GPU block advice

Hi

i just received a MSI 1070TI GAMING card and i'm looking for a good block compatible, so far i only found the EK-FC1080 GTX TF6:

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-fc1080-gtx-tf6-nickel

This model:

MSI-GeForce-GTX-1070-Ti-Gaming-8G-8GB-GD

Phanteks may have a compatible block but i'm not sure, i asked them and now waiting for the answer...

If the EK-FC1080 GTX TF6 is the only one compatible, is it a good bet ? I'm afraid of erosion/corrosion so i was looking for an full copper or full nikel, i'm not sure about nikel/copper mix. If i can speak with these words sorry English is not my native language.

Thanks

copper and nickel is fine, i dont really like EKWB though so if watercooling was my goal i wouldnt have gotten a card that only had EK blocks compatible. i cant find any other blocks myself. 

my problem with EK isnt that they are BAD but their acrylic cracks, my Supremacy EVO came coroded and with bent microfinns and also leaks a little even when its tight and then they also have dont litteraly nothing but copy pasta work on their blocks for the last age and a half while others have been working on performance so they arent even the top performance choice

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Their acrylic or (and?) their acetal ?

Seems like this block isn't mad of acrylic.

"The base of the block is made of nickel-plated electrolytic copper while the top is made of quality POM Acetal material "

17 minutes ago, MickeyCoquin said:

Their acrylic or (and?) their acetal ?

Seems like this block isn't mad of acrylic.

"The base of the block is made of nickel-plated electrolytic copper while the top is made of quality POM Acetal material "

Acetal isn’t a problem it has a lot more give compared to acrylic. Cracking tends to happen with any kind of acrylic if a stress is applied to it for an extended period of time and then removed, stress fractures can occur.

OK i've decided on the EKWB (but the acetal version as suggested here). Best price and should do the job.

I was told by EKWB that i could go for Supremacy EVO for my CPU which will be a 8700k.

Now i need to figure out which one is better between:

Copper Acetal

Nickel Acetal

Or Full Nickel

Any reco ?

3 hours ago, MickeyCoquin said:

OK i've decided on the EKWB (but the acetal version as suggested here). Best price and should do the job.

I was told by EKWB that i could go for Supremacy EVO for my CPU which will be a 8700k.

Now i need to figure out which one is better between:

Copper Acetal

Nickel Acetal

Or Full Nickel

Any reco ?

It’s really aesthics at that point, the nickel playing is nice since it doesn’t readily oxidize like the bare copper. Just make sure you are using a premixed fluid and not something like a silver kill coil since it doesn’t play nice with nickel plating. 

My my personal favorite is the full nickel one, a bit more costly but very nice looking.

Thanks.

Still haven't order my block and just stumble upon a chinese brand that makes WC parts and they may have a gpu block for the MSI 1070ti gaming...

https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/BYKSKI-NIVDIA-MSI-GTX1080-GTX1070-GTX1060-Full-Cover-Graphics-Card-Water-Cooling-GPU-Block-N-MS1080GM/32818094680.html

And a subsidiary brand Barrow make them too:

https://www.amazon.com/Barrow-Water-Cooling-Block-GTX1080/dp/B0789PMZRC

Both are cheaper than Phanteks and EKWB but are full cover.

Any idea what i should go for ?

12 hours ago, MickeyCoquin said:

Thanks.

Still haven't order my block and just stumble upon a chinese brand that makes WC parts and they may have a gpu block for the MSI 1070ti gaming...

https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/BYKSKI-NIVDIA-MSI-GTX1080-GTX1070-GTX1060-Full-Cover-Graphics-Card-Water-Cooling-GPU-Block-N-MS1080GM/32818094680.html

And a subsidiary brand Barrow make them too:

https://www.amazon.com/Barrow-Water-Cooling-Block-GTX1080/dp/B0789PMZRC

Both are cheaper than Phanteks and EKWB but are full cover.

Any idea what i should go for ?

Barrow and Bykski are fairly large brands over in Asia and are decent products. As I’ve always mentioned however after sales service may be hard to come by if you run into problems or require parts. 

Only bad things i can say about barrow and bykski the install instructions are almost nothing.And you'll play the thremo pad guessing game tell you get it right.

Went with the EKWB 1080 block, just received it today (only 2 days after ordering, and i'm in France lol, performance-pcs tried to make a record i think)

About to order the rest of the loop, maybe i'll come by tomorrow to ask if i'm not doing any mistakes and if the products i'll order  will not cause any conflict.

