NVIDIA Controls AIB Launch and Driver Distribution - HardOCP

20 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

No, stop buying Nvidia products it's not a plausible solution when they're virtually the only name in town for high end GPUs or if you want to do something like play AAA titles at 4k

Don't delay; buy NASDAQ:NVDA today xD!

Fuck its been less than 24 hours since last negative nvidia news.

Thats why you dont pre-order, simply wait for the product release and when actual reviews come out we will know if they are real or bs, if its BS and you wanted to buy a card id recommend you stay away from nvidia.

12 minutes ago, yian88 said:

Fuck its been less than 24 hours since last negative nvidia news.

Thats why you dont pre-order, simply wait for the product release and when actual reviews come out we will know if they are real or bs, if its BS and you wanted to buy a card id recommend you stay away from nvidia.

The 2080ti has 20% more cuda cores than the 1080ti so it will objectively have better performance of 20 ish percent at the worst. That along with raytracing makes me honestly not care about not knowing the exact numbers. I was already dead set on buy8ng the next high end gpu anyways which I had thought was going to be the titan so the price increase makes little difference to me. 

10 hours ago, Dylanc1500 said:

from what I know in the grapevine

9 hours ago, Dylanc1500 said:

#rayramano

Off topic: I like that song. It's fun to play drums to.

Heard it through the grapevine is better. :D

37 minutes ago, Motifator said:

Heard it through the grapevine is better. :D

Marvin Gaye, fantastic song as well, I am now going to go blare it in my office and dance around to it.

2 hours ago, TigerHawk said:

And they are going to make a unique identifier for every single reviewer that's going to get a driver? I don't think so. At most they would make a unique one for each AIB. I wouldn't worry about it.

Outside of the regular NDA for review samples that any product has, I find this whole thing ridiculous, frankly.

You say that likes it hard to embed a unique signature. It's no harder than making the driver available to a specific reviewer in the first place.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

short $NVDA?

lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

short $NVDA?

lol

Seeing as the new gpus are likely very useful in the enterprise market more than gaming I would say that it's probably not a smart decision especially with the type of preorder sales they have had. 

2 hours ago, Dylanc1500 said:

Marvin Gaye, fantastic song as well, I am now going to go blare it in my office and dance around to it.

Joe Cocker's cover is good too, heh.

May be Huang don't want "TItan 999$ vs 290X 499$ " again xD

2950X +XSPC raystorm nero + EK PE 480 + XSPC 480 WHITE + DDC 3.2 18W + Enthoo Primo
X399 Zenith Extreme + 32GB 4x 8 3200 cas16 +
AORUS 1080TI WB + DELL UP316Q + Onkyo SE-U55sX + FSP 1KW
sm961 1tb + Intel 600P 1TB +Crucial MX300 750GB + WD BLACK 2TB

14 hours ago, S w a t s o n said:

I believe it, before turing announcement I expected Titan T with full turing die and 3k price like Titan V, I can see them still doing that and keeping Titan as the full die card only with a focus on compute like Titan V

For a whopping ~6% performance increase (68/72 RT cores and 34/36 SMs are active in the 2080ti TU102 die, iirc?) in performance over the 2080ti, the Titan T can be yours to own for only 1000 easy payments of $1.99!

Don't delay, buy Nvidia stock the Titan T today 9_9

It's still amusing to see how people react to such news.   All we know is nvidia want to ensure people sign an NDA before they get review samples and the discussion has devolved into people making shit up about AMD financials and why you can't avoid Nvidia. Honestly, tech enthusiasts make the worst analysts.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

On 8/28/2018 at 7:14 PM, Dabombinable said:

Nvidia's RTX cards must be really shit then.

B-b-but Ray Tracing... Realistic..- shadows..and and the shiny... blown up cars in BFv... SACRILEGE! HOW DARE YOU MAR THE NAME OF RTX ! I checked your profile JUDAS and found that you also have a GTX GPU yet here you stand desecrating the NVIDIA name. Your impiety will not be forgiven and RTX will bring gaming to a brilliant new beginning. GAZE UPON BATTLEFIELD V AND TREMBLE WRETCH, FOR IT IS YOU WHO WILL KNEEL BEFORE RTX AND BEG ITS FORGIVENESS and all you will receive is blown up cars that look blown up... May your soul find rest scoundrel for you will find no peace here! RTX enabled 4k 60... amen...

Bolivia.

surprise surprise...

Work Desktop: Dell Precision 5810 | Intel Xeon E5-1607 v4 | 8GB 2400 MHz ECC DDR4 | AMD FirePro w5100 4GB GDDR5

Laptop: MacBook Pro 15" | Intel i7-4870HQ | 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3 | Nividia GeForce GT 750M 2GB GDDR5

3 hours ago, SupremeGOAT said:

B-b-but Ray Tracing... Realistic..- shadows..and and the shiny... blown up cars in BFv... SACRILEGE! HOW DARE YOU MAR THE NAME OF RTX ! I checked your profile JUDAS and found that you also have a GTX GPU yet here you stand desecrating the NVIDIA name. Your impiety will not be forgiven and RTX will bring gaming to a brilliant new beginning. GAZE UPON BATTLEFIELD V AND TREMBLE WRETCH, FOR IT IS YOU WHO WILL KNEEL BEFORE RTX AND BEG ITS FORGIVENESS and all you will receive is blown up cars that look blown up... May your soul find rest scoundrel for you will find no peace here! RTX enabled 4k 60... amen...

My TNT2 Vanta wants a word with Nvidia. Its horrified that it under performs the TNT.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL