Wakeup on LAN not working

DeathPheonix

I'm using an sabertooth x99 mobo with windows 10, however I cannot get WOL to work

CPU: i7 5930K OC'd 4.5Ghz

Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth

RAM: 64G Corsair Dominator Platinum

GPU: EVGA GTX980Ti Hybrid

Case: NZXT H440 Razer Edition

Boot: Intel 750 480GB 

Storage: Micron M7 256GB+Seagate 3TB in acceleration mode

Backup: WD Blue 1T incremental for boot drive

PSU: Corsair AX860i

Display: Dell 2312HM

Cooling: H110i GTX

Keyboard: Topre Realforce

Mouse: Logitech G700s/G502s

Hello, can we have more informations with what tools/apps you have tried to do WOL with and what settings you used on the tool/app and your network card such as your internal IP ?

15 minutes ago, Flighteur said:

Hello, can we have more informations with what tools/apps you have tried to do WOL with and what settings you used on the tool/app and your network card such as your internal IP ?

I've tried various tools on my iOS device such as WOL, what I'm trying to do is make WOL available for team viewer so that I can remote in my system when needed. I have a server on the same LAN running team viewer 24/7 and have setup WOL using their instructions, which does not work for some reason. 

CPU: i7 5930K OC'd 4.5Ghz

Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth

RAM: 64G Corsair Dominator Platinum

GPU: EVGA GTX980Ti Hybrid

Case: NZXT H440 Razer Edition

Boot: Intel 750 480GB 

Storage: Micron M7 256GB+Seagate 3TB in acceleration mode

Backup: WD Blue 1T incremental for boot drive

PSU: Corsair AX860i

Display: Dell 2312HM

Cooling: H110i GTX

Keyboard: Topre Realforce

Mouse: Logitech G700s/G502s

Ok, first of all - you must enable WOL both - in BIOS and in advanced settings on your lan card in Windows.

Second - you need router that can bind your MAC to IP (ARP binding). Only TP-Link routers have that option (or professional ones for business). If not - some Asus routers have built-in WOL and others (Asus and some Netgears) possibility to ARP binding using telnet. Forget about linksys/cisco.

If you have no ARP binding, you'll be able to wake from sleep only, since your router forget your computer few minutes after turn off.

If you have everything set, then forward port 7 or 9 on your router. Then set WOL application on smartphone using your external IP, MAC address and selected port.

For remote control I recommend Radmin (for PC) or UltraVNC (if you want to use your phone to control your PC).