Your experience with dating apps or sites

Shockwave1000001

Tinder is decent. 

Really wish you could filter girls with kids or ones that don't date men under 6'4 though. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

1 hour ago, aezakmi said:

Those sites are mostly fake and/or used for scamming at least in South America, the news about horny guys getting kidnapped, robbed and even raped by gangs or because they went into "Tinder" are countless in my city, criminals here are up to date (...) with all these dating sites and will often use a real girl (usually a prostitute) to lure dumb dudes into traps, these ladies will lure the rest of the gang which is usually nearby inside a van or SUV to the guy's apartment or house so they can sack the place in minutes

some go beyond this and might kill the guys if they resist, there was a famous case in which one of these girls poisoned a man to rob his apartment by herself and left, she decided to do this because it'd look suspicious if 5 other guys tried to enter the building, police never catched them.

Guys who fall for these baits are usually too desperate or too naive to realize the girl is a setup.

Well let's be honest, almost anything in South America can get you raped.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

7 hours ago, pipnina said:

Dating app success depends a lot on location as far as I can tell.

I live in a city, maybe 500'000 population. I got more likes in 1 week on my holiday to Canterbury/London than I got in 2 months in my home city.

Also Tinder is over 60% male, the women are all either really picky or impossible to make conversation with (they will *never* message first if you match with them either. Guys get lumped with the hard stuff.)

I'd meet someone IRL if I knew how.

I usually get 3 or 4 likes every time I go on. My city is 150,000.

3 hours ago, EPENEX said:

I've considered using something like Grindr before, but right now I am happy with my long distance relationship (we met on Steam 2 years ago). He's about an 18 hour drive away, so it's far, but not so far we will never meet up. I have friends that use Tinder, and none of them have been successful in finding someone.

Best of luck to you two, @Dan Castellaneta met on here sometime in late 2015 or early 2016 and been together since Dec 31 2016.

We're only a 14.5 hour drive away, I can't wait to meet up with him though.

Long Distance Relationships are not easy that's for sure but it's been worth it.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

i have more lucking. finding or winning money. the app or site.

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

9 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Well let's be honest, almost anything in South America can get you raped.

This confirms my thought, northerners see us as a bunch of troglodytes with firearms living in bothies and fighthing over a slice of bread

can't say that's a lie tho, last week a guy killed his friend while arguing over an empanada (pastry)

F

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

24 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

This confirms my thought, northerners see us as a bunch of troglodytes with firearms living in bothies and fighthing over a slice of bread

can't say that's a lie tho, last week a guy killed his friend while arguing over an empanada (pastry)

also apply to most of Florida to....

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

4 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

I usually get 3 or 4 likes every time I go on. My city is 150,000.

I mean it probably depends on the kind of city as well, no? Canterbury is a smaller city than the one I live in permanently (Apparently official sources say my hometown is ~250k, vs canterbury's 140k) and I only spent about 12 hours of those 7 days in London. My range wasn't that big.

Obviously I would get more likes if I put more effort into a better profile, but despite having photography as a hobby I can never take photos of myself that are any good.

Also this will only get worse for me as I have already started balding at age 20, parts of my hair are already see-through at the sides and back. :(

In my very limited experience, it all depends on what you're looking for and how you tailor your experience to that. 

Most dating/hookup apps have either a very specific niché or a certain culture to them, and it's all about picking the service that best speaks to your needs. 

Take Tinder or Grindr, for example. Where I live both are primarily used as traditional dating apps, while in other territories they're used for hookups (at least from what I've heard). 

So going on Tinder and expecting a one-night stand here would be quite a dissapointing experience. 

The same way using Christian Mingle would probably be if you're just looking for an uncommited shag. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Used Tinder a few years ago when I was staying with my mate at his uni - had a pretty good success rate (Had to actually turn one girl down as I was meeting another one from Tinder lol). 

That being said my friend had a relationship with a girl who he met on Tinder and it was pretty toxic. Lasted 2 years and in that space of time she sliced his arm open with a knife, and was extremely controlling. Finally got him out of the relationship only for him to get straight back into another relationship (Although his new gf is actually nice, and they met normally), just a shame we don't see him very often 

Living in Auckland New Zealand, and I rarely get any matches (Tinder/Bumble), despite having a very normal build although tall as since I'm european (196 cm).

What I do is just swipe right to every single woman on there. The ones that do end up liking me back have in fact always been fuck ugly or obese. I see heaps of pretty girls there but none that want to be with me apparently. Could just be my profile pictures though.

Well, day 3 with Tinder and so far not much activity. I did have 1 person who liked me and sent me a msg. Sadly her profile had nothing going on. It simply said "Short girl with lot a personality". I mean that could mean anything, and her pictures were just the common ones, i.e club pictures. However, I was curious and thought I throw a "Hi, hows your morning". After that, the message was gone and haven't heard anything since.

I can understand some people may dislike the same old greeting message but if you got nothing going on your bio or profile than I'm gonna throw a boring-ass question to turn into an interesting conversation, once I know the answer.

So, yeah. Not sure if it's my pics or what. I'm a male btw living in Bournemouth if that means anything.

10 hours ago, pipnina said:

I mean it probably depends on the kind of city as well, no? Canterbury is a smaller city than the one I live in permanently (Apparently official sources say my hometown is ~250k, vs canterbury's 140k) and I only spent about 12 hours of those 7 days in London. My range wasn't that big.

Obviously I would get more likes if I put more effort into a better profile, but despite having photography as a hobby I can never take photos of myself that are any good.

Also this will only get worse for me as I have already started balding at age 20, parts of my hair are already see-through at the sides and back. :(

Are you saying my town is slutty? It's certainly been called dirty. Shame about the balding, don't worry about it and go for a Vin Diesel or The Rock vibe. 

14 hours ago, dogwitch said:

those Florida Man news are hilarious

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

1 minute ago, RorzNZ said:

Are you saying my town is slutty?

If anything, I'm saying something about the quality of the people in my town...

Shame about the balding, don't worry about it and go for a Vin Diesel or The Rock vibe.

I was thinking maybe "Jean Luc Picard" (Patrick Stewart went bald in his 20s!). If I went for Vin Diesel or The Rock I'd have to go to the gym and get more gains!

7 minutes ago, pipnina said:

If anything, I'm saying something about the quality of the people in my town...

I was thinking maybe "Jean Luc Picard" (Patrick Stewart went bald in his 20s!). If I went for Vin Diesel or The Rock I'd have to go to the gym and get more gains!

Or Sean Evans. Lots of young bald men around, just make sure you can pull it off, or its Toupee time!

2 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

Or Sean Evans. Lots of young bald men around, just make sure you can pull it off, or its Toupee time!

any time a toupee is need. it already failed for the purpose of it.

Sorry to break the conversation chain but I've landed a meet up with a girl that I met on Bumble. I'm very suspicious but  I'm keeping my cool as I don't want to overthink this person I've met.

So the plan is to meet up in town that I've known quite well. She hasn't been in that particular town as she has only lived in my area for few days, which is alright and I thought it'll be best to give her the option of picking a place that suits her and time.

I have been tricked before and while it isn't fun nor safe, I asked for some friends to tag along but be in the distance in case. So, yeah...I was wondering if anyone got any advice? There's bit more detail but that's the summary.

1 hour ago, dogwitch said:

any time a toupee is need. it already failed for the purpose of it.

Aston Kutcher pulls it off

45 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

Aston Kutcher pulls it off

that the rare time it works...

i was active on a dating site for tall people in germany and met the woman there that is now my wife so it worked out pretty good id say.

I've had decent luck with this site.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.