Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
-rascal-

*UPDATED 9/5/2018* Tom's Hardware's Editor in Chief's Controversial RTX Article

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, FloRolf said:

Next up in the news:

 

 - we were all wrong - 

20 Year Old dude bought all the RTX cards and saved so much money that he became a billionaire. 

 

On 8/25/2018 at 3:41 AM, Dylanc1500 said:

So if I buy all of the GPUs, I save all of the money?!

I told em

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

what, like Carebear Stare?

Shovelbear

Like those cool neon signs


Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

 

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I started a thread on TomsHW UK yesterday morning asking the mods/staff if the UK site was independent like TomsHW.de or could we be seeing nonsense like this "Just Buy It" article on the UK site soon? I didn't think that was rude or unfair, I wasn't asking staff to comment their own opinions regarding the paid Nvidia advert *cough I mean unbias article that might get them into trouble, it was merely a; do you operate like TomsHW DE or are you managed by the US side of the company?
 

I just thought the first thing that happened was funny and showing the start of what was to come. I received an official warning for profanity for my single use of "bs" and my post was edited by the mods - I used the abbreviation "bs" as I thought that was more suitable and shouldn't offend anyone, especially as I've seen it used thousands of times on the site with no issues over the years, but apparently, that's worthy of an official warning now.

Anyway, then it started. A few members began posting their own opinions on this article, no one was flaming, no one was swearing, no wild unsubstantiated accusations, or anything hostile/rude, just simply - "I think it's rubbish and if the editor-in-chief is putting this out, then TomsHW is done for me." - Stuff like that, just civil opinions and thoughts.

Sure enough, the posts started disappearing, being deleted by the mods.

 

Long story short, after asking some mods/staff directly and not receiving any responses, except seeing more posts disappearing, I requested my account to be deleted. 6 years of recommending people to the site, trusting what they put out as unbias (as much as someone can be) and consumer orientated, hundreds upon hundreds of posts, getting to know(ish) some forum mods, dozens of their award badge thingies... gone with one insane, brain-dead article/paid ad.

Tom's Hardware, for me at least, is now the tech website equivalent of the Daily Mail - write any old crap for clicks, views, and of course... paychecks.

Edited by Euphoria
Reason for edit = my terrible grammar
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 8/29/2018 at 11:15 AM, Igor Wallossek said:

 

I signed a contract to NOT damage the reputation and image of TH with my publications under the TH brand logo. That's fine and self-evident. And I still believe in objective journalism, which refers to facts and real test results and not to speculation and click-baiting. I have always represented my opinion publicly, because whoever ducks away also sells his own ideals.

 

But this guy is damaging my current work and all, what we built in the past. I'm also in contact with Thomas the founder and it's a shame what happened. All this shit falls back also to my own business. And not only. I'm not sure that he read his contract carefully. I run here a complete independent site and pay only for the brand and domain (ok, I changed it from the begin to an own :D to be safe).

 

It is my great hope that everyone involved will remember what once distinguished this website. I am the last person who would not support this with all his strength, time and also his own money. My hope is entirely with the new owners, who will hopefully implement what was stated in the letter of intent. It will be my pleasure to be able to continue to offer all those loyal readers exactly the content they have received for years and whose right it is to demand exactly this standard also in the future.

 

The handling of this controverse is not poor, it is a real suicide. The whole staff is in panic mode, because the new owners will visit the NY office this week. Nothing was better timed, than this "article" from the "geekingchief" himself. Bravo!

 

On 8/29/2018 at 12:00 PM, Igor Wallossek said:

Yes. To Future plc, a UK company. They are visiting NY this week to complete the overtake. Panic mode now, nothing else :D

 

I licensed the German site in May, because they planned to close it completely. And they gave me only a naked MongoDB data dump without any doumentation of the structure, no shortcodes, simply nothing. And less than 3 weeks to migrate to an own server.  No user data, no forum. We restored all and were online. Their system is a pure mess and it was a horrible work - but done. Now we have the better system, a better forum and it seems also the better content. :D

 

 

On 8/29/2018 at 11:47 AM, LinusTech said:

Hi Igor, 

 

Welcome to LTT forum :)

 

I'm probably not the only one who is lacking some of the context behind this post. Has Tom's been sold again? I thought it was under the Purch umbrella? 

