Chilling Threadripper 2!!!

18 hours ago, rcmaehl said:

Why Windshield Wiper Fluid and not Regular Coolant with AntiFreeze? Lower freezing point?

You can get a gallon of RainX for less than 3 USD at some places. Plus it is much easier to reuse. Just pour it into the washer fluid reservoir of a car.

22 hours ago, SolarNova said:

That being said i know from experience that finding information on the use case of aquarium chillers on PC cooling, is  rather limited.

I ran 2 aquarium chillers for several years (HC-500 and HC-300).  I can answer probably most questions on them if you're contemplating getting into it.  

The LPT is that they're really not worth it.  High cost of operation, a lot of setup cost (several thousand dollars if you want to have any hope of success), high risk of failure, loss of upgrade-ability of your machines, etc.  On post-Kaby Lake you also run into silicon frequency limitations long before you run into thermal limitations, so you don't really gain any OC headroom going to 0C water.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

Anyone know what they're using to check the power usage at 12:00-13:20?

This isnt really a bad option for those that live in heat. 

Lots of people have AC in home and with such a unit if they isolated the loop a bit they could run ambient under at least idle something smart that you could set to run harder under load and bring your load temps to near ambient temps would be quite special i guess. 

I ran a Phase-change unit with alot of insolation for awhile but eventually had a issue or two its just not adjustable like this .. nothing major happened but aside from it being loud (far far louder than this) i ended up backing off the OC and going back to more rads /water and get what i can out of the cpu. 

Id love to bring the temps even closer to ambient , and if i was  looking for a project i might try this 24/7 

Asrock X670E Steel Legend - AMD 7600X(5.5Ghz) -  XFX Speedster-Zero EKWB Edition 6900XTXH 

-32GB Kingston Fury Beast 6000mhz DDR5 - WB Black 1 & 2 TB NVME -EVGA 1300W G2

Full loop 2x480mm XSPC RX Rads / Thermaltake Pacific W8 Block

• 4 months later...

this may be a mad question, if you hang the motherboard upside down and have a PCI riser to connect the gpu would that help the water build up on the motherboard???

• 3 years later...

I want to build a Sleeper with water chiller , in a double-wides server case with a water cooled Ryzen5900x and one 3080, or A4000+ for CAD,FEM, and 3D Gaming/Streaming.

I have a front console from a vintage IBM/ other AS400 mainframe  I aquired from my first school in 1981, in Minneapolis, MN. I have wanted to integrate a CAD(ProE,SOLIDWORKS), simulation software, AND 3D Gaming/

Streaming machine- INTO the case with this front end,...for 30 YEARs!!

I want to buy the old server case you pick- a "Cream- colored case". I want to paint side panels purple to match the console I have.( I built my last PC with a super micro,Windows XP,with that same purple color- a story for another time 😜

I grew up with PC's, but could never afford to build, or buy new. I have been 10 years for all of the last 30 YEARs! I have plenty of older  1980's/ 1990's 3.5 floppy drives, and zip drives.i want a 5.25 floppy drive- WORKING drives on the bottom half of server case...with a working light array for the console, with WORKING control switches and LED where the 115 volt array is now! Cream and purple were always my colors!

I will purchase the Christmas light programmable lightest inserted inside the Console Fittings, and some Switches. There are 64 switches, and 64 lights sockets !

I Will purchase the server  Case, Water  Chiller, and any parts  You need To make .

I want to build a SOLIDWORKS CAD machine, with a built in NAS.

I want to integrate a new water chiller into a water-cooled motherboard, GPU, and NAS.

If You Build It, Then give me back my parts, I will build  a Voice driven Alexa  to control the front end ,and pc .

I will be integrating power controls from the AS400, and adding a lighting controller used in programmable Christmas tree lighting array to give a kind of "Kit" persona to the machine. I need to use as much of my parts as I can to keep the costs down.

I Can send pictures of you like?My email is; wam3001@gmail.com

Thank You,

William Mullen