Petition for Linus to return the Chevy Volt

mikedrewsmy

Dear @LinusTech

Please return the Chevy Volt and get the latest Honda Insight instead.
Paint it pink with green racing stripes and also an orange rim.
That color and the original Lambo embodies the spirit of LMG.
And also please contact me in the future for a great looking thumbnail for your youtube video.
See my photoshop skills.

AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DONT DESTROY THE LAMBO. PUT IT ON THE ROOF OF LMG OR SOMETHING.

lambo2.png

So You Wanna Be A Playa, But Your Rig's Ain't Fly,
You Gotta Hit Us Up, To Get A Pimped Out Rig,

You've Got To Pimp My Riggggggg...  (DAMN RIGHT)

The volt is an excellent car. No complaints here. 

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

The Volt is awesome. It's better than all the other plugin hybrids because if you floor it, the engine will not come on. All the others the electric motor is not strong enough by itself to provide full power. 

And he can geek out by plugging in an OBD2 bluetooth dongle and use the MyGreenVolt app to look at data. 

The fact that the motor hasn't fallen out means that this Volt is special. He should keep it for a year and then sell it as a rare collector's item.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Yeah I agree, Linus needs some good ol' MURICAN muscle the Dodge Demon

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

3 minutes ago, themaniac said:

Yeah I agree, Linus needs some good ol' MURICAN muscle the Dodge Demon

Nah, a RAM 2500 6.7L Cummins is far better.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

Nah, a RAM 2500 6.7L Cummins is far better.

You raise a good option but I give you one better a Dodge RAM TRX(don't care if its a while before its put, its a T Rex, its obviously the best) with a Dodge Demon engine Swap

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

Just now, themaniac said:

You raise a good option but I give you one better a Dodge RAM TRX(don't care if its a while before its put, its a T Rex, its obviously the best) with a Dodge Demon engine Swap

Gassers are worse than Diesel beasts. The acceleration curve of the 2500 is one of the best experiences on the planet.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

14 hours ago, mikedrewsmy said:

Dear @LinusTech

Please return the Chevy Volt and get the latest Honda Insight instead.

Paint it pink with green racing stripes and also an orange rim.

That color and the original Lambo embodies the spirit of LMG.

And also please contact me in the future for a great looking thumbnail for your youtube video.

See my photoshop skills.

lambo2.png

@LinusTech buy another civic :D

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Current Rig (Dominator II): 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3133 C15, AMD Ryzen 3 1200 at 4GHz, Coolermaster MasterLiquid Lite 120, ASRock B450M Pro4, AMD R9 280X, 120GB TCSunBow SSD, 3TB Seagate ST3000DM001-9YN166 HSD, Corsair CX750M Grey Label, Windows 10 Pro, 2x CoolerMaster MasterFan Pro 120, Thermaltake Versa H18 Tempered Glass.

Previous Rig (Black Magic): 8GB DDR3 1600, AMD FX6300 OC'd to 4.5GHz, Zalman CNPS5X Performa, Asus M5A78L-M PLUS /USB3, GTX 950 SC (former, it blew my PCIe lane so now on mobo graphics which is Radeon HD 3000 Series), 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 7200RPM HDD, 3TB Seagate ST3000DM001-9YN166 HDD (secondary), Corsair CX750M, Windows 8.1 Pro, 2x 120mm Red LED fans, Deepcool SMARTER case

My secondary rig (The Oldie): 4GB DDR2 800, Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3GHz, Stock Dell Cooler, Foxconn 0RY007, AMD Radeon HD 5450, 250GB Samsung Spinpoint 7200RPM HDD, Antec HCG 400M 400W Semi Modular PSU, Windows 8.1 Pro, 80mm Cooler Master fan, Dell Inspiron 530 Case modded for better cable management. UPDATE: SPECS UPGRADED DUE TO CASEMOD, 8GB DDR2 800, AMD Phenom X4 9650, Zalman CNPS5X Performa, Biostar GF8200C M2+, AMD Radeon HD 7450 GDDR5 edition, Samsung Spinpoint 250GB 7200RPM HDD, Antec HCG 400M 400W Semi Modular PSU, Windows 8.1 Pro, 80mm Cooler Master fan, Dell Inspiron 530 Case modded for better cable management and support for non Dell boards.

