Favorite Nintendo Franchise

TacoSenpai

Favorite Ninty Franchise?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What is your Favorite Ninty Franchise?

• Mario
    • Zelda
    • Metroid
    • Pokemon
    • Fire Emblem
    • Donkey Kong
    • Super Smash Bros
    • Star Fox
    • Yoshi
    • Kirby
    • F-Zero
    • Other (comments)
    • Mario Kart

1 minute ago, ARikozuM said:

Fire Emblem before Pokemon? What??? I bet you’ve never tried baby pokemon only.

Hide contents

Or maybe you’ve only played FE after Sacred Stones... Who knows.

I've played every generation of pokemon o_o my first video game ever was a grape gameboy color with lemmings...i traded the lemmings for pokemon blue.. since then squirtle and i subjugated douchebag and his venasuar. In fire Emblem the Sacred stones... when Ross became a Hero... he alone thwarted villainy of that asshole guy who i don't remember. To be honest i have a pokemon game on every handheld that i loved and ive been to every league however i hate the fire emblem on DS and Wii but then there was fire emblem echoes... Celica and her Dreadfighters paved my way to glory! it was sooo fun with the voice acting and the emotions... raw savagery of ALM when he *spoilers*... omg... 

Bolivia.

31 minutes ago, SupremeGOAT said:

Fire Emblem then Pokemon Then mario Kart then smash then breath of the wild only...all other zeldas suck... fight me...

I'm a Fire Emblem guy myself but I must say Zelda MM > All ;)

6 minutes ago, SupremeGOAT said:

I've played every generation of pokemon o_o my first video game ever was a grape gameboy color with lemmings...i traded the lemmings for pokemon blue.. since then squirtle and i subjugated douchebag and his venasuar. In fire Emblem the Sacred stones... when Ross became a Hero... he alone thwarted villainy of that asshole guy who i don't remember. To be honest i have a pokemon game on every handheld that i loved and ive been to every league however i hate the fire emblem on DS and Wii but then there was fire emblem echoes... Celica and her Dreadfighters paved my way to glory! it was sooo fun with the voice acting and the emotions... raw savagery of ALM when he *spoilers*... omg... 

Fire Emblem on DS was when they remastered the first game on NES.  Only reason I really played and got it was to play as Marth which was admittedly fun but yeah it is kinda lackluster compared to the other titles.  Alm is always a savage though my fav is my dude Ike...he fights for his friends. 

7 minutes ago, LordOTaco said:

I'm a Fire Emblem guy myself but I must say Zelda MM > All ;)

Fire Emblem on DS was when they remastered the first game on NES.  Only reason I really played and got it was to play as Marth which was admittedly fun but yeah it is kinda lackluster compared to the other titles.  Alm is always a savage though my fav is my dude Ike...he fights for his friends. 

Bro i dont know... Marth seems like the type of dude you leave home with the kids... I'd rather have Roy! son of Eliwood! on the field of battle than waaaa im marth~. Ike too gangsta avenging his father... everyone is cool except for marth... Ryoma OP Xander with HONOR!

Bolivia.

2 minutes ago, SupremeGOAT said:

Bro i dont know... Marth seems like the type of dude you leave home with the kids... I'd rather have Roy! son of Eliwood! on the field of battle than waaaa im marth~. Ike too gangsta avenging his father... everyone is cool except for marth... Ryoma OP Xander with HONOR!

Ike lifts end of story bro.  Ryoma and Xander are pretty based too gotta respect that.  I have no opinion one way or another about Roy or Eliwood though i always enjoyed Roy more than Marth in melee 

14 minutes ago, LordOTaco said:

Fire Emblem

Tell you sumn... Top 10 Fire Emblem Characters

1. Ike
  2. Ryoma
  3. Roy
  4. Ross
  5. Alm
  6. Lucina
  7. Xander
  8. Nephenee
  9. Mia
  10. Celica

And most of them are tied for number 1. I listed them because i had to but these are undisputed and there are more too...

