NVIDIA Controls AIB Launch and Driver Distribution - HardOCP

1 minute ago, pas008 said:

No I'm looking at pros and cons

Tier change maybe

20 % cuda

faster memory

Tr and tensor

1080toivalue retains near 500 instead of last 2 gens 300 9xx and 400 1k series launch lol ti owner here

Why are you trying to look at the pros and cons of the product when we're talking about GPP and other shady shit. Turing being good or shit is pretty irrelevant even if people are saying its because of performance.

What Nvidia is doing is wrong, idc if turing is 3x faster than pascal in purely shader workloads

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

4 minutes ago, pas008 said:

But it does when no competition and see my last statement

Hmm so now you're making the same point I am and showing why people are complaining.....? I don't know why you made that statement about people complaining if you already understand exactly why and why the price increase may not be justified on any production/development cost basis.

1 minute ago, S w a t s o n said:

Why are you trying to look at the pros and cons of the product when we're talking about GPP and other shady shit. Turing being good or shit is pretty irrelevant even if people are saying its because of performance.

What Nvidia is doing is wrong, idc if turing is 3x faster than pascal in purely shader workloads

Wrong how owning their product?

Just now, pas008 said:

Wrong how owning their product?

Wrong by trying to force AIBS to their will when they have no right to do so and to force reviewers to sign an NDA that doesn't even cover the launch product to get a sample

AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

1 minute ago, leadeater said:

Hmm so now you're making the same point I am and showing why people are complaining.....? I don't know why you made that statement about people complaining if you already understand exactly why and why the price increase may not be justified on any production cost basis.

Memory costs already explained

New cores and software 

I can go on

Wrong by trying to force AIBS to their will when they have no right to do so and to force reviewers to sign an NDA that doesn't even cover the launch product to get a sample

It's their product product plain and simple

Want review drivers get with the program or wait

7 minutes ago, pas008 said:

Memory costs already explained

New cores and software 

I can go on

Except that applies to every new generation, that is not new. Where is the new situation that caused the price to go up that has not been present ever before in any generation Nvidia has made.

Just now, pas008 said:

It's their product product plain and simple

Want review drivers get with the program or wait

♫ baa baa black sheep ♫

Just now, S w a t s o n said:

♫ baa baa black sheep ♫

Lol it's getting restricted in every area and some are telling how to bench for each test 

Cough zen

And i don't have problem with that just pointing it out

1 minute ago, pas008 said:

Lol it's getting restricted in every area and some are telling how to bench for each test 

Cough zen

And i don't have problem with that just pointing it out

I really dont think you have your facts straight but I can tell this is going to be a very circular conversation, I think we already did a full loop of the circuit so i'll just bow out now, enjoy the grazing!

3 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Except that applies to every new generation, that is not new. Where is the new situation that caused the price to go up that has not be present ever before in any generation Nvidia has made.

What memory in all areas are increased

Fuck i was about to do try to replace my plex  server to ryzen but damn memory is more then the cpu

So I'll wait

I really dont think you have your facts straight but I can tell this is going to be a very circular conversation, I think we already did a full loop of the circuit so i'll just bow out now, enjoy the grazing!

What facts plz inform me 

Here or pm

7 minutes ago, pas008 said:

What memory in all areas are increased

Fuck i was about to do try to replace my plex  server to ryzen but damn memory is more then the cpu

So I'll wait

Well it's a good thing we're talking about A) GPU memory, B) Nvidia/AIBs do not pay what you pay, C) The price increase over GDDR5X, D) Current prices that applies to Geforce 10 series.

If memory prices were such a problem MSRP of Geforce 10 series would have been updated, Nvidia has updated MSRP on past generations (downward). GDDR6 does cost more than GDDR5x but not $100 USD.

Inflation accounts for an increase from $699 to roughly $722.88, if the new MSRP was $749 then I'd just put that down to natural inflation but it's not it's $799.

Anyway off topic, I'll leave you with your opinion, just don't complain when Geforce 40 series is $1500 MSRP.

2 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

additional thought: 2070 not having SLI is like 1080 not having SLI o_o

2070 prolly being held back to rid 1080ti stock

And no sli is prolly because they want those higher chips to sell more 

Tiers look to be changing all around

24 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Not a $100 role. And current ram prices effects Pascal just as much as it effects Turing, new doesn't mean the price must go up, performance increase doesn't mean the price must go up, you should never expect GPU prices to go up just because it's new, something must justify it and it must be over and above the last generation and current factors. Turing isn't in a vacuum, it's in the same environment as everything else is. Either Turing was a significant development cost increase over Pascal and Volta, unlikely, or Nvidia put the price up just to align it with current street prices so it looks less bad.

Not that I care about the price increase, I gave you the why people are complaining. Doesn't have to make sense to you that's just why, price tag went up so naturally people are going to complain. People will always find something to complain about, be it prices being much higher than MSRP or the MSRP increasing, or performance increase lower than expected, literally anything can get people complaining.

The cost of GDDR6 combined with a much larger die and throwing tensor cores on, the cost is probably close to $100 if not maybe more. Since there are still tons of 10 series cards left, what does Nvidia do? Launch Turing cards at the same MSRP's? I think that would make the new gpu's appear not worth pre-ordering or much of an upgrade especially when they're heavily marketing ray tracing tech. I complained about the prices right after seeing the RTX news, but with RAM inflation and increased production cost the prices had to go up.

I can understand both sides of the fence. I will say that I understand wanting to make sure people aren't testing using drivers and software that aren't meant for launch. It can give false outlooks of what the final product will be like at launch. Which can highly effect the initial mindset of the product, which is hard to change thereafter and is a constant uphill battle.

On the other hand I can understand, as a consumer, that this can come off as having the possibility of being highly manipulated. As it has the possibility to force launch reviews that are only positive. The way the article words everything definitely leaves a bit of a dry taste in my mouth.

Truth is no one except the parties involved know exactly and outsiders won't know until after. We don't know the full details and facts.

3 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Anyway off topic, I'll leave you with your opinion, just don't complain when Geforce 40 series is $1500 MSRP.

Founders Edition that is, because 2080ti at $999 seems to actually be the floor unlike pascal FE. Every AIB card seems to be 1100-1200 which is a higher premium than usual too

Oh wait FE is now 1199 on Nvidia's site. Amazing, just amazing

Oh wait FE is now 1199 on Nvidia's site. Amazing, just amazing

2080TI?

Just now, Dylanc1500 said:

That was announced at launch.

U wot? I watched that shit live it said $999. Are you telling me $999 is for the plastic shroud version, I havent even seen a card at $999 then, could have sworn FE was the only one

so $999 for this? https://www.amazon.com/GeForce-Turbo-Type-C-Graphics-TURBO-RTX2080TI-11G/dp/B07GK2LWDL

ahahahahaahaha

1080ti FE launch price: 699

2080ti FE launch price: 1199

Holy fuck I didn't realize the gap was that large, what the fuck is jensen smoking. Titan only existed from 700 series onward so it really isn't a given that there should be a 1000+ price tier. If they were gonna charge titan pricing they should have at least made it a proper titan card with double precision and full 12gb of ram.