Upgrading Our WORST Gaming Rigs

Thank you to Intel for sponsoring this video. #IntelGamerDays is running from September 1-16, offering PC gamers amazing discounts on great gear and opportunities to win cool prizes and experiences every day. Check it all out HERE: https://intel.ly/GamerDays

it's Unlisted.

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

1 minute ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

it's Unlisted.

Yes. We always post the forum thread before we publish the video.

7 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

Yes. We always post the forum thread before we publish the video.

oh. gotcha. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

noice

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Out of the 3 candidates I guess the only logical choice was the one that actually had an upgradable system? Too bad he was the only non-gamer in the group...I wonder if he spoke to his better half before promising to hook up the computer again?

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

pHW7IcX.png

tenor.gif

literally me clicking any links related to promotions, giveaways, discounts or free games on any site

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

in my opinion they shouldn't have picked someone who first had to promise to actually use the machine. 

like give it to someone who is actually going to use it to it's full potential...

She/Her

Interesting to see the kind of computers the LTT staff use at home, it shows that different professions tend to dictate your computing needs at home. And how much Linus pays them (insert Linus kappa here, why is that not an emoticon?). I'm surprised they didn't upgrade his storage other than an OS SSD. I'm not too sure about the final selection, I can see why maybe Linus picked who he did, but I'm not sure he'll actually use it.

Semi-related to the video though I feel like I need a small rant.

It feels like any time AMD releases a new line of CPUs, Intel goes ham on marketing and sponsored content, and LTT seems to happily be party to this, since there's almost no coverage of Ryzen/TR builds both times they've been released. I get the feeling Intel is trying to make AMD's offerings irrelevant by just pushing their name up front with content creators as much as possible. I really worry about how objective LTT seems and how objective other people see LTT when they do "Value build"s with more expensive Intel processors just because it's sponsored by Intel, and just flood out Intel sponsored videos after every AMD launch. These are interesting times yet I feel like LTT only shows one side of the story.

I really want to see a better response to competition from Intel, all this flailing is what's driving me to AMD for the first time in over 15 years. I want to see Intel pull it's finger out and do better, but this... this is just sad to watch. Especially since this Promo is US/Canada only. AMD really should be countering with their own marketing too

I have no problem with sponsored content, but this has had me scratching my chin for some time. We get to see some interesting videos from LTT though, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I contend that the instant you replace the MotherBoard it becomes a new computer... rather than an "upgrade" of an old computer. 

Everything you could swap out for another part... the CPU... even the case... but the moment you toss the MB... you're no longer upgrading a computer and just building a new one in an old case.

I find it hilarious they switched first Intel HEDT with Hex Core support (X58), to first Intel Mainstream with Hex Core support (Z370) :D

CPU : Core i7 6950X @ 4.26 GHz + Hydronaut + TRVX + 2x Delta 38mm PWM
MB : Gigabyte X99 SOC (BIOS F23c)
RAM : 4x Patriot Viper Steel 4000MHz CL16 @ 3042MHz CL12.12.12.24 CR2T @1.48V.
GPU : Titan Xp Collector's Edition (Empire)
M.2/HDD : Samsung SM961 256GB (NVMe/OS) + + 3x HGST Ultrastar 7K6000 6TB
DAC : Motu M4 + Audio Technica ATH-A900Z
PSU: Seasonic X-760 || CASE : Fractal Meshify 2 XL || OS : Win 10 Pro x64

What happened to the X58 motherboard, you're right some of use are dying to get our hands on one.

Can you put it in the classifieds? Have a giveaway? Let us know it's finally in use? 

Pretty please with sugar on top. 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

1 minute ago, Pyrii said:

Just felt like teasing @Redicat and @App4that

*waves fists at Pyrii* (in a joking way)

I have 2 w3540s and a x5660, really want a X58 custom board so I can overclock it, but if you find a board they're sometime more than modern brand new ones. It's crazy. Keep living the dream, hope that board of yours has many days left in it. 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

3 minutes ago, App4that said:

*waves fists at Pyrii* (in a joking way)

I have 2 w3540s and a x5660, really want a X58 custom board so I can overclock it, but if you find a board they're sometime more than modern brand new ones. It's crazy. Keep living the dream, hope that board of yours has many days left in it. 

My server is an Sandy Bridge P67, and when I accidentally blew the board up with a loose screw, I had to pay a king's ransom on ebay for a replacement. I can definately sympathise.

James is really kicking ass atm, he's hilarious in this video and the fighting Anthony one recently 

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

2 minutes ago, Redicat said:

Not that fast anyway only higher clock speed 

I lowered my overclock over summer due to it causing my PC to pump out lots of heat turning my room into a sauna in summer. I could probably push this board further but I think I'd prefer to just focus on my new machine.

Is it just me, or is the quality of information of LTT videos dropping lately?

You have this huge media group, can you hire a professional videographer, or is crappy quality of video, a trademark style of LTT?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

51 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Is it just me, or is the quality of information of LTT videos dropping lately?

You have this huge media group, can you hire a professional videographer, or is crappy quality of video, a trademark style of LTT?

What 'quality' exactly are you referring to? It was a sponsored spot, that may vary the amount of research or additional work put into a video. You'd have to elaborate for anyone to comment really.

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

Youtube comments are plain embarrassing...

"Y u no help those in need, give stuff to Dennis coz he lives by office supplies".

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

Are x58 motherboards worth something. Still have my i7 920 and evga x58 and they work fine.