Laptops for school?

Hey, I know this is a bit late, but I’m trying to look for a laptop for school and post secondary. I’m willing to spend $1000+ on it. I’ll use it for typing documents, using office and computer programming, basic use like emails and for light gaming. Something preferably 13”-14”, as I will be carrying it around a lot. The battery will need to last close to 10 hours and there should be either fingerprint sensor or windows hello.

do you have a  prefference in terms of screen aspect ratio?

some laptop use 3:2 like the huawei matebook x pro.

meanwhile others use the more tradtitional 16:9

I don't say it very often, but macbook is your way to go, it will fullfil all your needs

If you said "light gaming" try finding something that suits your needs with a MX150. Also, finiding a laptop with a 10h battery that will fulfill the other requirement isn't really that easy. 

Consider the Acer Swift 3 SF314-52G (i7-8550U, MX150). The display is a bit dimm (~220cd at max) but it has over 7 hours of runtime. srgb ~55%

If you can live with the display it packs quite some power.

<rant>

If you drop the gaming, you'll be able to find much better options. I don't get why people think their school laptop should be able to play games. It's either a school laptop or it's not, if you game at school you are an unproductive idiot. 

</rant>

I'd go for a Dell XPS13 if you can. Will be a great companion.

https://www.dell.com/en-us/work/shop/dell-laptops-and-notebooks/xps-13/spd/xps-13-9360-laptop/smx13w10p1c755

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

6 hours ago, Gabe Bal said:

light gaming

The battery will need to last close to 10 hours

Can consider Thinkpad T480 with MX150 and upgraded battery

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128