Unable to connect to hyper v hosts through hyper v manger

jnic

so i have a a bare bone hyper v server running and i can connect to it though hyper v manger, once i right click a VM and hit connect if its off it will connect and i can start it, once it stats it wont let me connect to the console, it will show me the preview in the details 

image.png.6ba2e7304cd192d3445e43a79fbaa11d.png

image.png.b0f5f11956712869a536f6d0fe29ca90.png

Probably something to do with your "broken" domain you mentioned in the previous thread. Since you're using a hosts entry, it seems you aren't using your domains DNS so even if its joined you arent authorised to it. Run Hyper-V manager as another user, and use your Hyper-V hosts local administrator credentials to launch and connect to the host. 

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO | 12 x 8TB HGST Ultrastar He10 (WD Whitelabel) | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

8 hours ago, Jarsky said:

Probably something to do with your "broken" domain you mentioned in the previous thread. Since you're using a hosts entry, it seems you aren't using your domains DNS so even if its joined you arent authorised to it

i was able to start my server 2016 machine so, it should be using its DNS since i added its DNS server to my PC

8 hours ago, Jarsky said:

use your Hyper-V hosts local administrator credentials to launch and connect to the host. 

and when i use "wsman\administrator" its the same as with my domain admin account 

when tying to connect with that "hyperv-server\administrator" account i get this

image.png.b4cf4f54ab8cd758c14d11bcaa2fc61a.png

10 hours ago, jnic said:

You need to setup trusted hosts, among other things. Unless your using a domain, setting up a stand alone hyper-v Server is a bitch.

see:

https://serverfault.com/questions/852144/how-do-i-remotely-manage-hyper-v-2016-standalone-via-windows-10

There used to be a script that you ran on the client and the host that did everything for you, but that was for 2012, not r2 or 2016

6 hours ago, Blake said:

You need to setup trusted hosts, among other things. Unless your using a domain, setting up a stand alone hyper-v Server is a bitch.

see:

https://serverfault.com/questions/852144/how-do-i-remotely-manage-hyper-v-2016-standalone-via-windows-10

There used to be a script that you ran on the client and the host that did everything for you, but that was for 2012, not r2 or 2016

i am using a domain , someone mentioned there where some patches that may fix the problem some im going to look at getting those 

2 hours ago, jnic said:

i am using a domain , someone mentioned there where some patches that may fix the problem some im going to look at getting those 

I just setup a Hyper-V host, definitely a lot easier if you join the Hyper-V host to the domain. Your admin workstation and the Hyper-V host both should be using your DC as their primary DNS - no need for hosts entry.

Also your screen shot says permission errors.

image.png.b4cf4f54ab8cd758c14d11bcaa2fc61a.png

6 hours ago, Mikensan said:

Also your screen shot says permission errors.

yes when trying to login with the local admin account on the machine i get that error

6 hours ago, Mikensan said:

Your admin workstation and the Hyper-V host both should be using your DC as their primary DNS

they are 

6 hours ago, jnic said:

yes when trying to login with the local admin account on the machine i get that error

Okay, try runing “MOFCOMP %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsVirtualization.V2.mof” on the Hyper-V server only.

Make sure your have correct user rights assigned to your domain account (try using domain admin creds, to be sure).

Lastly, go look in the Event log, you should be able to do it from power shell, or via the GUI. This will tell you the right path to look down, i.e. NETLOGON errors or Security Audit Failures (if configured).

15 hours ago, jnic said:

they are 

Something is not working if you had to create a hosts entry. When managing your hyper-v you should be using your domain admin account, no local accounts. If you want to use a local account it is a whole ordeal to get it to work remotely.

On 04/09/2018 at 10:07 PM, jnic said:

they are 

You need to login using the domain admin. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

On 9/6/2018 at 2:53 AM, Abdul201588 said:

You need to login using the domain admin. 

i am, i am able to connect to it in hyper v, but when i try to connect to the counsel of a machine.

On 9/4/2018 at 10:33 PM, Blake said:

Okay, try runing “MOFCOMP %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsVirtualization.V2.mof” on the Hyper-V server only.

it didn't help

On 9/5/2018 at 8:03 AM, Mikensan said:

Something is not working if you had to create a hosts entry

i originally did that because my DC's where acting up, but they are fine now as far as DNS

jnic

I got the same issue when i tried to do it on my server and used all these all this commands..

Error When Adding server to server manager winrm authentication
set-item wsman:\localhost\client\trustedhosts (hyper-v host) -concatenate -force   (note:hyper-v host=ComputerName) no brakets

Powershell:host-Windows 10 and 2016
1.On the Hyper-V host to be manage, open a Windows PowerShell session as Administrator.

Run each commands for CreSSP:
    a.Enable-WSManCredSSP -Role server
    b.Set-Item WSMan:\localhost\Client\TrustedHosts -Value "fqdn-of-hyper-v-host"
    c.Enable-WSManCredSSP -Role client -DelegateComputer "fqdn-of-hyper-v-host"

for opening ports firewall:

Enable-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName "Remote Desktop - User Mode (TCP-In)"
Enable-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName "Remote Desktop - User Mode (UDP-In)"

On Domain Server:

dcom problem connection:Client

type
x:/>cscript hvremote.wsf /anondcom:grant  (X:/is you Usb )

on the hyper-v host
Enable-NetFirewallRule displayname "*"

9 minutes ago, MJamesArc said:

jnic

I got the same issue when i tried to do it on my server and used all these all this commands..

Error When Adding server to server manager winrm authentication
set-item wsman:\localhost\client\trustedhosts (hyper-v host) -concatenate -force   (note:hyper-v host=ComputerName) no brakets

Powershell:host-Windows 10 and 2016
1.On the Hyper-V host to be manage, open a Windows PowerShell session as Administrator.

Run each commands for CreSSP:
    a.Enable-WSManCredSSP -Role server
    b.Set-Item WSMan:\localhost\Client\TrustedHosts -Value "fqdn-of-hyper-v-host"
    c.Enable-WSManCredSSP -Role client -DelegateComputer "fqdn-of-hyper-v-host"

for opening ports firewall:

Enable-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName "Remote Desktop - User Mode (TCP-In)"
Enable-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName "Remote Desktop - User Mode (UDP-In)"

On Domain Server:

dcom problem connection:Client

type
x:/>cscript hvremote.wsf /anondcom:grant  (X:/is you Usb )

on the hyper-v host
Enable-NetFirewallRule displayname "*"

just tried those cmds none seamed to work, i might just have to try reinstalling it, its just really annoying that i can connect and do everything but view the console.