Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Herman Mcpootis

Ignored user still showing up on notifications

I think you won't get notifications once the next update releases here (hopefully this month, but that's not certain). If you're still having issues after that, please report it again.

Posted · Original PosterOP

So i've ignored this user for a couple of months now, but he still shows up in my notifications list when he quotes any of my posts. All the options in the ignore settings have been selected, but i still receive the notification. However, his posts all show the standard 'ignored' message correctly. Not sure if this affects other users that i've ignored.

Spoiler

Untitled.thumb.jpg.0943892cd066246119719c6dd02dca4c.jpg

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700@3.8Ghz Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Zotac GTX 1070ti Mini RAM: Qidian DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: MSI X370 Gaming Plus case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Been having this issue since the last big, and completely unnecessary, update.

Seagull eat fish. But fish belong to Mafia. Mafia punch seagull for not respecting Mafia. Seagull say "No, please! I have child!"

Mafia punch seagull with child.

Pyo.

6 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

gets pretty annoying when that same joker you ignored keeps popping up in the one place he's not supposed to show up in :S

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700@3.8Ghz Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Zotac GTX 1070ti Mini RAM: Qidian DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: MSI X370 Gaming Plus case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

5 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

gets pretty annoying when that same joker you ignored keeps popping up in the one place he's not supposed to show up in :S

Actually, it's everyone on the list that hasn't been banned.

Seagull eat fish. But fish belong to Mafia. Mafia punch seagull for not respecting Mafia. Seagull say "No, please! I have child!"

Pyo.

43 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Actually, it's everyone on the list that hasn't been banned.

whelp, so much for the ignore list...

I've added it to my tracker to investigate then report to IPS (it won't be something that I can fix myself though unfortunately).

On 07/09/2018 at 4:14 AM, Drak3 said:

Since Feb 2016 or since a year ago?

Issues like this only get fixed when they get reported, so please report bugs that you come across rather than just complaining that they still exist.

I don't work for Floatplane Media, so any Floatplane comments that I make are my own and may be incorrect or in conflict with the official view.

For Floatplane support, please use the wizard linked in this topic

1 hour ago, Aetheria said:

It doesn't seem like the ignore option hides their threads, either. I just want to hide the serial angsty teenage stuff in off-topic...

mine hides it just fine, it's the notifications that still show up.

6 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

since a year ago?

This one.

6 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Issues like this only get fixed when they get reported, so please report bugs that you come across rather than just complaining that they still exist.

This is the first time I've talked about it. I really don't care about it either, it's slightly annoying at best. IMO, not worth the effort and risk to try to fix this issue on its own.

Pyo.

Actually what would be nice is like if someone you ignored wouldn't be able to reply or react to you.

| Whoosh - The Airplane and Airline Thread |

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Tyler :x 52ever :x
Current Rig:
Spoiler

}} Titania  *December 22, 2017* {{

~Ryzen 7 1700 - Asus TUF B350 - Cryorig H7 - Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 8GB @ 2400MHz - XFX Double Dissipation RX 470 4GB - SanDisk SSDPlus 120GB - Toshiba 1TB HDD (2.5" 5400rpm) - Cooler Master Silencio 352 - LG DVD/CD Drive - EVGA SuperNova G2 550W - Windows 10 Education - Logitech G610 (MX Browns) - Logitech G603 - LG 24MP59HT-P~

Planned Upgrades:

Spoiler

}} R.U.D.I (Rebrand and Mild Refresh of Titania) *On-going 2019* {{

~Ryzen 7 1700 - Asus TUF B350 - Cryorig H7 - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @ 2933MHz - XFX Double Dissipation RX 470 4GB - Samsung 860 Evo 500GB - Seagate 2TB Barracuda HDD - Cooler Master Silencio 352 - LG DVD/CD Drive - EVGA SuperNova G2 550W - Windows 10 Education - Logitech G513 Carbon - Logitech G603~

Posted · Best Answer

I think you won't get notifications once the next update releases here (hopefully this month, but that's not certain). If you're still having issues after that, please report it again.

I don't work for Floatplane Media, so any Floatplane comments that I make are my own and may be incorrect or in conflict with the official view.

On 9/13/2018 at 3:08 AM, colonel_mortis said:

any ideas on when the update is gonna come? it's getting kinda irritating seeing that guy on the notifications list.

6 hours ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

any ideas on when the update is gonna come? it's getting kinda irritating seeing that guy on the notifications list.

Saturday, provisionally.