Looking for a good mic that I can plug into my headset

Railgun

I have the Hyperx Cloud II and I'm considering buying a more high quality microphone than the one that comes with the headset. The only problem is that I can't seem to find any that are designed to plug directly into the headset itself. I'm not looking for a mic that sits on my desk or one that attaches externally (like the ModMic for example) I would rather be able to just plug it into the existing mic slot on the headset. Does anyone have any recommendations or keywords I can use for better search results?

Thanks

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

Its a super proprietary design so you won't find anything

your best bet is to probably go for the modmic.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

I am told you CAN modify the cable to get it to plug into the hyperX "square" slot. It requires shaving the rubber of the ModMic 5 though, which will void the warranty.

So, if you feel comfortable doing that and living with the result you CAN plug the ModMic 5 into the mic port and have your instant all-in-one solution. Officially I can't recommend it though :)

Director of Marketing for Antlion Audio, creators of the ModMic.

More info at www.ModMic.com

Ask questions, I'm friendly!