Thanks again @ all

OK so i'm about to max out the credit card so before i click the pay button i would appreciate if you could look at my cart and the components i already have, maybe there is an incompatibility that i didn't think of:

Already ordered/received:

Intel - Core i7-8700K

MSI - Z370I GAMING PRO CARBON AC

G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200

MSI - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

Samsung - 970 Evo 500GB M.2-2280

SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Platinum 850W

Radikult Reservoir 240mm

Now the rest of the list i made to complete the build:

Black ICE Nemesis 360GTS XFlow

Black ICE Nemesis 240GTS XFlow

Laing Pump D5 PWM G2

Tube EK-DuraClear 9,5/15,9mm

Hose clamp for 16mm (10 pcs)

Bitspower Premium G1/4" High Flow 3/8" Fitting (10 pcs)

Watercool HEATKILLER® IV PRO (INTEL processor) PURE COPPER

be quiet! SilentWings 3 120mm PWM (5 pcs)

I'll also need a valve, everything to be able to fill the reservoir (i need to take a better look how it's done), fluid... and other things i'm probably missing...

Thanks again without this forum i would be completely lost.

7 hours ago, MickeyCoquin said:

-SNIP-

That looks pretty good but I'd personally recommend to use compression fittings it will save some hassle and give a cleaner look than barb fittings and clamps. You may want some angled adapter fittings depending on the tubing runs. For a drain valve, you will normally require a 3 way splitter, valve and some male to male fittings to interface between them. Also don't forget about a fluid for the loop if you have a standard sized case and tubing runs that should take around 2L.

I have an output port available on bottom of the reservoir, so i will drain the water from here. I figured out yesterday i was going to need some male to male adapter too, thanks for the confirmation. Shouldn't need a 3 way splitter in this case.

Will probably stick with barb fittings i don't care about aesthetic and i don't mind the hassle ^^

But if you have a reason to recommend compression fitting over barb fittings in terms of performance or durability, i'd happily change my mind and follow the advice ^^

Shouldn't need angled fittings either as the case will be handmaid and i think i made a pretty good job at organizing the elements so that the circuit stay the simplest as possible.

Reservoir and radiators's outputs are pretty much aligned with the inputs of the block, so lines are straight or with little deviation but that don't require additional angled fittings.

I can send the sketch if anyone want to see ^^

As for the fluid maybe 1 L is enough but you may be right so i'll order 2 L, or 3 for extra liquid in case of maintenance, don't really thought about it already.

You said earlier no silver coil.

Can you recommend something from one of the following site:

https://www.docmicro.com/

or

https://www.aquatuning.fr/

Also, should be OK if i use simple scissors for cutting the tubes right ? Don't need special tool like this one:

XSPC - Coupe Tuyau Robuste pour Tuyau Souple et Rigide (0-25mm)

Thanks again for the precious help.

Have a nice day :)

There's no performance or durability difference between compression fittings and barb fittings. IMO barb fittings with hoseclamps are easier and more convenient. And cheaper....

Main system:

Enthoo Primo, X99 Rampage V, 16GB Ripjaws, i7 5820K, 500GB 970 EVO, 1TB 850 EVO, GTX 1080Ti SLI, EKWB custom Water cooling, Acer X34.

Obutto R3volution racing sim, Logitech G27 w/Nardi wheel and custom button plate, Logitech Z906 surround sound.

Home Theater:

Fractal Node 605, Asus Prime Z390A, i5 9600K, 16GB 3200MHz, 2 X 500GB EVO, GTX 1080, 4TB WD, Corsair Lapdog - K63 keyboard, Logitech MX Master 2S,

Samsung Q8F 65", Dreamscreen Cineseat powered recliner sofa.

Denon AVR-X4500H, Dynavoice Challenger surround: M-105, C5 XL, M-65. Klipsch R41-SA Atmos speakers. XTZ 12.16 sub, Dynabel Phobos 12" sub.

2nd system:

Fractal R5, Asus Z-97 A, 16GB 2000MHz, i7 4790K, 240GB 840 EVO, GTX 980Ti SLI, EKWB and Swiftech custom water cooling, Asus Swift PG278Q.

Laptop:

Acer Predator G9-793, i7-7700HQ, 16GB, GTX 1070, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 1080p display OC to 100Hz.

Headphones and DAC/AMP: 

Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO

Sound Blaster X3

12 hours ago, MickeyCoquin said:

-SNIP-

As long as you use a clamp on a barb it's no less secure than a compression type. For fluid if you want a transparent one, Mayhems X1 or EKWB's cryofuel are good choices, for an opaque one Mayhems Pastel would be consider some of the best out there. 

OK thanks i'l stick with barbs then.

What's the difference between opaque and transparent ? Besides aesthetic, again is there a recommended fluid for better perf and durability ? Don't need dye or special effects fuild just something that will cool my system ^^