Inaccessible boot device

that1shyguy

So for about a month I've been trying to figure out why my PC won't boot up. It posts and gets the the windows loading screen then after about 15 second it blue screens telling me "inaccessible boot device" I've tried different SATA cables and ports. I even when as far as to send my drive to a friend to do some testing on it and said everything checked out fine. I'm looking for any other help or input on this. I'm also not sure if it's just a mb issue, drive or an OS issue. Thanks

Sounds like the boot partition/section on the drive got corrupted to me - has happened a few times when I'm building systems and the only fix I've done is a new windows install/clone.

If you have data (documents etc.) you want to keep from it I'd plug it into another computer and copy it off to another drive first and then do a full clean install just for completeness sake.

Good luck!

On 9/4/2018 at 4:41 PM, royalba94 said:

Sounds like the boot partition/section on the drive got corrupted to me - has happened a few times when I'm building systems and the only fix I've done is a new windows install/clone.

If you have data (documents etc.) you want to keep from it I'd plug it into another computer and copy it off to another drive first and then do a full clean install just for completeness sake.

Good luck!

This was exactly what it was! Thank you so much for the input.