HTPC black screening

vong
Go to solution Solved by Fasauceome,
31 minutes ago, vong said:

I thought all HDMI cables were the same? Currently using one I've had for years on the HTPC and the one I got with the PS4 Pro.

ruh ro

hdmi 2.0 is the one that supports 4k. You can find them easily online, and they're not eye-bogglingly expensive, but you will need to probably update your cable.

Hi all,

Have just run into an issue with my HTPC black screening after changing a setting on my Denon X3400 for my PS4 Pro to output 4k resolution. I changed the setting for the 4k signal format to 'enhanced' which is for devices that support 10bit video, whilst the 'standard' is 8bit video. I checked the Nvidia control panel and I don't think it supports 10bit.

HTPC specs are:

GTX 1060 6GB

16GB DDR3

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

Are you using a suitable HDMI cable?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Are you using a suitable HDMI cable?

I thought all HDMI cables were the same? Currently using one I've had for years on the HTPC and the one I got with the PS4 Pro.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

31 minutes ago, vong said:

ruh ro

hdmi 2.0 is the one that supports 4k. You can find them easily online, and they're not eye-bogglingly expensive, but you will need to probably update your cable.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

You need at least hdmi 2.0, and if it requires ethernet make sure the cable supports that. HDMI cables are NOT all the same though. HDMI 1.4 is probably what you are running currently, and is very outdated for current tech, especially anything in 4k.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 6:11 PM, vong said:

GTX 1060 6GB

this card does support 10 bit color. may I ask are you running with HDMI or DP?

Also is the monitor 10 bit capable?