FPS drops everywhere

TonyFycus

Hello,

I have this PC for 1 month now and for some reason there are FPS drops both on the desktop and also in game. My computer has an i5 8500, 8GB DDR4 2400mhz and a 3GB GTX 1060 OC from Gigabyte on a B360M motherboard. I use Aorus engine and no matter if it is OC mode or not they still happen. I tried to make a clean install of the GPU driver and I even went as far as reinstalling Windows 10 and this still happens. Do you have any idea what might cause this and what should I do?

Thank you.

Yes it is single channel. I have 4 slots and I plan to buy one more RAM stick in the near future. Right now I am entering a game so I can monitor the usage and the temps.

10 minutes ago, TonyFycus said:

Yes it is single channel. I have 4 slots and I plan to buy one more RAM stick in the near future. Right now I am entering a game so I can monitor the usage and the temps.

Well, that is most likely the cause of your problems then.

Okay, does the problem continue to exist when you use the iGPU on the i5-8500?

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

I did not test the iGPU yet. I will try that too. For now the temps and the usage is under 50% and the temps are under 65 degrees C.

I did not have these problems for the first 2 weeks. And I played instensive games like Battlefield 1 and I had no problem.

It did not happen with the iGPU. And everything seemes normal. Also the RAM usage was very low but the FPS drops still go on.

When was the last time you updated drivers, and when you did (if ever) did you use a program called DisplayDriverUninstaller (aka DDU)?

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic