken from report to action is usually 2-5 hours. Sometimes it's substantially worse and sometimes it happens within 20 minutes.

Time zones are a thing, it's not our fault or your fault.

On 11/09/2018 at 5:37 PM, Whiskers said:

By and large if it couldn't be brought over to the main site we wouldn't be testing it on the beta site. :P

What of the "leaderboard" feature? IIRC that was not going to make it to the live release

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

12 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

There are also handful of mods who login incognito. Which don't show up active anywhere. I would say worst reports are for spammers and NSFW material. There are times where those take few hours to handle. But if you are talking about mainly TN&R, I would say those aren't so bad. Maybe its just you being over-sensitive about that part of forums being clean.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

21 hours ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

What of the "leaderboard" feature? IIRC that was not going to make it to the live release

That's in beta at the moment to see whether it's something that we want to bring into the live release or not.

HTTP/2 203