It takes 4 minutes to boot my pc and I'm fed up with it ($10usd if u can fix my problem)

Spuddy0108

The wd thing comes from windows defender. When you google any of the "not_loaded" errors you will find multiple forum threads about people complaining of long windows boot times in relation to these errors. The thing they have in common is that there is never any solution other than a format.

1 hour ago, Spuddy0108 said:

The wd thing comes from windows defender. When you google any of the "not_loaded" errors you will find multiple forum threads about people complaining of long windows boot times in relation to these errors. The thing they have in common is that there is never any solution other than a format.

Well, if it comes from Windows Defender - why you just don't disable it? It's not as easy as in win7 or win8.1, but is possible.

if it is windows defender that is blocking the loading time , then try this file

its a reg edit to disable windows defender complete ( on domain level basicly )

so first disable windows defender on the normal way

then open this reg file and add it to your register

i add 2 files , one to disable and one to enable

please note

use at own risk , 

after it is done , let me know if the boot goes faster or not :D (hope it does )

Greets From Powerchaos

Turn_On_Windows_Defender.reg

Turn_Off_Windows_Defender.reg

If you see strange text like this

then you can be sure I use a mobile.

All info provided is to help you. I can not garantee That iT is 100% correct. Apply my solution at OWN risk. Just like overclocking has everything a risk

glad to help you

greets from PowerChaos

1 hour ago, PowerChaos said:

if it is windows defender that is blocking the loading time , then try this file

its a reg edit to disable windows defender complete ( on domain level basicly )

so first disable windows defender on the normal way

then open this reg file and add it to your register

i add 2 files , one to disable and one to enable

please note

use at own risk , 

after it is done , let me know if the boot goes faster or not :D (hope it does )

Greets From Powerchaos

Turn_On_Windows_Defender.reg

Turn_Off_Windows_Defender.reg

I said that is not that easy, because Microsoft put more and more services every version of win10 that users must fight with if they want do something... hmmm... not what Microsoft wants. :)

Windows Defender now has few more services, not just one, but still - registry entry should disable what is needed for this test.

More here: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/110230-enable-disable-windows-defender-security-center-windows-10-a.html

and probably in few more places if you want to control all Defender services. Defender these days defend himself more than users against viruses. :)

25 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

I said that is not that easy, because Microsoft put more and more services every version of win10 that users must fight with if they want do something... hmmm... not what Microsoft wants. :)

Windows Defender now has few more services, not just one, but still - registry entry should disable what is needed for this test.

More here: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/110230-enable-disable-windows-defender-security-center-windows-10-a.html

and probably in few more places if you want to control all Defender services. Defender these days defend himself more than users against viruses. :)

The link you provided is the same as my files

i think they came from there xD ( some time ago )

if I also read it correctly they still say to just run that file to disable everything 

so far what I can see is that defender turns itself back on after 1 hour if disabled

the Reg hack adds a value so it get disabled on domain level instead user level

and then it can not turn back on ( missing rights )

So it keeps it fully disabled xD

greets from PowerChaos 

All info provided is to help you. I can not garantee That iT is 100% correct. Apply my solution at OWN risk. Just like overclocking has everything a risk

glad to help you

greets from PowerChaos

Check other services that begins with "windows defender..." in services.msc.

Disabled the registry key but still no luck. There are several windows defender services running but they cannot be changed. The options are just greyed out. 46d28e68d758b88db7e2d14af86cbc6e.png

That what I was talking about. Disabling them is difficult (but not impossible, I just don't remember where I found all that informations, but I have them disabled).

Ok so this doesnt solve iT eather

lets try a other test then

Lets start building until we get the problem xD

can you run a vm and do a clean install On it

after That reboot the vm a couple Times and see If the boot get slower Or not

then install 1 of your programs you use ( 1 at the time ) and reboot a couple times after each program Or driver install

keep repeating this until iT goes slower Or That everything is installed

wirh slower I mean 5 seconds or longer 

as it can go a few seconds slower after driver install

after this is done let it run for a couple days. So you see if it goes slower or not over time

if it goes slower then. Then you can start removing the drivers first ( back to win drivers ) and remove programs on the same way as before until it is back fast

on that way we should be able to pinpoint the software problem

as I still think it is driver related ( com from hw to sw )

i know  it is a long way to debug. 

But so far I am out of options to pinpoint the problem remote

to really debug I need a rdp connection or physical acces :(

greets from PowerChaos

glad to help you

greets from PowerChaos

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/measure-boot-time-windows

https://www.pcsteps.com/921-measure-windows-boot-time/

Maybe different type of searching where problem is. I know, PowerChaos, your method may work, but is so tiring.

I give these links as examples, don't check these programs yet, but I remember one program I use years ago that can measure whole boot process and every elements. Now we must only find that kind of program. :)

Other links:

https://helgeklein.com/blog/2013/07/analyzing-a-slow-boot-with-windows-performance-recorder-analyzer/

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/mspfe/2012/09/19/measure-boot-performance-with-the-windows-assessment-and-deployment-toolkit/

6 hours ago, homeap5 said:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/measure-boot-time-windows

https://www.pcsteps.com/921-measure-windows-boot-time/

Maybe different type of searching where problem is. I know, PowerChaos, your method may work, but is so tiring.

I give these links as examples, don't check these programs yet, but I remember one program I use years ago that can measure whole boot process and every elements. Now we must only find that kind of program. :)

Other links:

https://helgeklein.com/blog/2013/07/analyzing-a-slow-boot-with-windows-performance-recorder-analyzer/

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/mspfe/2012/09/19/measure-boot-performance-with-the-windows-assessment-and-deployment-toolkit/

I tried bootracer. All it does is measure the time for each phase eg. Post - windows preload - sign in(if enabled) - load startup programs. As suspected my problem lies with windows preload, it takes 221 seconds. But it doesn't tell you at which bit it hangs.

I also ran sfc scannow but the test was 100% successful, no problems found: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

7 hours ago, PowerChaos said:

Ok so this doesnt solve iT eather

lets try a other test then

Lets start building until we get the problem xD

can you run a vm and do a clean install On it

after That reboot the vm a couple Times and see If the boot get slower Or not

then install 1 of your programs you use ( 1 at the time ) and reboot a couple times after each program Or driver install

keep repeating this until iT goes slower Or That everything is installed

wirh slower I mean 5 seconds or longer 

as it can go a few seconds slower after driver install

after this is done let it run for a couple days. So you see if it goes slower or not over time

if it goes slower then. Then you can start removing the drivers first ( back to win drivers ) and remove programs on the same way as before until it is back fast

on that way we should be able to pinpoint the software problem

as I still think it is driver related ( com from hw to sw )

i know  it is a long way to debug. 

But so far I am out of options to pinpoint the problem remote

to really debug I need a rdp connection or physical acces :(

greets from PowerChaos

At that point I might as well do a format which i think might be the best solution after all this.

Homeap5 and Powerchaos, pm me your paypal and i send something for the trouble. Appreciate the help

Come on. And what if problem returns like you said at first post?

Try other programs that measure boot with more details.

@Spuddy0108

The format is indeed the easy option at this point

but the problem keeps returning after a couple days

so thats those vm test basicly

like @homeap5 says

the vm solution is going take some time , but it will definally find the problem with out the hassle of rebooting your own pc (and can do a lot of things quicker )

but you could also try some programs to see what program is pre loading

but based on the boot log it are 3 programs to be exactly

first one is WD ( seems to be windows defender ) 

the second is a kinda proxy (ntproxy ) 

and last one is DXG

if you look at the boot log , it keeps saying Not_Loaded and it keeps repeating

that part means that windows get into a loop until it loads or that it stops the loop as it can not load those

so something is doing that , and asking windows to pre load those stuff

only way to find out is by doing a step by step methode to see at what point is is causing it

now i got also a other nice solution if you want to do a quick format

as it seems it takes a couple of days you could do this one

a program called Deep Freeze

or the following 

https://horizondatasys.com/reboot-restore-rx-freeware/

so install everything , check for sure that it boots fast

then install above program

let it make a snapshot

and now every time you reboot windows revert back to the snapshot ( ok , startup time is a little bit slower , but still not 4 minutes like now )

only downside

if you do not use steam to store savegames and do not use a second drive for your files , you lose it over and over again ( point of that program xD )

Greets From Powerchaos

glad to help you

greets from PowerChaos

Too late. I just ordered an 8th gen 8700k and a tuf motherboard.

The problem most likely lies with all the anti privacy measures i did to prevent microsoft spying on me. Spybot antibeacon, followed by destroy windows10 spying, then windows10donotspy and O&O shutup10. And then some manual commands in powershell for good measure. They all run fine until windows comes with an update that conflicts with one of them and screw things up which it wouldn't surprise me if they did it on purpose.

Anyway, thank you so much for your time and effort in trying to solve my problem. If it ever comes back on the new system i know who to contact :)

Meanwhile, I await your PM

23 hours ago, Spuddy0108 said:

Too late. I just ordered an 8th gen 8700k and a tuf motherboard.

The problem most likely lies with all the anti privacy measures i did to prevent microsoft spying on me. Spybot antibeacon, followed by destroy windows10 spying, then windows10donotspy and O&O shutup10. And then some manual commands in powershell for good measure. They all run fine until windows comes with an update that conflicts with one of them and screw things up which it wouldn't surprise me if they did it on purpose.

Anyway, thank you so much for your time and effort in trying to solve my problem. If it ever comes back on the new system i know who to contact :)

Meanwhile, I await your PM

Ah, one more thing!

When you get your 8700k try to not reinstall your system. Boot your old system, wait for drivers update and check if problem still exists.

This may be interesting.

Some of Windows "antispyware" software are nice, some are sort of dirty hacks.

O&O is quite safe, since is using only registry and other normal system modifications and deep-covered settings. But others can even hack or remove some files - and that may be the reason, of course.