The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

Helltech

There is no reason we shouldn't talk about the best game ever made. Discuss gameplay, story, mods, lore or whatever else you can think of.

In my opinion it is the best game ever made, still far surpassing Skyrim, Oblivion and even Daggerfall in many aspects.

Funny story, I got it for Christmas when I was 12 for Xbox. I absolutely hated it, I couldn't figure out anything. I don't even recall getting out of Seyda Neen, I know I never made it to Balmora and Caius Cosades that is for sure. It wasn't until I was 14 that I decided to try playing it again and started the main quest, then after I realized how bad I was I got the Prima Official. It has been on my "top 1" game spot ever since.

Anyone running any of the mods? The fort to the south or the sound mod pack?

I'm interested in some of the graphics mods that i've seen screenshots of on Imgur.

Totally my favorite Elder Scrolls game but I never finished the main story. It got lost in the journal and I couldn't find it anymore so I just started creating my own life in the game and disregarded the story altogether.

Either in the latest expansion, or maybe with a mod, the journal because a lot easier to use and makes the game much easier to playthrough.

Morrowind is my favourite TES too. Back then it was simply glorious. I reinstalled it a few months ago and just hearing "Wake up, we're here, why are you shaking? are you ok? wake up" sent chills down my spine.

In comparison Oblivion feels empty, like a huge testing hall. I loved it as well though.

But Morrowind had such an amazing story and immersion, when I played it there was no real me anymore. I was my playing character, and I lived in Vvardenfell.

I can't remember any other game able to involve me that much. Maybe Neverwinter Nights? Icewind Dale?

Not many in any case.

Per aspera sic itur ad astra.

I'v never played Morrowind. Should I download the graphics mods before I play it the first time? I'v seen an impressive graphics mod a while back. and though I don't mind older types of graphics, I do like games with good graphics :) I have played both Oblivion and Skyrim.

Morrowind is my favourite TES too. Back then it was simply glorious. I reinstalled it a few months ago and just hearing "Wake up' date=' we're here, why are you shaking? are you ok? wake up" sent chills down my spine. In comparison Oblivion feels empty, like a huge testing hall. I loved it as well though. But Morrowind had such an amazing story and immersion, when I played it there was no real me anymore. I was my playing character, and I lived in Vvardenfell. I can't remember any other game able to involve me that much. Maybe Neverwinter Nights? Icewind Dale? Not many in any case.[/quote']

Exactly, that is why I love Morrowind so much as well. It is one of the few games where I get so involved with the game I get completely lost in it.

I'v never played Morrowind. Should I download the graphics mods before I play it the first time? I'v seen an impressive graphics mod a while back. and though I don't mind older types of graphics' date=' I do like games with good graphics :) I have played both Oblivion and Skyrim. [/quote']

Yes you should, but only because there is one single compilation of graphics mod that make everything so easy, and actually makes the game BETTER. It is called Morrowind Sound and Graphics Overhaul.

http://www.ornitocopter.net/morrowind-overhaul/

Without using a big compilation like that it used to take me nearly a week to mod and tweak Morrowind, now it takes about 20 minutes.

I'v never played Morrowind. Should I download the graphics mods before I play it the first time? I'v seen an impressive graphics mod a while back. and though I don't mind older types of graphics' date=' I do like games with good graphics :) I have played both Oblivion and Skyrim. [/quote']

Yes you should, but only because there is one single compilation of graphics mod that make everything so easy, and actually makes the game BETTER. It is called Morrowind Sound and Graphics Overhaul.

http://www.ornitocopter.net/morrowind-overhaul/

Without using a big compilation like that it used to take me nearly a week to mod and tweak Morrowind, now it takes about 20 minutes.

Thanks! will download Morrowind when I get home from work and try this out :)

(I got a Steam copy, don't worry :P )

First of all; full ack to the OP - Morrowind is the best game that was, that is and that will be !

A big chunk of lifetime lies on this island called Vvardenfell - i regret nothing !

Second to that i believe in ORNITOCOPTER.

here is a little comparison between the release version and the mod version (ca. MGE v3.8.2) i did some time ago:

compa14.jpg

This is an alpha...this is not a beta. Yeah...and we're running it on production ! [LinusTech & SlickPC]   ~    More Power Than All the Computers in 1999! [Our Servers ^^]

First of all; full ack to the OP - Morrowind is the best game that was' date=' that is and that will be ! A big chunk of lifetime lies on this island called Vvardenfell - i regret nothing ! Second to that i believe in ORNITOCOPTER. here is a little comparison between the release version and the mod version (ca. MGE v3.8.2) i did some time ago: [img']http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/2730/compa14.jpg

Yeah with the right mods it looks better then some games from 2012.

I love this game soooo much. Still have both the Xbox GotY Edition and the PC GotY Edition. I think I finally finished it a couple years ago (it was one of the only 2 games that my computer could play at the time). I have no idea how many hours I logged on it. It was just such an awesome experience. I've never tried it with mods, though. Not sure I could afford to get lost in Morrowind again. I'll stick to trying to finish Skyrim now lol. I feel bad for Oblivion cause I sorta stopped playing it once I "finished" the main game. Didn't do the expansions....but maybe someday?

I love this game soooo much. Still have both the Xbox GotY Edition and the PC GotY Edition. I think I finally finished it a couple years ago (it was one of the only 2 games that my computer could play at the time). I have no idea how many hours I logged on it. It was just such an awesome experience. I've never tried it with mods' date=' though. Not sure I could afford to get lost in Morrowind [i']again. I'll stick to trying to finish Skyrim now lol. I feel bad for Oblivion cause I sorta stopped playing it once I "finished" the main game. Didn't do the expansions....but maybe someday?

Shivering Isles is IMO the best (only good?) part of Oblivion.

You should *really* try Morrowind with mods man. Who cares if you get lost in it :P

With every new release of TES I always compared it to Morrowind, because it was basically THE SHIT! Anyway my bro showed me a mod the other day that brings oblivion graphics to morrowind and here is the link http://morroblivion.com/image/tid Haven't tried it yet, because the morrowind and oblivion I have are both on the xbox =( Oh and you need morrowind goty to use that mod. I can't decide if I want to buy both games unfortunately =( lol

With every new release of TES I always compared it to Morrowind, because it was basically THE SHIT! Anyway my bro showed me a mod the other day that brings oblivion graphics to morrowind and here is the link http://morroblivion.com/image/tid Haven't tried it yet, because the morrowind and oblivion I have are both on the xbox =( Oh and you need morrowind goty to use that mod. I can't decide if I want to buy both games unfortunately =( lol
I'mma have to get that :D

I honestly can't even wait for the Elder Scrolls Online!

AMD FX-8350 Asus M5A-99X R2.0 EVO Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 (9-9-9-24 @1600MHz) - Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970 (OC 1000MHz) - Corsair TX-650

Corsair H100i Fractal Design R4 Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 MadCatz R.A.T. 7 WD Caviar Black 2TB and Samsung 840 120GB

==="Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose" ~ Master Yoda===

I honestly can't even wait for the Elder Scrolls Online!

You and me both! Although I am probably gonna wait for reviews and such on it, because I was disappointed in swtor =(

Yeah I know it looks pretty amazing. lol Why must I be a college student! I just want to play games or at least afford them!