Lenovo Yoga 720 15 Fan Control

I have the Lenovo Yoga 720 15 and I have done repaste the thermal paste for both the GPU and CPU (thermal paste not liquid metal) the problem is it still thermal throttle when under load especially when I disable the turbo boost for the CPU and let it ramp up to 3.8Ghz (factory out the turbo boost is disabled because this computer have very bad thermal management) I tried searching the internet up and down for manual fan control override I just need to ramp the fan to 100% all the time when I am gaming or rendering to get the most performance out of it especially during when I do video rendering. 

I found some fan controls but is all for the older Flex 2 or thinkpads where non of it works on the Yoga 720 

I really desperately need this fan control 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

image.thumb.png.52b21906ffbf5822c6e910d10dd05dad.png

Tried everything from the video you provided some forum suggested that to use the Yoga 13 2191 confiq but still doesn't work. the current fan speed reading is also wrong I have no idea what to do next at this point. 

• 4 months later...

I know this is a late response, but hopefully it can still help others looking into this... Lenovo has two fan profiles loaded by default into the BIOS, "performance" mode will allow the CPU to hit whatever its TJMax is, and allow the fans to ramp to 100%. "Balanced" appears to set a throttling temp of about 62deg and never allows the fans to ramp anywhere close to 100%, resulting in heavy throttling, but a quieter machine.

I wish speedfan worked on this thing, I've been messing with it for a while, the BIOS options seem to me to either leave too much performance off the table or constantly ramp the fans for no reason, I'm hoping that my next attempt (liquid metal) will reduce the constant fan ramping problems.

Hope this helps OP