We're Building a Gaming LAN Center!!

11 hours ago, Velcade said:

PC above looks clean af.  Very cool rendering.  Nice job!

Thanks man! 

17 hours ago, SoloManXD said:

This setup same idea and mine haha 

Construction work is expensive! A sensible man like Linus needs modern design and inexpensive sourced materials.

Some other things to think about:

• Power
    • Use as many separate circuits as is realistically possible.
    • See if you can get to where there’s only two systems per circuit. That’s a ridiculous amount of overkill, but would be worth it.
    • Any lighting should also be on a dedicated circuit.
  • Multiplayer Streaming
    • If this space is meant to be a venue for multiplayer streaming (esports or no), it shouldn't be thought of as “a home stream, but bigger.” At this size, it will have more in common with a Sports/TV Broadcast setup.
    • Broadcast
      • There should be a broadcast team who’s sole focus is on keeping the steam technically good, rather than trying to split their attention between that and performing on camera.
      • At the very least a Director and an Audio Engineer. Having a Technical Director (to run the video switcher) wouldn’t be amiss.
    • Video
      • Duplicate each monitor feed and send them to a video mixer.
      • OR Send all feeds to a video router that ten sends them back to the monitor as well as sending to the mixer.
    • Audio
      • Send all audio feeds (computers, headsets, room mics, etc.) through a sound mixer. It would control the mix for the steam, as well as sending headset chatter back to each headset.
      • Explore Dante Via as the method to do this; audio over IP is great, and you could still pipe system audio to a local DAC.
      • The sound engineer should be in a ISO booth so they aren’t trying to mix in the noisy LAN room.

Linus MAKE A RADIATOR WALL, that way there will be no noise whatsoever and no fans

10 hours ago, Madhven01 said:

Linus MAKE A RADIATOR WALL, that way there will be no noise whatsoever and no fans

You have to have some sort of heat convexion or the radiators will only become heat storage. Having a wall of radiators and some 400mm fans could do a good job of heat dissipation tho and have a minimal sound level.

On 9/7/2018 at 2:38 PM, vermicryx said:

Who thought of separate subnets? That's not even plausible.

Can easily do it with VLSM

Can Anybody Link A Virtual Machine while I go download some RAM?

You have to have a really large air contitioning in the room.

Otherwise, if it is really on full load (5000W + 100W*16 (body temperature) = 6600W of heating capacity) the room is going to smelt within minutes.

I got 2 gaming machines in a quite large room at the roof and I got 27 degrees inside when they are running on full load.

In Winter. With -10 degrees celsius outside.

Maybe it is even easier to do a central water cooling, than such a big air conditioning (because humans tend to become sick when being exposed to an Ice Cold Air Flow without sitting there in Winter clothes).

So it could be possible to do one water pipe going behind the gaming rigs with one little pipe attached to the custom water cooler.

So you basicly build in a custom water cooling kit, but instead of connecting it to a cooler, you attach it at the water system.

The water system itself gets it water cooled by an air conditioning unit outside. This would result in 90% of the heat being delivered straight outside and there is no permanent ice cold air flow in the room, where you can get sick.

Am I overkilling with that? Or is it the only way to get that much power stored cosily?

idea: get 16 les pauls and have a clone hero battle.

first person to FC TTFAF, all the Soulless songs (Including both the original Soulless 4 and the unnerfed Soulless 4), AND Truly Soulless (1-4 back to back) wins.

22 hours ago, Andrew4u said:

That model work doesn’t take too much know how. Look up Autodesk Revit

Thanks! doing so now!

3 hours ago, unijab said:

Can easily do it with VLSM

VLSM was created to allow extemely large companies to conserve IP space.  Not needed for LMG.  Also, a LAN Center is for LAN gaming (Layer 2), not for routing gaming (Layer 3).

just found this on steam they now have Steam PC Café Program
Commercial Site License. This allows options like a cache server and other options like analistical data. link https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3303-QWRC-3436.