 

Linus

 

Agreed with Linus -- there is missing context that many of us are not aware of.

 

Thank you Igor for providing us with a bit more information, and some further clarification, on this topic; greatly appreciated.

I understand they would want to make things a "nice" as possible to prepare for the overtake, hence, the deleting of posts, bans, etc.

It appears that this "whole staff panic mode" got a little over the top, though.

 

Tom's Hardware is not completed in the ground, we still have you, and Tom's Hardware Germany! xD

 

EDIT:

Even my comment/discussion question regarding to Ray Tracing, and followed by indicating I had been a registered member at Tom's Hardware for ~8 years now, seeing how things took a turn in recent days, and hoping to see Tom's Hardware U.S. recover and succeed, got removed. My response did not contain any foul language or direct criticism on the article. It looks like that is the end of it.


Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

  • i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz (still tweaking) -- i7-6800K
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master -- ASUS X99 Deluxe
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 5700 XT Special Edition -- 2x Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 (16GB TridentZ RGB + 16GB Red/Black TridentZ)
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO + 1TB Intel 660p NVMe
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass Edition
  • Ekwb Custom loop
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

Intel Z97 Rig (Secondary)

  • Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

  • FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

 

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Euphoria said:
Spoiler

I started a thread on TomsHW UK yesterday morning asking the mods/staff if the UK site was independent like TomsHW.de or could we be seeing nonsense like this "Just Buy It" article on the UK site soon? I didn't think that was rude or unfair, I wasn't asking staff to comment their own opinions regarding the paid Nvidia advert *cough I mean unbias article that might get them into trouble, it was merely a; do you operate like TomsHW DE or are you managed by the US side of the company?
 

I just thought the first thing that happened was funny and showing the start of what was to come. I received an official warning for profanity for my single use of "bs" and my post was edited by the mods - I used the abbreviation "bs" as I thought that was more suitable and shouldn't offend anyone, especially as I've seen it used thousands of times on the site with no issues over the years, but apparently, that's worthy of an official warning now.

Anyway, then it started. A few members began posting their own opinions on this article, no one was flaming, no one was swearing, no wild unsubstantiated accusations, or anything hostile/rude, just simply - "I think it's rubbish and if the editor-in-chief is putting this out, then TomsHW is done for me." - Stuff like that, just civil opinions and thoughts.

Sure enough, the posts started disappearing, being deleted by the mods.

 

Long story short, after asking some mods/staff directly and not receiving any responses, except seeing more posts disappearing, I requested my account to be deleted. 6 years of recommending people to the site, trusting what they put out as unbias (as much as someone can be) and consumer orientated, hundreds upon hundreds of posts, getting to know(ish) some forum mods, dozens of their award badge thingies... gone with one insane, brain-dead article/paid ad.

Tom's Hardware, for me at least, is now the tech website equivalent of the Daily Mail - write any old crap for clicks, views, and of course... paychecks.

 

So Tomshardware UK is the same as Tomshardware US. I also had some badges over there, earning them wasn't easy, when the best answer, 99.99999% of the time, will always go to a mod, even when you post first, and has the correct solution to OP's problem.


Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

 

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this whole thing is disgraceful.

 

 

Tom's Hardware are wide open to legal action for misleading consumers if something they say is not true with RTX and they received quid pro quo for that review.

 

There are consumer protection laws in north America and Europe that take very dim views on this.

 

This is why sponsored content has to be indicated.

 

Consumer reviews versus news (or speculation) versus personal opinion pieces need to be marked as such.

 

In Europe the mere act of misleading or causing a consumer confusion before a purchase is illegal. Especially from manufacturers or retailers.

 

If this is done by proxy. By a independent website that isn't actually independent. The courts would have no different a view.