Retired/Dead Rigs: The OG (retired) (First ever PC I used at 3 years old back in 2005) Current Specs: 2GB DDR2, Pentium M 770 @ 2.13GHz, 60GB IDE laptop HDD, ZorinOS 12 Ultimate x86. Originally 512mb DDR2, Pentium M 740 @ 1.73GHzm 60GB IDE laptop HDD and single boot XP Pro. The Craptop (dead), 2gb DDR3, Celeron n2840 @ 2.1GHz, 50GB eMMC chip, Windows 10 Pro. Nightrider (dead and cannibalized for Dominator II): Ryzen 3 1200, Gigabyte A320M HD2, 8GB DDR4, XFX Ghost Core Radeon HD 7770, 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 (2010), 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Corsair CX750M Green, Deepcool SMARTER, Windows 10 Home.

Gassers are worse than Diesel beasts. The acceleration curve of the 2500 is one of the best experiences on the planet.

but 808hp, also HEMI best

wait, maybe dodge can make a Diesel HEMI, that would be the greatest

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Drak3 said:

The fact that the motor hasn't fallen out means that this Volt is special. He should keep it for a year and then sell it as a rare collector's item.

I can't wait for him to start having random electronics problems.

GM vehicles are notorious for idiotic electrical systems malfunctions.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

1 minute ago, Trik'Stari said:

I can't wait for him to start having random electronics problems.

GM vehicles are notorious for idiotic electrical systems malfunctions.

I wouldn't want that to happen to him despite how much i prefer the Insight over the Volt.

So You Wanna Be A Playa, But Your Rig's Ain't Fly,
You Gotta Hit Us Up, To Get A Pimped Out Rig,

You've Got To Pimp My Riggggggg...  (DAMN RIGHT)

1 minute ago, mikedrewsmy said:

I wouldn't want that to happen to him despite how much i prefer the Insight over the Volt.

It's a GM product.

Random, senseless electrical problems are almost guaranteed. Probably once it gets between 90,000-110,000 miles on the odometer.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Honda's are even worse than chevy for electric cars.

3 hours ago, danwat1234 said:

The Volt is awesome. It's better than all the other plugin hybrids because if you floor it, the engine will not come on. All the others the electric motor is not strong enough by itself to provide full power. 

And he can geek out by plugging in an OBD2 bluetooth dongle and use the MyGreenVolt app to look at data. 

Yep, the Volt is fun.

When I was at Travis AFB, they had a few in the fleet.  Those things are a blast on the freeway.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

3 hours ago, Drak3 said:

Um what xD Care to link proof to that claim.

I know GMC makes bad quality vehicles, but I don't expect things to fall off of it w/o at least hitting 100 potholes...

Just now, Egg-Roll said:

Um what xD Care to link proof to that claim.

I know GMC makes bad quality vehicles, but I don't expect things to fall off of it w/o at least hitting 100 potholes...

It's a joke.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Guys, the Volt is reliable. I have 147K on my 2013, it works great. About 70K on shore power. Battery is very healthy still. I can tell it is when I floor it and the Voltage dips only about 35V or so.
The guy with the most miles is Erick Belmer with ~450,000 miles on his 2012. He has gone through some wheel bearings, maybe a transmission if I remember correctly but that was at over 250K miles, and just recently can't charge because the charge port finally wore out after charging 3x a day every day. The battery on his has around 4000 charge cycles from ~20% to 85%, that is approximately the SOC range that it allows. At that point there is significant wear to the battery but he still gets 30 miles per charge and then gas after that.

The battery in a Volt will last longer than fully electric vehicles because it doesn't charge the battery cells all the way nor discharge anywhere near 0%, and liquid cooled and heated. In other EVs u can manually do this (unplug before full) but it's a pain. Only the Tesla S/X maybe the 3 can you set the % range as you want. 

The lock/unlock buttons on the door handles can wear out eventually but no big deal. 

It's a joke.

A plausible joke... My experience with GM products has been far from good... 3 cars 2 models all purchased at the same time 2 variants of 1 model. Longest lasting? A Aveo with a 2nd engine about 150,000km and 8 years...

Making the "lambo" a legend among the community is a good idea I think. Though the idea to shoot it and or run it over with a tank was already done by Matt from Demolition Ranch when he destroyed his old truck.

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

that timing, this video came out yesterday as well @LinusTech

and the part that matters, the sound is better;)

Looks like someone beat Linus to it 

:3

DO. NOT. KILL. THE. LAMBO.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer