Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Aomei free backupper: Good free home solution backup

https://www.aomeitech.com/ab/standard-edition.html?ref=en.nav.backup-software

Macrium Reflect 7 free home: Another good and reliable free home solution backup

https://www.macrium.com/reflectfree

Shotcut: One of the best free open source video editing. No watermark and a lot of features for free!

https://www.shotcut.org/

Sidebar Diagnostics (PC Info Tool)

Is a great tool that will show on your main screen info about your CPU, GPU, RAM, Storage and Netwerk.

You can customize a lot like what you want and don't want to show and much more.

1. Free
  2. Light cpu usage
  3. Comes in most native languages
  4. Customization

Sidebar.jpg

CPU Intel i5 8600k | Motherboard Asus Prime Z370-A | RAM Corsair 4 x 8 GB 3600 MHz | GPU Asus ROG STRIX-GTX1080-8G-Gaming

Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB | Samsung 960 EVO 500 GB | Samsung  860 EVO 1 TB | Case Fractal Design Meshify C

This one might be a bit more Niche, but I recommend Samsung Flow. It allows you to not only get ALL the notifications you would get onto your phone. It also has a feature that the native Windows Phone connection thing, lacks majorly. It allows for you to remote into your phone, so it would be a good way to screen record your phone. It also allows you to transfer data between the PC and the phone over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. It is of course Samsung only, but it works wonderfully.

https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/apps/samsung-flow/

My Humble Budget Build

• CPU
    Ryzen 5 2600
  • Motherboard
    ASUS B450M
  • RAM
    T-Force 16GB 3000mhz DDR4
  • GPU
    Powercolor Red Dragon Rx580 4GB
  • Case
    Rosewill ATX Mid-Tower
  • Storage
    1 X WD 1TB HDD
    1 X Seagate 2TB HDD
    1 Silicon Power 256gb SSD
  • PSU
    EVGA850 BQ
  • Display(s)
    HP 1920 X 1080 Monitor
    Acer SB220Q bi 21.5 inches Full HD
    Acer 1440 X 900 Monitor
  • Cooling
    Enermax Liqmax III
    1 120mm Rosewill Case fan
  • Keyboard
    Corsair K68 RGB Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Sound
    Insignia Computer Speakers
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Ultimate

I would like to recomend ARGUS monitor.
It is much like speedfan, but unlike speedfan it actually works on new systems.
It can control any fan header with any temperature sensor, and thus makes for a rather convenient piece of software to keep your temperatures in check.
It costs money, but the free trial did last me several months before i bought it.
It wasn't expensive, and i bought it because it actually works better than anything out there.

I would like to recommend LittleBigMouse which is a free piece of software that allows you to align two different resolution monitors in windows. For example in my setup my ultrawide is much higher resolution than my secondary monitor which causes the scaling when rearranging the monitor positions to be wrong in windows settings as shown below. This  means that the mouse moves and down when moving between the monitors and if you try and cross the mouse at the top or bottom of the screens you may get an 'invisible wall' that stops the mouse from moving. This is especially annoying when you have two monitors that are almost identical in height. All that I had to do in my case was download LittleBigMouse from here on GitHub and run it and tick the enable box and run at startup and press enable then close it and forget about it in the system tray. As a bonus it is very light on resources only using around 150MB of RAM and usually 0 to 1% CPU usage in task manager when in the background.

Link to about it:

https://github.com/mgth/LittleBigMouse/wiki

Downloads:

https://github.com/mgth/LittleBigMouse/releases

LittleBigMouse.PNG

Main PC Specs:

- CPU i7-5930K @4.4GHz, MOBO Asus X99 Deluxe U/3.1, RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400MHz DDR4 (4x8GB), GPU Zotac GEFORCE GTX 1070 Mini, STORAGE Samsung 850 EVO (500GB) + WD RED (2TB) + WD BLUE (2TB), COOLER Kraken X62, PSU Corsair HX1000i, CASE Master Case Pro 5

Peripherals:

- MONITORS Acer XR342CK (3440x1440 75Hz) + Asus VG278Q (1920x1080 144Hz GSYNC), KEYBOARD Corsair K70 RGB, MOUSE Logitech MX Master 2S & Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum & Logitech G403, MIC Blue YetiHEADPHONES Audio Technica ATH-M50x

Main Laptop (HP Omen 17-CB005NA)

- CPU i7-9750HRAM 16GB 2666MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2x8GB Dual Channel), GPU NVIDIA GEFORE RTX 2060DISPLAY 17.3" IPS Display (1920x1080 144Hz), STORAGE Samsung M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD (512GB) + Seagate Barracuda Pro 7200RPM HDD (1TB)

HTPC:

- CPU i5-4570, MOBO Asus H81M-PLUS, RAM 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR3, GPU Asus Pheonix GEFORCE GTX 1050 TiSOUND CARD Creative Sound Blaster ZSTORAGE Samsung 840 EVO (250GB) + WD Blue HDD (1TB), COOLER Intel Stock Cooler, PSU Novatech 500W PSU, CASE Novatech Stealth Case.

Peripherals:

DISPLAY 47" LG Smart TV (1920x1080 60Hz), KEYBOARD Corsair K63, MOUSE Logitech G602, SPEAKERS LG 5.1 Surround Sound System

Backup Laptop (Asus FX503VM-EN184T):

- CPU i5-7300HQRAM 16GB 2400MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2x8GB Dual Channel), GPU NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1060 3GBDISPLAY 15.6" TN Dispay (1920x1080 120Hz),STORAGE SK Hynix M.2 SATA SSD (256GB) + WD Black 7200RPM HDD (1TB)

NAS/Plex Machine:

- CPU i5-6400, MOBO Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2H, RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4, GPU EVGA GEFORCE GTX 980 Ti SC+ with Arctic Accelero Xtreme III, STORAGE SanDisk SSD Plus (120GB) + 2x WD Red HDD (4TB), COOLER Intel Stock Cooler, PSU Corsair 500W, CASE Thermaltake Versa H17