Verify a memory choice fro 2950X/MEG CREATION

Pyrii

So I'm trying to pick some memory, I want decent latency and after lots of research, head scratching, and disappointment that lots of the decent kits are no longer sold here in the UK.

I have a PCPartPicker build (https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Pyrii/saved/NVrV6h) for what I've selected so far, but here's what I'm looking at: 

So checking the compatibility list for the board I can't find the EXACT model number for the RAM, but dual 8GB sticks work

NGlepwz.png

I checked the kit is Samsung B-Die here (https://benzhaomin.github.io/bdiefinder/) but many of the kits with lower latencies just aren't available anymore/here, and those above 3600Mhz probably won't be supported on my board.

Is there something I'm missing in my memory selection? Have I made a bum choice? Let me know as I want to start getting base components ordered this week.

EDIT: Wanted to add that I am doing a watercooling build with a white theme. I've considered watercooling the RAM (EK "Monarch" nickel plates which are €37 per 2 sticks) but I think I'd just prefer to stick with the RGB, I'm conflicted

Looks good to me, tbh. Also, RAM compatibility isn't really an issue anymore on Ryzen systems nowadays. The platform is pretty mature. You'll only run into issues when you populate all 8 slots, at least in terms of RAM overclocking.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

39 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Looks good to me, tbh. Also, RAM compatibility isn't really an issue anymore on Ryzen systems nowadays. The platform is pretty mature. You'll only run into issues when you populate all 8 slots, at least in terms of RAM overclocking.

From what I could tell on similar threads on this board, The new Zen architecture does like speed, so maybe the RAM might have some headroom to improve clock rate (Probably see how far I can push just the clock while keeping same timings and as little additional voltage as possible).

I also heard That TR2 likes similar timings across the latency, so 14-14-14 should be better than say, 14-16-16. I've been seeing lots of kits with CAS latencies with numbers all over the place. Mostly Corsair's very disappointing offerings. But on the other side of the fence, I'm not too sure about G.Skill's reputability (Twitter no longer works, site is a mess/broken).

GSkill is well regarded in the memory space. No worries about that. And it's not just TR4 that likes tight timings, that's just Zen in general. CL14 DDR3-3200 would be super killer though. CL15 is already hard enough to get for an affordable price sometimes.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

15 hours ago, NelizMastr said:

GSkill is well regarded in the memory space. No worries about that. And it's not just TR4 that likes tight timings, that's just Zen in general. CL14 DDR3-3200 would be super killer though. CL15 is already hard enough to get for an affordable price sometimes.

Yeah, and I can't find CAS15 3600 modules anywhere, even though they do exist.

I'm putting together a 2950X on msi meg rig aswell and I'm just as perplexed about RAM choice as you are. Looking for 64GB kit on 4 dimms for starters and hoping to run them on at least 2933. Just like you, I have been looking at g.skill's trident z series, but I couldn't find them on meg's QVL, so I decided to play safe and forget about them. Corsair looks promising until you try and actually find those kits for sale. What confuses me even more is that there are 8x16GB kits listed in that QVL, but the last column implies that they are compatible in the 2 dimm and 4 dimm slot config, but not 8 dimm. Please let me know if you found what you were looking for, it means a lot.