Good DAC suggestions

LifesCompanion

I was looking into getting an external DAC some time soon (not too expensive... around $200 is my budget) and was wondering if I could get any suggestions (side question, is it possible to connect a 2.1 speaker system to a DAC?) 

For reference, I use a pair of Audio Technica ATH-M50 for general use. 

Thanks, 

LC~ 

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

just going to say that the dac will accept the signal and to output it you need an amp, so you might as well either get

1. an amp

2. a dac and amp combo

Not worth it, your headphone wouldn't benefit from an amp unless your motherboards soundcard is broken. 

Not worth it, your headphone wouldn't benefit from an amp unless your motherboards soundcard is broken. 

Ah ty, I was wondering about that 

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

In case you still do want a DAC/AMP combo, I would recommend the Audinst HUD-MX1 or now MX2. I've been using one (MX1)  for about a year now, after having a Fiio E10 for a while, and am pretty happy with it. I have both my stereo and an assortment of headphones hooked up to it (including HD800, DT990, DT1350) and it is a definite upgrade over my onboard Sound. The difference to the Fiio E10 is far less noticable and if you don't need the 6.3mm jack and just want something solid, I'd recommend the E10.