WORST FIRE EMBLEM CHARACTERS

1. Marth
  2. Foleo
  3. Evil Soldier Number 3
  4. Evil Soldier Number 4
  5. ...

Bolivia.

3 hours ago, LordOTaco said:

New Super Mario Bros was also on the DS initially and cheaper and easier to get with a massive install base.  Though yeah I think as far as 3D Mario's go Odyssey is going to at least match Mario 64. 

I've really gotten excited for the Switch I think it honestly has a long lifespan with a refresh mid cycle with improved storage and battery life.  I mean say what you want about Nintendo and their console support but they tend to support their mobiles very well.  I mean holy crap the 3DS was initially released in March of 2011 and were almost approaching the 10 year mark and a few titles are still getting made for it all AFTER the Switch was released.  I think the 3DS title wise will be done by 2020 but will still have tech support for a couple years after that.  Given that the Switch is a more powerful system with the ability to be docked seamlessly at home I see it having a long lifespan. 

Every Nintendo portable has been great. Damn I loved my original Game Boy even though I'd want to throw it against the wall while playing Battletoads. I never played a GBA but the library looks pretty strong from what I have seen of it on youtube channels like Metal Jesus Rocks. Then DS is probably the greatest handheld ever made for its time. I still kick myself for buying a PSP instead in that era now that I'm playing some of these amazing DS games on my 3DS. And then the 3DS might be the most underrated console I have played. At least on the New 3DS XL the 3D effect can be pretty impressive in games like Zelda A Link Between Worlds and Mario Kart 7.

I can't wait for the Tokyo Game Show in ten days, mostly for news about games on the Switch. DS and 3DS had so many amazing JRPGs so I'm dying to see when these franchises like Shin Megami Tensei, Bravely, and Fire Emblem are coming to Switch. I know the floodgates are going to have to open eventually. I'm still holding out hope of getting 1080p remasters of Persona 3 FES and Persona 4 also. Could you imagine how well a three pack of Persona 3 FES, Persona 4 Golden, and Persona 5 would sell on Switch? And Switch could easily run P5 since it's really a last gen game made for PS3 and then ported over to PS4.

1 minute ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Every Nintendo portable has been great. Damn I loved my original Game Boy even though I'd want to throw it against the wall while playing Battletoads. I never played a GBA but the library looks pretty strong from what I have seen of it on youtube channels like Metal Jesus Rocks. Then DS is probably the greatest handheld ever made for its time. I still kick myself for buying a PSP instead in that era now that I'm playing some of these amazing DS games on my 3DS. And then the 3DS might be the most underrated console I have played. At least on the New 3DS XL the 3D effect can be pretty impressive in games like Zelda A Link Between Worlds and Mario Kart 7.

I can't wait for the Tokyo Game Show in ten days, mostly for news about games on the Switch. DS and 3DS had so many amazing JRPGs so I'm dying to see when these franchises like Shin Megami Tensei, Bravely, and Fire Emblem are coming to Switch. I know the floodgates are going to have to open eventually. I'm still holding out hope of getting 1080p remasters of Persona 3 FES and Persona 4 also. Could you imagine how well a three pack of Persona 3 FES, Persona 4 Golden, and Persona 5 would sell on Switch? And Switch could easily run P5 since it's really a last gen game made for PS3 and then ported over to PS4.

Jeezz man.  The amount of JRPGs on the Switch if that happened would make it even exceed the SNES days and thats saying something.  I've started Octopath Travelers and its hands down my favorite JRPG within the past 7 years.

13 minutes ago, LordOTaco said:

Jeezz man.  The amount of JRPGs on the Switch if that happened would make it even exceed the SNES days and thats saying something.  I've started Octopath Travelers and its hands down my favorite JRPG within the past 7 years.

Yeah Octopath Traveler looks amazing. Seems to borrow a lot from the SNES FF games as well as the Bravely series and I really dig the art style. When I buy a Switch Odyssey will probably be my first game (already played the Wii U version of BOTW) but Octopath Traveler will be my second. They just gotta get a third game I'm dying to play before I'll buy the console. Fire Emblem Three Houses will probably be that third game, especially since anything we see at TGS will probably have a bit of a time delay before getting localized for the West.

Damn I'm hoping for Persona remasters on Switch now that Sega owns Atlus. Persona 4 Golden looks pretty rough at 496p on a bigscreen playing it on my Playstation TV.

2 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Yeah Octopath Traveler looks amazing. Seems to borrow a lot from the SNES FF games as well as the Bravely series and I really dig the art style. When I buy a Switch Odyssey will probably be my first game (already played the Wii U version of BOTW) but Octopath Traveler will be my second. They just gotta get a third game I'm dying to play before I'll buy the console. Fire Emblem Three Houses will probably be that third game, especially since anything we see at TGS will probably have a bit of a time delay before getting localized for the West.

Damn I'm hoping for Persona remasters on Switch now that Sega owns Atlus.

Only thing about Persona is that I'm 99% sure that P5 is a PS4 only exclusive and one of the only true exclusives they have thats probably not coming to Switch though I could see P1-4 potentially doing it along with SMT.

On 9/10/2018 at 10:51 AM, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Damn I'm hoping for Persona remasters on Switch now that Sega owns Atlus. Persona 4 Golden looks pretty rough at 496p on a bigscreen playing it on my Playstation TV.

I imagine P4G still looks better than the PS2 version though? I do have PS TV but haven't gotten around to replaying P4G on it. I bought a Vita for P4G. That and Uncharted via PS+ are the only Vita games I've finished lol I played a couple more via PS TV since that's my preference.

1 minute ago, ono said:

I imagine P4G still looks better than the PS2 version though? I do have PS TV but haven't gotten around to replaying P4G on it. I bought a Vita for P4G. That and Uncharted via PS+ are the only Vita games I've finished lol I played a couple more via PS TV since that's my preference.

Yeah if the Switch can run Doom smoothly in handheld mode I'm more than sure it can handle P4G.

4 hours ago, LordOTaco said:

Yeah if the Switch can run Doom smoothly in handheld mode I'm more than sure it can handle P4G.

I don’t know... That fight with 

Spoiler

Izanami

really fucked up my PS Vita. I thought the Vita was the one actually battling.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

10 hours ago, ono said:

It's widescreen but honestly not any better than PS2 Persona 4 graphically since it runs at something like 492p on the Vita/PS TV. But P4G is definitely a significantly improved game from PS2's P4.

I like that I posted this list last week....

On 9/8/2018 at 9:17 AM, skywake said:

[...] as a best guess I'd say the franchises rank something like this in terms of "sales potential":

1. Pokemon
2. Mario Kart

3. 2D Mario
4. 3D Mario
5. Animal Crossing

6. Smash Bros

7. Zelda
8. Splatoon
9. Donkey Kong Country
10. Metroid

At the time only Animal Crossing and a 2D Mario were missing on the Switch either as a thing or on the horizon. Then today they go and announce both.

They've just gone down the list of their best selling franchises haven't they....

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

On 9/14/2018 at 5:48 AM, skywake said:

I like that I posted this list last week....

At the time only Animal Crossing and a 2D Mario were missing on the Switch either as a thing or on the horizon. Then today they go and announce both.

-snip-

They've just gone down the list of their best selling franchises haven't they....

Yeah that direct was insane.  I'm not much of a AC fan at all but they announced quite a bit I was surprised about the Final Fantasy content and such.  Plus the whole Isabella in smash ultimate deal.

The Nintendo Direct gave me a raging nerd-on. 

No? Anyone?

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

2 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

The Nintendo Direct gave me a raging nerd-on. 

No? Anyone?

My Nerd-on is still hard as a OG Gameboy and it happened days ago.  I'm told that if it continues I should see a doctor.