help me to find an good monitor please

Melolix

hey guys,

one month ago i bought my PC parts and built it. Now i need a monitor ^^

the problem is i have no idea what is important, that's the reason why i ask you guys.

my PC: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/Gc6CFt

i would like to have 4k and 144hz.

the cost is not that important (but if it is low it's good i think?)

i would be happy when you can help me out.

have a great day

Melolix

my best advice is go to a few stores showrooms see what they have to offer and layout what it absolutely needs to have. 4K, 144hz, multi input, RGB or mood lighting, ect and then go see what you can find. but make sure it has a trial period so you can return it if you don't like it. 

if at first you don't break it you must have followed the directions

If you want 4K and 144Hz then there are only really 2 options I know of:

• Asus ROG SWIFT PG27UQ
  • Acer Predator X27

Both are about as spendy as monitors go but tick all the right boxes - both of these monitors are IPS, 4K resolution, and support 144Hz.

Personally when I look for a monitor the main thing I worry about is that it's an IPS panel as the colors and viewing angles are so much better than TN in my opinion. Other than that a nice adjustable stand and/or smaller bezels is always good but less important imo.

5 minutes ago, royalba94 said:
  • Asus ROG SWIFT PG27UQ

Good choice.

Although if you're willing to sacrifice the 4K you could go a step down and go for the PG279Q. Saves a lot of money for the sake of it.

Current Build:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 // Mobo: Ryzen AM4 B350 GAMING PLUS ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz // GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 580 Gaming 8GB // SSD: Kingston A400 120GB // HDD: 3 x WD Blue 1TB // PSUCorsair 650M // Case: Corsair 450D // Monitor: LG Ultrawide 29" IPS

Plex Server:

CPU: AMD FX 8350 Black Edition // Mobo: Gigabyte - GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 Micro ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz // GPU: GeForce GTX 670 // HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 2TB // PSU: Kolink Core Series 500W 80 Plus Certified // Case: AVP Viper Mini Tower

Other:

PS4 Pro // PS3 // Nintendo Switch (Pokemon edition) // Nintendo 3DS // Xbox 360 // iPhone 8 Plus // Macbook Retina 2013