Also if you were to do a large pc cooling loop use one of these this allows each pc to have a sub loop feeding all of the heat to a main loop. This main loop could vent the heat some were else like the warehouse for exsample. https://www.walmart.com/ip/B3-12A-40-Plate-Stainless-Steel-Heat-Exchanger-with-1-2-Male-NPT-Ports-Copper-Brazed/594353169?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=11660&adid=22222222227111922296&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=233638596185&wl4=pla-386077031756&wl5=9030115&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=117089194&wl11=online&wl12=594353169&wl13=&veh=sem 

yeah diskless system might a big help, those system mainly use wide in internet cafe

On 9/8/2018 at 5:00 PM, SandBoxPro said:

Render1.thumb.png.2a54a237885b18846ee1c67249f35554.png

What Program did you use? 

You should use the following peripherals: Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2, Razer Mamba Tournament Edition, Razer Goliathus Chroma, and use the Razer Kraken Tournament Edition Headset with the base station chroma. Monitors? Use an Asus ROG Swift Monitor.

Hey @Linus Sebastian I saw you playing with that 48 port 10Gbit switch before you had to make Apple content for YouTube. Figured the switch must have something to do with this topic. Hope you get back to making the content you actually like. The business decision is completely understandable. For next year you might try finding someone to do a video on the iPhone that actually enjoys it, and maybe see a spike in views in stead of a dip like last your and probably the flat line this year. 

Will be looking forward to the video on the switch. Do I hear fan spin on that thing? Must have some powerful processing going on then.

No signature found

7 hours ago, RobbinM said:

Hey @Linus Sebastian I saw you playing with that 48 port 10Gbit switch before you had to make Apple content for YouTube. Figured the switch must have something to do with this topic. Hope you get back to making the content you actually like. The business decision is completely understandable. For next year you might try finding someone to do a video on the iPhone that actually enjoys it, and maybe see a spike in views in stead of a dip like last your and probably the flat line this year. 

Will be looking forward to the video on the switch. Do I hear fan spin on that thing? Must have some powerful processing going on then.

A Dell S4048T-on.  Nice switch.  48 10gig copper ports and 6 qsfp+ 40gig ports.  I wonder if Linus will through a few 10gig copper links into a LAG or if he has enough qsfp mods to get a backbone LAG of 80gbps...............apple news had to get in the way of this....(says the network guy xD).

@GabenJr

Saw that Linus was getting the new Dell switch setup to the point for web management, very cool.  One word of caution, don't allow the switch IP address to communicate with the internet.  Best security is to not route that IP (create a management vlan maybe?).  It doesn't matter what the vendor is, built-in webUI's always have known vulnerabilities.

Thanks for your time.

On 09/09/2018 at 1:00 AM, SandBoxPro said:

Render1.thumb.png.2a54a237885b18846ee1c67249f35554.png

Gonna need more RGB! 

I have access to law enforcement training systems that I could get authorized to add to your gaming center! Comes with 200 simulations and 40 games, included zombies, swamp monsters, target games, and a bunch of other different styles. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6.9.2018 at 9:47 PM, sirphobos said:

Haven't posted much here. But, I wanted to give you some thought about what you will potentially need to cool this area. I design hvac systems for a living, and this is just recommendations based off math. This is not taking anything like people load, window load, insulation values, etc into account.

With that said, here are some figures:

1 watt = ~3.41 btu/hr

1 ton of cooling = 12,000 btu/hr

1 ton of cooling = 400cfm of air

Let's say each machine will pull a maximum of 600w from the wall. That means its converting 600w into heat. That is 2046 btu/hr for each machine.

16 machines x 2046 btu/hr = 32736 btu/hr.

Let's estimate the server at 1000w. Thats rougly 3,412 btu/hr.

Heat load for all your machines + server would be 36,148 btu/hr.

You will need roughly 3 tons of cooling capacity for the machines alone! That's not including people, (since people put off heat too) and that is roughly 400 btu/hr per person (so add another 6400btu/hr to your total) and this is not accounting for insulation ( i do not know your R-value there) or windows, or which direction the building is facing, etc.

I would recommend no less than 4 tons (1600 cfm) of cooling capacity for this space. Just food for thought.

its absolutely insane how america keeps having more and more none standard units of measure like freaking tons of cooling.