My Rig "Valiant"  Intel® Core™ i7-5930 @3.5GHz ; Asus X99 DELUXE 3.1 ; Corsair H110i ; Corsair Dominator Platinium 64GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 ; 2 x 6GB ASUS NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980 Ti Strix ; Corsair Obsidian Series 900D ; Samsung 950 Pro NVME + Samsung 850 Pro SATA + HDD Western Digital Black - 2TB ; Corsair AX1500i Professional 80 PLUS Titanium ; x3 Samsung S27D850T 27-Inch WQHD Monitor
 
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mark_cameron said:

This is why sponsored content has to be indicated.

Was this actually sponsored though? Avram didn't explicitly say it in the article. I may have missed it but I was under the impression that this was just an opinion piece?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/8/2018 at 5:11 PM, mr moose said:

this debate is as old as the hills, the eye has a set number of rods and cones. as a visual receptor it is actually very poor, the reason we think we see so well is becasue the visual processing part of the brain is really good at taking all the broken bits of information and making a single image that seems to be high detail.

 

We don't even process visual input when our eyes are moving. 

So we have good post-pro but bad graphics?


Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.

Link to post
Share on other sites

[Update] My thread and all posts on every thread from the past few days have been deleted by TomsHW mods this morning and I received another official warning about my conduct. Apparently, asking if TomsHW UK is independent of TomsHW US is against the forum rules and guidelines, literally, that is what they said, even though I posted in Forum Discussion/Feedback section, haha what a joke.

 

It's also been roughly 40 hours since I requested my account to be deleted but it's still active, maybe they're overwhelmed with the numbers of account deletion requests.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
9 minutes ago, Euphoria said:

[Update] My thread and all posts on every thread from the past few days have been deleted by TomsHW mods this morning and I received another official warning about my conduct. Apparently, asking if TomsHW UK is independent of TomsHW US is against the forum rules and guidelines, literally, that is what they said, even though I posted in Forum Discussion/Feedback section, haha what a joke.

 

It's also been roughly 40 hours since I requested my account to be deleted but it's still active, maybe they're overwhelmed with the numbers of account deletion requests.

 

Damage control gone mad.

 

They removed my post, and I did not get a notification or e-mail on why they removed it.

 

Even some of the mods have expressed that they even don't feel it is right to remove some of the posts...but they have to follow higher up orders.


Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

  • i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz (still tweaking) -- i7-6800K
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master -- ASUS X99 Deluxe
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 5700 XT Special Edition -- 2x Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 (16GB TridentZ RGB + 16GB Red/Black TridentZ)
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO + 1TB Intel 660p NVMe
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass Edition
  • Ekwb Custom loop
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

Intel Z97 Rig (Secondary)

  • Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

  • FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

 

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Euphoria said:

[Update] My thread and all posts on every thread from the past few days have been deleted by TomsHW mods this morning and I received another official warning about my conduct. Apparently, asking if TomsHW UK is independent of TomsHW US is against the forum rules and guidelines, literally, that is what they said, even though I posted in Forum Discussion/Feedback section, haha what a joke.

 

It's also been roughly 40 hours since I requested my account to be deleted but it's still active, maybe they're overwhelmed with the numbers of account deletion requests.

They're handling this awfully.

Image result for this is fine meme

 

All jokes aside, I hope they can turn it around.

It's a good forum and it's been a helpful in the past for research when troubleshooting so I hope it sticks around.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Peskanova said:

So we have good post-pro but bad graphics?

The eyeball itself is actually quite shitty, but the brain takes a whole lot of shitty information and assembles a perfect image.

 

If you want your mind blown google for some visual processing disorders.  One seminar I watched, the patient could not pick up a pencil because the brain could not process vertical information.  She could move it if it was horizontal to the eye but not vertical.   Glad I don't have those problems.


QuicK and DirtY. Read the CoC it's like a guide on how not to be moron.  Also I don't have an issue with the VS series.

Sometimes I miss contractions like n't on the end of words like wouldn't, couldn't and shouldn't.    Please don't be a dick,  make allowances when reading my posts.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, the good old method of silencing criticism to do damage control. 

 

The forums are probably going to lose a number of their best and most helpful members at this rate. 


The Workhorse

R7 3700X | RTX 2070 Super | 32GB DDR4-3200 | 512GB SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Barracuda Compute | Windows 10 Pro

 

The Portable Station

Core i7 4700MQ | GT 750M | 16GB DDR3-1600 | 250GB 850 Evo | Windows 10

 

Samsung Galaxy Note8 SM-N950F

Exynos 8895 ARM Mali G71 MP20 | 6GB LPDDR4 | 64GB internal + 128GB microSD | 6.3" 1440p "Infinity Display" AMOLED | Android Pie 9.0 w/ OneUI

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

Ah, the good old method of silencing criticism to do damage control. 

Sounds like Communist Russia


Work Desktop: Dell Precision 5810 | Intel Xeon E5-1607 v4 | 8GB 2400 MHz ECC DDR4 | AMD FirePro w5100 4GB GDDR5

Laptop: MacBook Pro 15" | Intel i7-4870HQ | 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3 | Nividia GeForce GT 750M 2GB GDDR5

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ZacoAttaco said:

They're handling this awfully.

Image result for this is fine meme

 

All jokes aside, I hope they can turn it around.

It's a good forum and it's been a helpful in the past for research when troubleshooting so I hope it sticks around.

It's what happens when technology review organisations/individuals appear to give up their independence and/or receive quid pro quo.

 

Forums/organisations like LTT, GamersNexus so on essentially commit suicide if they give up the number one priority:

 

Consumer audience

 

Who watch them and listen to them because they trust them.

 

It's why Linus went to such lengths to state how he's not ever going to give up independence. Plus how LMG makes revenues.

 

Even a hint of impropriety causes a disaster to reviewers.

 

 

 

 


My Rig "Valiant"  Intel® Core™ i7-5930 @3.5GHz ; Asus X99 DELUXE 3.1 ; Corsair H110i ; Corsair Dominator Platinium 64GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 ; 2 x 6GB ASUS NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980 Ti Strix ; Corsair Obsidian Series 900D ; Samsung 950 Pro NVME + Samsung 850 Pro SATA + HDD Western Digital Black - 2TB ; Corsair AX1500i Professional 80 PLUS Titanium ; x3 Samsung S27D850T 27-Inch WQHD Monitor
 
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/08/2018 at 8:00 PM, Igor Wallossek said:

Yes. To Future plc, a UK company. They are visiting NY this week to complete the overtake. Panic mode now, nothing else :D

 

I licensed the German site in May, because they planned to close it completely. And they gave me only a naked MongoDB data dump without any doumentation of the structure, no shortcodes, simply nothing. And less than 3 weeks to migrate to an own server.  No user data, no forum. We restored all and were online. Their system is a pure mess and it was a horrible work - but done. Now we have the better system, a better forum and it seems also the better content. :D

Reading it it seems they were partly buying the platform and partly to expand in the U.S. 

 

Given the aggressive expansion strategy Future are adopting

 

Either that tool of an editor has been told to be controversial and generate a splash. To drive audience

 

Or Future are going to come in and quickly remove. Given damage to key audience they purchased.

 

It was a stupid article and the fact no one could initially tell if it was opinion or review says it all. Very poorly thought out. From the editor as well.


My Rig "Valiant"  Intel® Core™ i7-5930 @3.5GHz ; Asus X99 DELUXE 3.1 ; Corsair H110i ; Corsair Dominator Platinium 64GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 ; 2 x 6GB ASUS NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980 Ti Strix ; Corsair Obsidian Series 900D ; Samsung 950 Pro NVME + Samsung 850 Pro SATA + HDD Western Digital Black - 2TB ; Corsair AX1500i Professional 80 PLUS Titanium ; x3 Samsung S27D850T 27-Inch WQHD Monitor
 
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mark_cameron said:

It was a stupid article and the fact no one could initially tell if it was opinion or review says it all. Very poorly thought out. From the editor as well.

I'm not so sure it's just a case of people not being able to tell but rather being dismayed that a reviewer would have that opinion at all and advise people to buy a product before reviews, their actual business they are in. More a credibility issue which is something that is assessed all the time with all actions and so much easier to lose than gain.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, leadeater said:

I'm not so sure it's just a case of people not being able to tell but rather being dismayed that a reviewer would have that opinion at all and advise people to buy a product before reviews, their actual business they are in. More a credibility issue which is something that is assessed all the time with all actions and so much easier to lose than gain.

yep, two very different reasons to be disillusioned with Toms, one was the confusion over the type of article and the other was the severity of the article opinion or not.


QuicK and DirtY. Read the CoC it's like a guide on how not to be moron.  Also I don't have an issue with the VS series.

Sometimes I miss contractions like n't on the end of words like wouldn't, couldn't and shouldn't.    Please don't be a dick,  make allowances when reading my posts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, leadeater said:

I'm not so sure it's just a case of people not being able to tell but rather being dismayed that a reviewer would have that opinion at all and advise people to buy a product before reviews, their actual business they are in. More a credibility issue which is something that is assessed all the time with all actions and so much easier to lose than gain.

Aye. common sense. To allow independent testing first.

 

It smells of impropriety.


My Rig "Valiant"  Intel® Core™ i7-5930 @3.5GHz ; Asus X99 DELUXE 3.1 ; Corsair H110i ; Corsair Dominator Platinium 64GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 ; 2 x 6GB ASUS NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980 Ti Strix ; Corsair Obsidian Series 900D ; Samsung 950 Pro NVME + Samsung 850 Pro SATA + HDD Western Digital Black - 2TB ; Corsair AX1500i Professional 80 PLUS Titanium ; x3 Samsung S27D850T 27-Inch WQHD Monitor
 
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Igor Wallossek said:

So let's see, what will happen next week. I think, they will cancel my license contract or something similar and stupid in worst case. But I have no interest to damage my own business with this shit. Better to play the Raider = Twix game :D

is it just rights to the name, or is it more complicated than that? o_o (sorry in advance if it's not something you're able to comment on right now ,_,)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/25/2018 at 4:24 AM, leadeater said:

The more GPUs you buy the more money you save

I just bought 10 1080 Ti's. Look at all the money I saved. You saved me a lifetime of debt. Thank you.


"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out." - Carl Sagan.

"If you place a piece of bread somewhere on Earth, and another one on that point's antipodes, well you made yourself an Earth-sandwich." - Michael from Vsauce.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Igor Wallossek said:

So let's see, what will happen next week. I think, they will cancel my license contract or something similar and stupid in worst case. But I have no interest to damage my own business with this shit. Better to play the Raider = Twix game :D

I'm looking forward to reading reviews from IgorsHardware.com


CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x8GB 3000MHz G.Skill Ripjaws 5 | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Corsair H100i AIO | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB | HDD: Seagate Ironwolf 8TB + 2x Seagate Ironwolf 6TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have two contracts, a license contract for the brand name (and .de domain) in all German speaking areas, And a content contract. This was one of the contitions from Purch for the license, to have continued access to my CPU and VGA stuff. But Avram never moved anything over. I served them all this things on a silver platter, but no chance against all this Lego, laptop and Just-buy-it things. The Avangers are simply stronger than AMD, it's a fact :D

 

Compare our very different thinking about testing or reviewing by yourself:

 

Avram:

I've Tested Hundreds of Laptops. Here's Why I Bought a ThinkPad X1 Carbon

 

Igor:

PNY PrevailPro P4000 Laptop Review: Quadro Workstation Power, Consumer Chassis

 

He is really testing? Or only unboxing? One of my friends has tested on the same way (and more in-depth) thousands (!) of laptops, because he is working as QM and Dev in a big OEM/ODM factory. But don't call this unboxing things and Buy It! arcticles a review. :D

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×