What is this worth?

KirbyTech

in CAD

with the specs 

CPU: i7 8700k

MOBO: Asus Tuff Pro (forget the exact model but was $200 new)

RAM: 36GB total in w 2x 16GB and 1x 4GB config

CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo

GPU: GTX 1060 3GB

SSD: 500GB Samsung 960 Pro M.2 NVMe

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Black

PSU: EVGA G650 fully modular

Extras, Corsair non led fans, DVD burner, multicard reader

What do you think I could get for this in CAD? I have seen prices all over the place on Kijiji, stuff worse selling for $2000 and stuff better selling for $1200. Is it just a matter of listing at a stupidly high price and working my way down?

12 minutes ago, KirbyTech said:

in CAD

with the specs 

CPU: i7 8700k

CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo

GPU: GTX 1060 3GB

SSD: 500GB Samsung 960 Pro M.2 NVMe

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Black

PSU: EVGA G650 fully modular

Extras, Corsair non led fans, DVD burner, multicard reader

What do you think I could get for this in CAD? I have seen prices all over the place on Kijiji, stuff worse selling for $2000 and stuff better selling for $1200. Is it just a matter of listing at a stupidly high price and working my way down?

Just go on newegg.ca and type the parts and you will have prices

Prices on Kijiji doesnt make any sense some people just try to ripoff other people

If you want to have best price then yeah do like others or best thing to do I believe is take like 10-20 similar ads , like with same spec of your computer, and do an average of the prices and start your way there

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4.5 ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 / Board: Asus Z170-A / GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB / PSU: Corsair RMx 850w / Case: Fractal Design Define S / Keyboard: Corsair MX Silent / Mouse: Logitech G403 / Monitor: Dell 27" TN 1ms 1440p/144hz Gsync

On 9/9/2018 at 10:19 PM, Axeoasis said:

What's the motherboard and ram? I don't see them listed.

Ops sorry

Updated the OP 

On 9/9/2018 at 11:44 PM, WindowsIsLife said:

1060's are good overall but if you're not an Nvidia fanboy(or girl) then I would go with the Radeon RX 580, which is better specifically for CAD.

What are you talking about? I already have it and want to sell it. Maybe late night for you or something and you forgot to read the whole thing.

On 9/9/2018 at 2:50 PM, gbergeron said:

Just go on newegg.ca and type the parts and you will have prices

Prices on Kijiji doesnt make any sense some people just try to ripoff other people

If you want to have best price then yeah do like others or best thing to do I believe is take like 10-20 similar ads , like with same spec of your computer, and do an average of the prices and start your way there

New the parts are about $1800 but it doesn't make sense for it to cost the same as new when it is used. I was guessing I could get $1200-$1400

On 12/09/2018 at 3:04 PM, KirbyTech said:

New the parts are about $1800 but it doesn't make sense for it to cost the same as new when it is used. I was guessing I could get $1200-$1400

Start it at 1400 and see what happens :P 

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4.5 ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 / Board: Asus Z170-A / GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB / PSU: Corsair RMx 850w / Case: Fractal Design Define S / Keyboard: Corsair MX Silent / Mouse: Logitech G403 / Monitor: Dell 27" TN 1ms 1440p/144hz Gsync

I put your build together as closely as i could here: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KG6G29

You didn't list specific brands on the ram and gpu, so i assumed. I didn't include the multi card reader or the dvd burner as those don't really add much value to the pc for people looking at high end systems now days, but you could add $50 if you wanted to include that.

The system comes to $1,510 so i would start selling somewhere around $1,000. The main problem people run into when selling their computers is that they try to price as close to their build cost as possible, however anyone looking to buy the system would rather spend $100-$300 just to build it themselves and guarantee everything is brand new. For instance, when i built my PC it was a $2,000 up to spec 7th gen Core i5 machine, but if i wanted to sell it a few months later i wouldn't have gone past $1,500.

Hope this helps.

On 9/13/2018 at 10:17 PM, Axeoasis said:

I put your build together as closely as i could here: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KG6G29

You didn't list specific brands on the ram and gpu, so i assumed. I didn't include the multi card reader or the dvd burner as those don't really add much value to the pc for people looking at high end systems now days, but you could add $50 if you wanted to include that.

The system comes to $1,510 so i would start selling somewhere around $1,000. The main problem people run into when selling their computers is that they try to price as close to their build cost as possible, however anyone looking to buy the system would rather spend $100-$300 just to build it themselves and guarantee everything is brand new. For instance, when i built my PC it was a $2,000 up to spec 7th gen Core i5 machine, but if i wanted to sell it a few months later i wouldn't have gone past $1,500.

Hope this helps.

I did similar building of it on PCPartPicker and came up with a higher number since I am in Canada as I think I made clear. So my build without the multicard reader, dvd burned or the custom cables is actually closer to $1800 than your USD pricing. I just switched the country on pcpartpicker and the build comes to $2071 with the exact same parts and that is buying each part from the cheapest supplier. 

I get selling below build cost but also I'm seeing prices around me much more than makes sense. Your $1000 point just seems silly since I am seeing fairly new builds of i5/ 8GB RAM and GTX 1060's going for more than that. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/16/2018 at 2:26 PM, KirbyTech said:

I did similar building of it on PCPartPicker and came up with a higher number since I am in Canada as I think I made clear. So my build without the multicard reader, dvd burned or the custom cables is actually closer to $1800 than your USD pricing. I just switched the country on pcpartpicker and the build comes to $2071 with the exact same parts and that is buying each part from the cheapest supplier. 

I get selling below build cost but also I'm seeing prices around me much more than makes sense. Your $1000 point just seems silly since I am seeing fairly new builds of i5/ 8GB RAM and GTX 1060's going for more than that. 

May i see your PcPartPicker list? If you used the same parts I did, it should be the exact same price when in USD ?