Does your computer have a name?

Computernaut

Yeah. My last one was Acer but this one is like “desktop-58-7” or something. Windows 10 Installation named this one. 

42 minutes ago, YakityYak said:

i only cars and girlfriends lol 

nice

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

4 hours ago, Computernaut said:

What's your computer's name? And no, I don't mean the model. What did you name it (if anything)? What do you think of naming computers? Some people name their cars or houses, so why not your gaming rig?

My computers get named after the GPU's inside so my desktop is 970 and my laptop is 940mx 

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

"Helios EVO" for my current rig. Previously the name for my name rig has been "Helios", and "Helios X".

Planning to build a silent storage service and media PC named "Nighthawk"

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Dude is my main PC, grandpa is my old laptop XD.

example: Dude, how is it possible that I get only 55 fps in Skyrim???

Yes, you can see mine in my signature (the underlined and bold text at the top). 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

My laptop is called Jeff and my iPad Pro is called Goeff. 

I used to name my computers after characters from our national epic, Kalevala, for example my main system was for the longest time called Ilmarinen. Servers for some reason have had a more casual and less consistent naming scheme, current one being named after a sword from a epic I wrote myself some years ago. Meanwhile my Macbook is called Talviomena (translates to Winterapple), phone's Elith, and main PC has been Mila IIRC ever since I switched to AMD.

I haven't decided if I want to name the ThinkPad I picked up for school only a few days ago, I'll probably just give it some industrial but easy to remember name (along the lines of ThinkPad42, in case I ever need to identify it out loud).

Naming consoles has been a lot harder, I guess they have different kind of soul and since you didn't build them, it's hard to call them anything but what they are (not that there'd really be any reason either, "Xbox 360" is very obvious compared to "Custom PC" or "Desktop 1"). Overall I'm also a little sad I have lost any cohesion with the naming scheme, going with the national epic was easy and unified, but suddenly renaming everything doesn't sound right.

(I switched the name of my server from uppercase first-letter to all lowercase when I reinstalled it yesterday with my first ever RAID, and even that feels a little controversial (it's a name so it should start with a capital, but then again it's network related so maybe not. What a problem!))

Empousai, since most of my builds come from junk from recyclers, dumpster etc. I name them after greek monsters  like the laptop I wrote this reply on.

Empousai was an evil goddess, daughter of Hecate, who spent her evenings drinking the blood of young men while they slept. Over time, she was downgraded from a goddess to an entire species of monster who devoured travelers late at night. A transportation-based vampire is pretty freaky, but the Empousai also had one bronze leg and one goat leg for some reason, which makes them even freakier.

Never really gave a lot of thought as to what to call mine, maybe "The Warrienator", but if you guys have any ideas then feel free to contribute! (profile picture for comparison)warrienator.thumb.jpg.ee43f06591c6ef3b07c90bfa483fbbf1.jpg

First ever Computer was Cordy (I still have it), then there is an Asus Laptop named T2310 later renamed to Hal (I still have it), And my main rig is called 157 (which, obviously, I still have)

† 

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
        In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
        In Flanders fields.

Cry havoc and let slip the Togs of war.  (Signature V3)

If you want me to reply, tag me @Tog Driver, Or quote me.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭13:14

On 9/7/2018 at 8:34 PM, YakityYak said:

nope it does not i only cars and girlfriends lol but yeah never have and probably never will unless i get a 10k pc a name

don't girlfriends already come with names?

† 

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
        In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
        In Flanders fields.

Cry havoc and let slip the Togs of war.  (Signature V3)

If you want me to reply, tag me @Tog Driver, Or quote me.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭13:14

Of course it does. I call it "bob and vagene"

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

On 07/09/2018 at 11:50 PM, DaPhuc said:

Yes. I name it Sum Ting Wong

Wi Too Lo

I name my computers after some interesting element of the machine, but with the letter W in front.  This desktop machine I'm using has a Skylake 6700K in it so it got called "WAKE".  When I built a new machine for Windows 8 several years back, it got called "WEIGHT".  The Surface Pro 2 was "WURFACE2".  The old Macbook was "WACBOOK".  ("The M is upside-down"). 

i have a few with names, "liquid snake" is an x99 KRAIT based wall mounted build with a custom loop.