Why does Linus Pirate Windows??

CPotter
On 2/9/2018 at 7:41 PM, Streetguru said:

Shouldn't buy windows 10 because they offer little control over the OS, fill it with spyware and ads, and still haven't made it as good as windows 7.

Why do people love to talk about something they know nothing about? How do I hate people who have 0 knowledge about software and say bs about OS in forums.

4 minutes ago, GyrosPizzeria said:

Why do people love to talk about something they know nothing about? How do I hate people who have 0 knowledge about software and say bs about OS in forums.

Can't disable updates or windows defender easily, OS spies on you sending data to microsoft, start menu has ads, what's wrong with any of that?

Also the default photo viewer is worse than the one in windows 7, minor though.
5b8e268a9d2e2_Start1.png.abacb8de62c009b0f5a13cf58b3a4355.png

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

17 hours ago, Sfekke said:

Mac's are more expensive, but no Windows laptop (ASUS/HP/MSI) lasted me as long as my Mid 2013 MacBook Air 11" base.

That thing still works, granted I passed it down to my grandmother in favor of the Early 2015 MacBook Air, 13" base.

macOS is a big leap for some, but I didn't find it much of an issue; still switching between the Windows & macOS daily to this day.

I've tweaked both to my liking, and only Windows so far keeps trying to undo that.

Yes Explorer I'm looking at you pinning worthless crap like Onedrive & 3D Objects only removable through a simple registry fix .. still why?

Hey hardware that's going to be obsolete in a few years but lasts forever, So useful! Let's all buy apple overpriced products! By the way, if you want something like that with windows you have the thinkpad laptops. I bought one in 2005 and it still works.

Brother you can just use an activation software like KMS auto net portable and the make ghost of windows. Then even you change graphics card or whole system except the Hard Drive on which ghost is present. The system will be activated. Then you wouldn't have to go to the hassle of installing windows also by some means your windows is corrupted. You could recover it in a matter of couple of minutes

On 9/2/2018 at 11:07 PM, kirashi said:

Correct - by design there is a 30 day grace period built into Windows

I don't get 30 days.  When i'm putting together any machine (usually older, cheaper hardware) Everytime I click 'Don't have a product key' I NEVER sign in on my MS account on it and I ALWAYS get the watermark from the get go.  If I'm selling the computer on I just slap an ebay key on it before shipping.  But i'll always get the watermark from the off

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

13 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

Why does Linus clickbait?

for views

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

23 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

Why does Linus clickbait?

Same reason anyone clickbaits

No I think the team are subversively mocking the uninitiated that instantly assume an inactivated copy of Windows is a pirated copy of Windows.  While the initiated all know that a pirate of Windows would have fucked that little watermark off as their first priority

Well it's not exactly pirated well if windows complains about not being activated but hey, it does have a lot of views so there's that i guess...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

9 hours ago, GyrosPizzeria said:

Hey hardware that's going to be obsolete in a few years but lasts forever, So useful! Let's all buy apple overpriced products! By the way, if you want something like that with windows you have the thinkpad laptops. I bought one in 2005 and it still works.

Excuse me? I'm not saying we should all buy Mac's, far from!

Thinkpads where amazing, not sure about their recent quality & longevity; haven't used a recent on in like forever.

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

3 hours ago, Tushar7475 said:

Brother you can just use an activation software like KMS auto net portable and the make ghost of windows. Then even you change graphics card or whole system except the Hard Drive on which ghost is present. The system will be activated. Then you wouldn't have to go to the hassle of installing windows also by some means your windows is corrupted. You could recover it in a matter of couple of minutes

that's piracy dude.

8 hours ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

I don't get 30 days.  When i'm putting together any machine (usually older, cheaper hardware) Everytime I click 'Don't have a product key' I NEVER sign in on my MS account on it and I ALWAYS get the watermark from the get go.  If I'm selling the computer on I just slap an ebay key on it before shipping.  But i'll always get the watermark from the off

Correct - I've updated my post to reflect that newer Windows from 8 onward don't have this 30 day grace period anymore.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Just now, kirashi said:

Correct - I've updated my post to reflect that newer Windows from 8 onward don't have this 30 day grace period anymore.

You're welcome

Linus solved the problem of Windows activation in YouTube?This is a post about Windows activation,I apologize for all of you,butI hope Linus can make a video about RTX2080.

Linus-

Why not just grow your business and reach out to a Microsoft Partner i.e. CDW or Dell and start a Microsoft Volume Licensing account and purchase all of your licensing through them and manage it through the Microsoft Volume Licensing Center. Depending on the VL agreement you will get a KMS key. You can also use this service to activate Office as well. It is rather easy to spin up a windows server VM, install the Volume Activation Managment Tool, which is free by the way, add the KMS key and activate your machines. This is also dependant on your machines being on a domain, which if I remember from a video posted from a LONG time ago you said that you were still running on a Workgroup... If that is the case it may be time to look into building out a domain structure and managing it. Once the initial setup is done and users and machines are migrated over then it is rather easy to manage. I managed the switch of a medium size university from Novell to a Windows Domain that I built. Granted it took two months to move all the users and machines 7000 machines over but a small office like yours should take no longer than a weekend. On a second note, I have gone through a couple of Microsoft Audits, both remote and one on site. They are not fun, a huge time suck and can end up costing thousand or hundreds of thousands depending on the infractions. So just having a giant pile of licenses won't cut it... you need to provide proof of purchase for every license you have consumed. They also might cut off licensing your products which did happen to a company that I worked for, granted it was not with Microsoft but Adobe. They were banned from purchasing and activating Adobe Products for a year.  Overall reach out to a partner and get this license situation under control. P.S. Hire a real system administrator, it will save you a lot of headaches in the future. Your business may depend on it!

• 5 months later...

Who gives a frik that Linus didn't activate the computer. Its his own computer and can do whatever he wants with it.

Leave Linus alone to do his job.

• 5 months later...

Do you know you can use the same key over and over again?