Are the keys you get from ebay legit?

As many of you already know, there are license keys of microsoft windows being sold in ebay for a cheap price. Though majority of those keys have really good reviews and testimonials to it being really legit and original, I just can't help to think and doubt about it hahaha. Aren't those just cracked keys that would just let you get past the "key requirement" stage of the os installation but can't update later on? Have anyone of you already tried it?

Reconciling Physics and Poetry

Do they work. Normally.

Are they legit keys? Nomrally no. These are normally greymarket vl keys and will often deactivate over time.

You can install windows without a key. Basically anyversion can do this, there is either a option for it, or use a generic vl key that is just a temp key for a install.

Not having activated windows will just disable customization and have a watermark. All programs and updates will work fine.

12 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Do they work. Normally.

Are they legit keys? Nomrally no. These are normally greymarket vl keys and will often deactivate over time.

You can install windows without a key. Basically anyversion can do this, there is either a option for it, or use a generic vl key that is just a temp key for a install.

Not having activated windows will just disable customization and have a watermark. All programs and updates will work fine.

Oh you mean these keys are just like those of pirated windows os?

1 minute ago, jrsaninipot said:

Oh you mean these keys are just like those of pirated windows os?

Huh? Its different than pirated windows.

Id would stay away from cheap keys though. If you want windows either run it unactavated or pay for the key for the full price.

7 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Huh? Its different than pirated windows.

Id would stay away from cheap keys though. If you want windows either run it unactavated or pay for the key for the full price.

Thanks!!! 

Back in March or so I bought a pair of Win7 Ultimate keys for a fiver each.  A month later (I was waiting for TPM modules for my rigs) I tried using them and both were revoked.  The seller provided 2 new ones, and one of those was revoked last week.  The other one still works ... for now.

9 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

Back in March or so I bought a pair of Win7 Ultimate keys for a fiver each.  A month later (I was waiting for TPM modules for my rigs) I tried using them and both were revoked.  The seller provided 2 new ones, and one of those was revoked last week.  The other one still works ... for now.

By revoked you mean it's deactivated? if that happens would you still be able to use your system?

On 3.9.2018 at 2:55 AM, Electronics Wizardy said:

Huh? Its different than pirated windows

Well, they are different by definition. But in the end you are stealing from Microsoft in both cases.

12 hours ago, jrsaninipot said:

By revoked you mean it's deactivated? if that happens would you still be able to use your system?

OS will deactivate and continue working as if you never inserted any license key.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I have a freind who has used a key he got off ebay for the last year or so. So i guess its more random if it fails or not. in the gran scheme of things its probably cheaper to get a ebay key once everyone year or half year then buy windows but thats my opinion.

CPU:R9 3900x@4.5Ghz RAM:Vengeance Pro LPX @ 3200mhz MOBO:MSI Tomohawk B350 GPU:PNY GTX 1080 XLR8

DRIVES:500GB Samsung 970 Pro + Patriot Blast 480GB x2 + 12tb RAID10 NAS

MONITORS:Pixio PX329 32inch 1440p 165hz, LG 34UM68-p 1080p 75hz

• 3 weeks later...