Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Whiskers

Community Standards

On 2/27/2019 at 3:10 AM, LoGiCalDrm said:

Making rule about it doesn't change anything. And would be bad press from forum to attact new users like that.

"And would be bad press from forum to attact new users like that." - How so? Do you mean it wouldn't make the forum as attractive to new users? 

38 minutes ago, mahmud hasan said:

-snip-

? Literally one of the rules at the start of this thread is: "No advertising of any non LTT/LMG material."

Specs: 

• i5-8600K 
  • Evga Black RTX 2070 
  • 16GB DDR4 2400MHz 
  • ASRock Extreme 4 Z370 
  • Fractal Design Meshify C Light TG 

Plays: Minesweeper at 1000 fps. 

3 minutes ago, bradwiggo said:

"And would be bad press from forum to attact new users like that." - How so? Do you mean it wouldn't make the forum as attractive to new users? 

Yes, thats exactly what it means. Think about it yourself. Would you considering joining a club which punishes you for asking questions in wrong way? And like I said in that post, it wouldn't help anyway as very few of new users even read CS before posting anything.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just now, LoGiCalDrm said:

Yes, thats exactly what it means. Think about it yourself. Would you considering joining a club which punishes you for asking questions in wrong way? And like I said in that post, it wouldn't help anyway as very few of new users even read CS before posting anything.

Ah, yes, I agree with that. It's the reason I can't stand Stack Exchange. They are always able to answer my questions, but the people telling me my question is a duplicate of one made 12 years ago outnumber the helpful people at minimum 5:1. I do like this forum as I have never once been told to "google it", or been directed to an 8 year old thread. 

Specs: 

• i5-8600K 
  • Evga Black RTX 2070 
  • 16GB DDR4 2400MHz 
  • ASRock Extreme 4 Z370 
  • Fractal Design Meshify C Light TG 

Plays: Minesweeper at 1000 fps. 

4 minutes ago, bradwiggo said:

Ah, yes, I agree with that. It's the reason I can't stand Stack Exchange. They are always able to answer my questions, but the people telling me my question is a duplicate of one made 12 years ago outnumber the helpful people at minimum 5:1. I do like this forum as I have never once been told to "google it", or been directed to an 8 year old thread. 

I kinda don't mind it as long as they provide links. Bigger problem in those forums (Ubuntu forums is another) is that they will auto-lock threads without replies after X amount of time. Now, if someone tells to look at other thread and refuses to provide any further help on my own thread, and I can't post follow-up questions in those other threads, then whats the point of the forum.

I sometimes get annoyed of people not searching before posting. I like to help out more if I know that user has at least tried to solve problem first themselves (maybe they link to guides which they tried already).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv