What should "Person A" buy or do with $750

virtualgamer425

Person A has $750. What should he do? Buy a new prebuilt pc, build a pc, buy a laptop, buy an old pc and add on to it or buy an oem and add on to it??? What is your answer??

5 minutes ago, virtualgamer425 said:

Person A has $750. What should he do? Buy a new prebuilt pc, build a pc, buy a laptop, buy an old pc and add on to it or buy an oem and add on to it??? What is your answer??

I'm just going to assume it's going to be a gaming PC. Buy a old OEM Workstation PC with a Xeon and add a GPU to it.

REMILIA Mk.IIIE CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X, Cooler: Arctic Freezer II 240 (Noctua NT-H2), RAM: 4x 8Gb sticks of Patriot Viper Steel Series 3600 CL17, Mobo: AsRock X570 Taichi, GPU: Inno3D RTX 3080 iChill x4 10G, Storage: 1TB Intel 670p NVME SSD boot drive, a few 1TB and 512gb SATA/NVME SSDs for game storage, 6 hard drives 1-4 TB, PSU: Corsair RM750 MY2019, Case: Cooler Master Mastercase 5 MC500 (with add-ons, Noctua NF-A14 and Arctic P14 fans), PCIE Cards: Cheap Chinese Marvell 88SE9215 4 port SATA card, Sonnet Allegro USB3.2 Card Monitors: ViewSonic Elite XG270QC (165hz, 1ms MPRT, 1440p, VA, Freesync PP, pneumatic stand), Hp Z27n (IPS, 60hz, 1440p, 8Ms), iiyama G2530HSU-B (75Hz, Freesync, one in landscape, one in Portrait, all on pneumatic monitor stands).

Mic: iSK UPM-1 USB XLR interface with Neewer NW700, Audio: Sabaj A3 160W DAC/AMP + Wharfdale Diamond 220 + Mission MS6 Sub, ifi Zen DAC v2 + ifi Zen CAN, Littledot Mk.II (w/ Soviet Power tubes and British Mulard M8100s/Soviet Voshkod 6JP-EV/ American General Electric JAN 5654W dependent on mood), Sendy Aiva (Primary), Beyer Dynamic DT990 250ohm Black Special Edition, Audeze EL-8 Open Back, Sennheiser HD598SE (modified to be a headset, snapped headband held together with gorilla tape), Mouse: SteelSeries Rival 600, Keyboard: Glorious GMMK ISO with Mengmoda MMD Tactile (main) and Kailh Box Navy (Function keys), Tribosys 3203 brush lubed, Taihao Green forest caps.

KOAKUMA Mk.IB (24/7 Folding Slave PC made of spare parts): CPU: Core i7 4770, Cooler: Some small antex cooler with 80mm fan, RAM: 2x 4Gb Sticks of 2400Mhz DDR3, Mobo: Asus H81i-Plus, GPU: R9 390 Nitro+ (barely fits in case), Storage: 256gb Korean no-name SATA SSD, PSU: Corsair CX550 (Gray label), Case: Antec ISK600 ITX case. [Given away to friend]

3 minutes ago, ConspiracyTheory said:

Buy H&K USP Compact B|

CZ-75

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

Has "Person A" stolen the $750?

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

On 8/23/2018 at 10:30 AM, Origami Cactus said:

What does the person A right now uses for a pc?

A old dell laptop with windows vista

On 8/23/2018 at 10:41 AM, FloRolf said:

Has "Person A" stolen the $750?

Nope!! why 

On 8/23/2018 at 10:34 AM, Firewrath9 said:

what does person A want to do?

You have to help him decide

On 8/23/2018 at 10:39 AM, jmoles said:

Invest in Humus. 

YEah broo

Person A should put it in the bank and not spend it. 

2 hours ago, fpo said:

Person A should put it in the bank and not spend it. 

Person A should put it in MY bank. xD

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

On 8/23/2018 at 11:28 AM, virtualgamer425 said:

What should he do?

@virtualgamer425 He should slowly buy PC parts and over time build a gaming PC. If done patiently, $750 can build a $1000 gaming PC. Especially if person A has years experience with eBay. Insane deals on PC parts(especially GPU's and CPU's) come and go daily on eBay. And I'm talking brand new parts.

10 hours ago, A Random Dude said:

@virtualgamer425 He should slowly buy PC parts and over time build a gaming PC. If done patiently, $750 can build a $1000 gaming PC. Especially if person A has years experience with eBay. Insane deals on PC parts(especially GPU's and CPU's) come and go daily on eBay. And I'm talking brand new parts.

This is a great idea! 

Why Are We Still Here? Just to Suffer?

In my experience, Investing on a moderately fine I5 and relying on its IGPU for a while until he rises the money for a beast GPU would be the best option. Intel IGPUs are quite capable this times, I manage myself with an I3 7100 for fortnite at low settings, but it reaches 60 fps no sweat! but, as with the other responses, it depends, for CAD work is better to have beast IPCs so investing on a nicer CPU is better on that scenario.

Actually, that depends on the person's choice or What is his requirement? Nowadays there are so many options of PC's and Laptops available in the market under $750. For example, you can buy ASUS VivoBook F510UA. It's an amazing laptop with amazing configuration in this price range.

Person A should donate it to Person B who only has an electronic potato and no computer.

I volunteer to become Person B

"Aeneas troianus est."

I'm allergic to social interaction in real life, don't talk to me in real life please.

don't forget to quote or tag (@marten.aap2.0) me when you reply!

Why declare a variable if its the only one? hehehe.

Anyway depends on what the use is for the computer on what you buy.

notebook nice and portable. but less performance and/or higher prices.

prebuilt is nice stable (most of the time) but can be hard to upgrade if smalle form factor.

Building yourself might be cheapest but can give some issues, if you havent done it before.

Old PC's are probably the cheapest option but can have issues upgrading.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

On 25/08/2018 at 6:33 AM, virtualgamer425 said:

You have to help him decide

Uhm use it to read TXT documents and give person A and icecream since he can use his old Dell notebook?

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

id buy another motorbike probably

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

On 8/26/2018 at 12:20 PM, A Random Dude said:

4 years, an a10 6800k, 8gb of ddr3, 1tb wd blue, and a 750ti turned into my R7 1700 @ 4ghz, 16GB 3000mhz ddr4, 2x 128gb ssd's 3.16TB of HDD storage and a hybrid 1080.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

On 27/8/2018 at 7:58 AM, DXTN said:

In my experience, Investing on a moderately fine I5 and relying on its IGPU for a while until he rises the money for a beast GPU would be the best option. Intel IGPUs are quite capable this times, I manage myself with an I3 7100 for fortnite at low settings, but it reaches 60 fps no sweat! but, as with the other responses, it depends, for CAD work is better to have beast IPCs so investing on a nicer CPU is better on that scenario.

Intel IGPUs are pretty capable, mate there's this thing called Ryzen APU's, gonna BLOW-YOUR-MIND.

All persons (A through Z) should Paypal me that $750.

Serious answer:  Buy used and upgrade, or build your own with new components and a good used GPU.