Gtx 1080ti vs RTX 2080ti @ 3440x1440 100hz

Holmes2468
1 minute ago, Motifator said:

Not a day and night difference, it's more for the last drop of performance you can get out of the card.

So there shouldn't be much of a difference with a FTW3 card with REF clock speeds and the $800 FTW3 with about 90hz avg difference? 

Just now, Holmes2468 said:

So there shouldn't be much of a difference with a FTW3 card with REF clock speeds and the $800 FTW3 with about 90hz avg difference? 

Like the above poster mentioned, since you will overclock X GPU or Y GPU yourself over their stock clocks, and since you're not buying into the ref, nope.

Not that I'd suggest a 1080 Ti now. I had three and because of an alignment problem with the mounting of the waterblock for the last one I caused, and because my impatient ass couldn't wait, ordered the fourth card which will come in a few days...

Like the above poster mentioned, since you will overclock X GPU or Y GPU yourself over their stock clocks, and since you're not buying into the ref, nope.

Not that I'd suggest a 1080 Ti now. I had three and because of an alignment problem with the mounting of the waterblock for the last one I caused, and because my impatient ass couldn't wait, ordered the fourth card which will come in a few days...

I never overclocked a GPU before. I always left it to the factory overclocks

I never overclocked a GPU before. I always left it to the factory overclocks

It's a very easy procedure that doesn't take too much more than bringing a slider from left to right. I'd suggest doing so unless you have some serious overheating issues going on, which you likely don't. Should help with going for the finest detail / framerate a bit.

10 hours ago, Holmes2468 said:

I'm currently using a GTX 1080 at a 3440x1440 @100 refresh. I like a little of bells and whistles turned on but my frame rates in games like GTA V, Farcry, Home front and Just Cause 3 is at a constant 42 to 57fps. 

I would like to get my refresh closer or past 60 fps. I had thought about pre ordering a RTX 2080ti FE and I had debated on just getting a 1080ti. What would be the best bang for the buck? I like the idea of Ray tracing and most likely the 2080ti will be a improvement over the 1080ti. 

what CPU and ram speed that also effects GPU FPS now days.

23 hours ago, Jaggsta said:

8700k Ram speed is 3200mhz

23 hours ago, Jaggsta said:

I also did a 3d mark with DX12 and I got 40 to 50 fps. I ordered 1080ti and I'm waiting fir the next ti card since the new 2080ti is a rebadged Titan card. 

44 minutes ago, Holmes2468 said:

I ordered 1080ti and I'm waiting fir the next ti card since the new 2080ti is a rebadged Titan card. 

Except you could have waited a bit and picked up a 2080, which would have still been a much better choice... and no, the 2080 Ti is NOT a rebadged Titan.

5 hours ago, Motifator said:

Except you could have waited a bit and picked up a 2080, which would have still been a much better choice... and no, the 2080 Ti is NOT a rebadged Titan.

Um... Yes it is. 

It's NOT a rebadged Titan V, the entire thing is different. If that's what he's saying, then he's wrong as hell.

It's NOT a rebadged Titan V, the entire thing is different. If that's what he's saying, then he's wrong as hell.

Look at the price point of the 2080ti and the titan XP. They are exactly the same price. 

Entirely different architectures, entirely different cards. They're not even remotely close to each other. Price alone doesn't make two things the same.

10 minutes ago, Motifator said:

Entirely different architectures, entirely different cards. They're not even remotely close to each other. Price alone doesn't make two things the same.

We don't know that. Which is the point I was making. There are no benchmarks. Wait for benchmarks.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

1 minute ago, JoostinOnline said:

We don't know that. Which is the point I was making. There are no benchmarks. Wait for benchmarks.

Yes we do know that. The 2080 Ti IS NOT a renamed Titan XP, the whole thing is different from what Nvidia displayed. The architecture is Turing and it can ray trace on a hardware level. Anybody who thinks the 2080 Ti is a rebadged Titan XP is seriously a fool.

On 8/24/2018 at 12:26 PM, Holmes2468 said:

I'm currently using a GTX 1080 at a 3440x1440 @100 refresh. I like a little of bells and whistles turned on but my frame rates in games like GTA V, Farcry, Home front and Just Cause 3 is at a constant 42 to 57fps. 

I would like to get my refresh closer or past 60 fps. I had thought about pre ordering a RTX 2080ti FE and I had debated on just getting a 1080ti. What would be the best bang for the buck? I like the idea of Ray tracing and most likely the 2080ti will be a improvement over the 1080ti. 

I have a 1080 Ti with 3440x1440 75Hz. I can't even play R6S at max settings, so the 2080 Ti would be your GPU of choice

3 hours ago, Holmes2468 said:

Look at the price point of the 2080ti and the titan XP. They are exactly the same price. 

2080 Ti has a newer architecture and should be at least 30% faster than the 1080 Ti. The TItan XP is literally 3-5% faster than the 1080 Ti. Do NOT get ANY titans

First Computer: 3440x1440 @75Hz ROG STRIX 1080 Ti Core i5 8600K @ 1.415V @ 5.08 GHz Corsair Spec 02 EVGA CLC 280mm

16 minutes ago, CatTNT said:

I have a 1080 Ti with 3440x1440 75Hz. I can't even play R6S at max settings, so the 2080 Ti would be your GPU of choice

I had already ordered a 1080ti from newegg. 

IF you're on the fence then wait for benchmarks before you buy anything.

If you want to buy a 1080Ti go for a version with 2 or 3 fans.

Personally I'd say wait a few more weeks before you buy and see what the benchmarks tell you.

If you want to buy the 2080ti for raytracing, then I'd say wait till the 2180ti is released and buy that one instead. Hopefully some actual games that support it will be out by then.

Preferably buy it from a store that is not called Newegg, unless you want to support companies that pretend laws don't apply to them.

AMD 5900x, 2x16GB ( G.skill F4-3600C16 ), Radeon VII, Radeon 570,  Corsair 1200i , SSD 240/500GB, HDD 640GB,1TB,5TB, 1TB NVME. Lian li 011Dyanmic XL, big ass LTT mouse-pad & stealth water bottle

5 minutes ago, Marko Fowles said:

Preferably buy it from a store that is not called Newegg, unless you want to support companies that pretend laws don't apply to them.

I'm aware of the fiasco between the Egg and HardOcp, and a few other things, but I think you mean this thread:

7 minutes ago, Motifator said:

I'm aware of the fiasco between the Egg and HardOcp, and a few other things, but I think you mean this thread:

Egg and HardOcp?
Is that a reference to newegg selling fake intel cpu's in 2010 or am I missing something ?

And yeah that would be the lovely illegal practice that I was referring too.

AMD 5900x, 2x16GB ( G.skill F4-3600C16 ), Radeon VII, Radeon 570,  Corsair 1200i , SSD 240/500GB, HDD 640GB,1TB,5TB, 1TB NVME. Lian li 011Dyanmic XL, big ass LTT mouse-pad & stealth water bottle

Just now, Marko Fowles said:

Egg and HardOcp?
Is that a reference to newegg selling fake intel cpu's in 2010 or am I missing something ?

And yeah that would be the lovely illegal practice that I was referring too.

I was actually referring to them ignoring giving HardOcp advertisement links because they taught it wasn't gonna make them enough money, but yes there was a fake CPU thing as well.

1 hour ago, Motifator said:

Yes we do know that. The 2080 Ti IS NOT a renamed Titan XP, the whole thing is different from what Nvidia displayed. The architecture is Turing and it can ray trace on a hardware level. Anybody who thinks the 2080 Ti is a rebadged Titan XP is seriously a fool.

I didn't say they were the same, but we don't know they are entirely different. Architectures aren't always that different. Stop pretending you know anything about how it runs.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Just now, JoostinOnline said:

I didn't say they were the same, but we don't know they are entirely different. Architectures aren't always that different. Stop pretending you know anything about how it runs.

We actually do, it IS a different architecture... are you even aware of the inherit differences between Turing and Pascal? I suggest you to go back to the drawing board and do a bit of more research.

You can yell "BUT YOU DON'T KNOW HOW IT ALL PERFORMS LIKE" as much as you like, however, we do know it's a different than Pascal.

So... Wait for the benchmarks and get the 2080ti or get the EVGA 1080ti FTW3 DT while its on sale for $629? 

Do you want it now or not? Don’t see the point is asking when it’s you that knows what you want. Wait months or get something within a week? 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

1 minute ago, Mick Naughty said:

Do you want it now or not? Don’t see the point is asking when it’s you that knows what you want. Wait months or get something within a week? 

I'm not asking you. The issue is that I cannot decide. 

I'm not asking you. The issue is that I cannot decide. 

Regardless it’s what you want. It’s alwaya gonna 50/50 with crap like this. Maybe add a poll if that’s what’s gonna help you decide. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz