144hz and 60hz dual monitor setup

Fyre

So, I plan to get a 144hz monitor, but I already have a 60hz monitor, so I plan to use them both in a dual monitor setup. I only plan to game on the 144hz monitor, but while i'm gaming ill probably use the 60hz monitor for discord or chrome. I was wondering if that would put a lot of strain on my PC, because 2x 1080p monitors is pretty much 4k, even if only 1 monitor is being used for something more demanding like gaming in my case.

Thanks!

Just now, Apex_X said:

So, I plan to get a 144hz monitor, but I already have a 60hz monitor, so I plan to use them both in a dual monitor setup. I only plan to game on the 144hz monitor, but while i'm gaming ill probably use the 60hz monitor for discord or chrome. I was wondering if that would put a lot of strain on my PC, because 2x 1080p monitors is pretty much 4k, even if only 1 monitor is being used for something more demanding like gaming in my case.

Thanks!

1080p = 2073600 pixels. x2 that's 4147200 pixels.

4k = 8294400 pixels. 2 1080p is still half of 4k.

It should be fine.

So I looked it up on google, and on the windows support page it says I can use it as an extended, or duplicate. So if i wanted a game on one monitor and something else on the other which would I use?

8 hours ago, Apex_X said:

So I looked it up on google, and on the windows support page it says I can use it as an extended, or duplicate. So if i wanted a game on one monitor and something else on the other which would I use?

You'd use extend.

Duplicate copies the screen to the other connected display. Extend gives you two separate monitors.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)