reassigning keys on keyboard

Winbean

How can I reassign the (num lock) key to the letter (A key) and keep (num locked on) at the same time.

My reason is, I have a handicap and I like to keep it for gaming, with other games like Doom which don't even recognize (num lock) key.

this is my main keyboard layout for the battlefield games:ph34r:

5b887120e8caf_logitech-g15-gaming-keyboard-2007bf1942-Copy.jpg.5f94415fbb9fa309397dfee9cf7ff8cc.jpg.

Use a software called AutoHotKey - should let you do all the things you need.

If you want this as a permanent change, SharpKeys will do this easily, just change num lock to A and num lock to a useless key of your choice so you can still enable it when needed.

26 minutes ago, Netivity said:

Use a software called AutoHotKey - should let you do all the things you need.

Looks complicated but I'm going to look into.

21 minutes ago, Cookybiscuit said:

If you want this as a permanent change, SharpKeys will do this easily, just change num lock to A and num lock to a useless key of your choice so you can still enable it when needed.

I tried that software doesn't work on games like doom for some reason the game does seems not recognize the button is even there.

Thank you for your reply.

looking forward to seeing more solutions :ph34r: please.

20 hours ago, Winbean said:

Looks complicated but I'm going to look into.

It looks a lot more complicated than it really is. If you give me some examples on what keyboards you want to do what I can give you some example codes.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

21 hours ago, Winbean said:

I tried that software doesn't work on games like doom for some reason the game does seems not recognize the button is even there.

I have no idea why then, that program writes the changes to the Windows registry, software doesn't get any say in if or not it wants to ignore it.

On 8/31/2018 at 3:16 PM, Minibois said:

t looks a lot more complicated than it really is. If you give , some examples on what keyboards you want to do what I can give you some example codes

hey yeah I have finally figured out it is easy once you find out what to type in and I like it it really works, it really works.

Thanks for the reply.

On 8/31/2018 at 3:32 PM, Cookybiscuit said:

I have no idea why then, that program writes the changes to the Windows registry, software doesn't get any say in if or not it wants to ignore it.

Yeah I use this "SharpKeys" and I used "keytweak"  and I literally went to the registry and manually set it but, still nothing and I've been with this problem for a long time and every game has a same  reaction to these softwares, now this "AutoHotKey" actually work but the problem is you have to find the code to type it in which is not hard I just had to look for and is misleading in games but it works. 

Thanks for the reply.

hey keep putting more options here on the post.

right now i'm trying to test this (AutoHotKey) on  (arma 3) and I do see some issues.

Thanks