Your experience with dating apps or sites

Shockwave1000001

Just been playing around with few apps. Seeing what the pros and cons are and most of the time the biggest con is how some of these apps are scams. But I got few likes here and there but nothing major.

What's your experience and the name of the app you used?

Just go to a bar

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

I use Tinder, It's pretty good, or go to a club.

forgot the names of the apps... 

most of them sucks. 

and most of them using a shit tons of bots. 

I think the impression i get was that it is being used to find easy hook ups. 

Maybe in other countries it can turn into serious thing.

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

6 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

I use Tinder, It's pretty good, or go to a club.

Tried Tinder but a large majority of the woman on there is bit much for me, regarding appearance I mean. Not even sure if Tinder still alive. I don't see signs of it on the trending tab on the Android Store.

6 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

forgot the names of the apps... 

most of them sucks. 

and most of them using a shit tons of bots. 

I think the impression i get was that it is being used to find easy hook ups. 

Maybe in other countries it can turn into serious thing.

Pretty much hook ups, yeah.

omegle if you want a garunteed chance of getting chicks to speak to you

With Great Power, Comes a Great Electricity Bill

Main

Setup: Intel core i5-8400 (OC'd), MSI Z-370-A Pro, Crucial Ballistix 8GB, Be Quiet! Pure Slim, Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 RGB, TP-Link Wifi Adapter, ASRock RX580, Artic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste, Logitech G105, Logitech M310, Razer Sphex V2 (Mat), EVGA 500W 80+ Silver, 1TB WD Blue, 240gb Kingston Digital

Just now, 6thOntheLeft said:

lmao.

Aren't those sort of site attract the wrong kind of people? I think I've been on it before with some friends for fun and most of the time it was dudes doing their thing.

2 minutes ago, 6thOntheLeft said:

And scary old men 

That's an F in the profile pic

1 minute ago, Shockwave1000001 said:

lmao.

Aren't those sort of site attract the wrong kind of people? I think I've been on it before with some friends for fun and most of the time it was dudes doing their thing.

if you think your life sucks just go there and you will see a shit ton of people just so bored then you fell good about yourself. 

trust me it works. :P 

2 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

if you think your life sucks just go there and you will see a shit ton of people just so bored then you fell good about yourself. 

trust me it works. :P 

haah. No ty :)

Seen it couple times. No need to go back and have nightmares after.

Just now, Shockwave1000001 said:

haah. No ty :)

Seen it couple times. No need to go back and have nightmares after.

when people are bored, they do all kinds of stupid stuff.

8 minutes ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

I met my boyfriend right here on ltt. @Dan Castellaneta :x:x :^)

Okay now this is just downright adorable, please stahp, my smol heart... :x

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

5 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

when people are bored, they do all kinds of stupid stuff.

Oh no doubt!

I wouldn't be surprised with the things they come up with. I mostly went on chatroulette, donkey years ago when I saw a funny youtuber made a video of.

For now, I'm just out being curious on these dating apps, like Badoo for example.

40 minutes ago, Shockwave1000001 said:

Tried Tinder but a large majority of the woman on there is bit much for me, regarding appearance I mean. Not even sure if Tinder still alive. I don't see signs of it on the trending tab on the Android Store.

Pretty much hook ups, yeah.

Don't be so hard on yourself. If they like you, they like you

Dating app success depends a lot on location as far as I can tell.

I live in a city, maybe 500'000 population. I got more likes in 1 week on my holiday to Canterbury/London than I got in 2 months in my home city.

Also Tinder is over 60% male, the women are all either really picky or impossible to make conversation with (they will *never* message first if you match with them either. Guys get lumped with the hard stuff.)

I'd meet someone IRL if I knew how.

1 hour ago, pipnina said:

Dating app success depends a lot on location as far as I can tell.

I live in a city, maybe 500'000 population. I got more likes in 1 week on my holiday to Canterbury/London than I got in 2 months in my home city.

Also Tinder is over 60% male, the women are all either really picky or impossible to make conversation with (they will *never* message first if you match with them either. Guys get lumped with the hard stuff.)

I'd meet someone IRL if I knew how.

Your best bet is to just wing it. Someone's bound to catch an interest in you.

That's how I did it. Granted, that was on this very forum, but still, winging it and letting someone see who you are from the get-go is an easy way to weed out people.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Dated a girl i met off tinder for a few months. She was bit psychotic (things that probably aren't safe to talk about on the forum) and ive never gone back to the app.

Best bet is meeting people in person.

Go to bars, clubs, hell - even the library. You never know where you'll meet someone special

Seeing the word Tinder quite a bit. I might as well get back into it as I've been jumping from app to app.

Time will only tell. Besides this is only out of curiosity. I'm not too hooked onto the whole dating game, but having a little dip into this should be somewhat interesting.

Met on Bumble several months ago, hit it off pretty quickly, have been enjoying a great relationship so far.  Lots of failed first dates with others before that, of course, but that's par for the course with dating services.  The main thing to learn: don't swipe on someone until you think you'd really click with them, not just because you found a couple of things in common.

I don't get the "just go to a bar" argument.  Not to reduce it to a question of efficiency, but do you really want to hit up people based solely on looks, many of whom are uninterested, in the midst of getting hammered or fundamentally incompatible?  When you think about it, it's like throwing darts while blindfolded... you're hoping that the person of your dreams just happens to be in the same bar at the same time and is willing to talk to a stranger out of the blue.  Wouldn't you want to find your match wherever they happen to live in town, and get a little introduction first?

I've considered using something like Grindr before, but right now I am happy with my long distance relationship (we met on Steam 2 years ago). He's about an 18 hour drive away, so it's far, but not so far we will never meet up. I have friends that use Tinder, and none of them have been successful in finding someone.

Those sites are mostly fake and/or used for scamming at least in South America, the news about horny guys getting kidnapped, robbed and even raped by gangs or because they went into "Tinder" are countless in my city, criminals here are up to date (...) with all these dating sites and will often use a real girl (usually a prostitute) to lure dumb dudes into traps, these ladies will lure the rest of the gang which is usually nearby inside a van or SUV to the guy's apartment or house so they can sack the place in minutes

some go beyond this and might kill the guys if they resist, there was a famous case in which one of these girls poisoned a man to rob his apartment by herself and left, she decided to do this because it'd look suspicious if 5 other guys tried to enter the building, police never catched them.

Guys who fall for these baits are usually too desperate or too naive to realize the girl is a setup.

I don't support the "go to a bar" thing, go to a bar if you want to pick up drunk easy girls that are looking for 5-minute sex. Go somewhere else

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

Ive tried all of them, and if youre a big fat guy that plays video games all the time like me then youll only get a few likes and thats it

My experience is I down load them drunk and delete them sober.