Monitor's USB 3.0 Hub Crashes High Sierra

I am the proud owner of a dual-boot MacOS and Windows system, and I recently got a new monitor. It's a Lenovo Y27G, and even though it has been panned as having horrible value, I bought it because the price dropped to half MSRP. Anyway, it's got all the bells and whistles. Among them is a 3-port USB 3.0 hub. Sick, right? Never had one on a monitor, so I was excited. I plugged my mouse, keyboard, and webcam into it and was ready to rock n' roll. I said, "Let's gooooo!" and fired her up, only to crash 20 seconds after boot. Boo.

I think I saw something about MacOS having a hard cap of USB ports, but FR? a crash?

If there's any way I can fix this, I'd love to be able to do so.

It works just fine in Windows, so it's software, and it's MacOS's fault.

EDIT: I forgot to attach the crash report. It's attached now.

Also, the hub crashed my system only when it's plugged in during startup, with or without devices connected to it.

MacOS USB Hub Crash Report.rtf

EDIT 2: Apparently it was the USB port it was plugged into. MacOS must have beef with USB 3.1. The 3.0 port works fine. Case closed, ig. lol

I have no idea why though. Perhaps someone could shed some light...

Edited by evanfisha
Attached crash report, updated crash criteria, posted solution

It crashes because that thing is a hackingtosh. What do you expect? If you want usability and stability, don't install unsanctioned operating system unless you actually know what you are doing. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2018 at 6:17 PM, wasab said:

It crashes because that thing is a hackingtosh. What do you expect? If you want usability and stability, don't install unsanctioned operating system unless you actually know what you are doing. 

I do know what I’m doing, but I don’t know everything. MacOS works beautifully for me in all aspects except this. I asked this forum to figure out what I can do to fix a problem I have. If your nipples are in a twist because you’re getting an Apple-fanboy vibe from me, you can rest assured because I’m very much a Windows guy. I just built a dual-boot system because I love the tinkering.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, as soon as I saw that you were running MacOS on a Lenovo I totally thought "what does this dude expect"