AMAZON HAS THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE - SHARE YOUR STORY

FUNNY THING: I contacted AMAZON.CA and told them that the performance of the threadripper was not as I expected (after 2 months of having the CPU) - The system was slow in opening apps etc. when compared to my previous i7-4790k setup.

The AMAZON rep was soo00o nice and gave me a full refund for both my CPU and Motherboard (~$1700) and told me that I DON'T EVEN HAVE TO SEND THE CPU AND MOTHERBOARD BACK!

This type of customer service is unbeatable in the tech world (on the other hand bestbuy and canada computers have the shittiest return policies)

Screenshot_20180821-205802_Gmail - Copy.jpg

Requested a refund on a used CD set that was missing two of the four CDs on an order that was fulfilled by Amazon, within not even a day of shipping that package (basically, once it got to Georgia from Alabama), I got my money back.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Asked them for a refund on a product that was crap and they denied.

Elemental 

Spoiler

Intel i5 6500 @3.8ghz - 8GB HyperX - 600w Apex PSU - GTX 1060 G1 GIGABYTE 6GB - s340 Black - 240gb Toshiba Q300 - Cooler master TX3i - MSI z170-A PRO.

Old Build (sold for 290€)

Spoiler

Intel i3 540 @ 3.9ghz (On stock cooler, Hits 80c max) - 8gb ram - 500w power supply - P7H55-M LE  120gb SSD - Talius Drakko case

Project Frug 50$ Water loop

Laptops

Spoiler

13" Macbook Air - Alienware m14x r2 -  2009 15" Macbook Pro (I was give all of these and would never buy them myself)

2 minutes ago, Julian5 said:

Asked them for a refund on a product that was crap and they denied.

really, I am surprised. are you a prime member?

Just now, Jobinmatt said:

really, I am surprised. are you a prime member?

No, Not to worry though it was cheap and I am happy enough with amazons fast same day shipping, If only that would be the case with ebay chinesium parts

Elemental 

Spoiler

Intel i5 6500 @3.8ghz - 8GB HyperX - 600w Apex PSU - GTX 1060 G1 GIGABYTE 6GB - s340 Black - 240gb Toshiba Q300 - Cooler master TX3i - MSI z170-A PRO.

Old Build (sold for 290€)

Spoiler

Intel i3 540 @ 3.9ghz (On stock cooler, Hits 80c max) - 8gb ram - 500w power supply - P7H55-M LE  120gb SSD - Talius Drakko case

Project Frug 50$ Water loop

Laptops

Spoiler

13" Macbook Air - Alienware m14x r2 -  2009 15" Macbook Pro (I was give all of these and would never buy them myself)

in before @Amazonsucks salt 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I've had a few instances where I've received something broken, or with opening packaging, and they say I can just keep the item and they ship me a new one.

While stuff like this is awesome, it also makes it hard for sellers and raises prices. So it's a mixed blessing.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I've never had to return anything... But I love the one day shipping. I got my Sony XB950N1's a day later I ordered them. OooommmoooooO

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

i would post screens of my 3 attempts at buying a server rack but its enough to make a harry potter novel look like a short story xD .

TLDR ordered first 25u rack first shipping company wrecked it amazon was great

ordered 2nd rack same day as first showed up damaged it shows up a week-ish later with fork lift holes in it  looks like a pretzel , amazon says to bring it to  fedex who was the shipper . they wanted hundreds to crate it , it came in a cardboard box  amazon says to dispose of it since return shipping isnt happening . fedex is still fighting this last i heard months later .

3rd rack was thur the company that made it [rosewill] thur amazon and guess what ups did ripped the box open lost the screws and other bits / front/back braces . took much longer to return but amazon was great again. it showed up at my door a few days later after i returned it since the box had ripped again its still in my shed what came back .

on a side note when i was on one of the calls with amazon,me and either fedex/ups as a joke i told them i ordered another why dont you just throw it from the plane at 25,000 feet since im over the flight path to JFK it might make it to me in one piece they got real mad like refusing to talk to me or deliver things to me , at this point i had over 400$ stuck in limbo due to the refunds .

but amazon's delivery service is the best at common sense .its heavy raining where do you put a small 6x10in box that has on it do not get wet electronics all over it , in the huge mailbox you have to walk past to the front of the house or in front of the house where the water is pour onto from the roof . sadly that HBA card was a underwater type when i got home . but amazon gave me back my money before it was even mailed back .

main rig

Spoiler

corsair 750d | evga 1000w g2 | Gigabyte x99 soc champ | 5820k 4.0GHz | 1tb wd blue | 250gb samsung 840 evo  | Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB 8x2 DDR4-2400 | MSI GTX 970 x2 | monitor Acer B286HK 28" 4K | razor chroma blackwidow  | razor death adder chroma

CENTOS 7 SERVER (PLEX&docker stuff)

Spoiler

NZXT s220 | evga 500w 80+ | AMD FX 8320e | ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 | 2x8gb non ecc ddr3 WD red 2TBx2 | seagate 160gb microcenter 8gb flashdrive OS

I ordered a 4gb DDR4 RAM stick. It was a day late so they sent me another one as an apology. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AX1600i owner. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_GMev0EwK37J3zZL98zIqF-OSBuHlFEHmrc_SPuYsjs/edit?usp=sharing My WIP Power Supply Guide.

20 minutes ago, QuantumElement said:

I ordered a 4gb DDR4 RAM stick. It was a day late so they sent me another one as an apology. 

Really I'm surprised. Amazon I have to say does ship very well even in other developing countries like India. The number of items that are available for one day shipping is less but most of us don't really mind. If amazon says 4-7 day shipping I get it on the 3rd or 4th day which is great compared to other online retailers in India. I have got back refunds for numerous shitty products on the same or next day. Heck, once I needed a package urgently and the courier delivered it at 9:30 pm in the night on time. He said amazon tells couriers to make sure they deliver it at least 2-3 days before the due date.

I have had nothing but great customer service from amazon

last year I bought a 1080ti a week before the free destiny 2 offer came out...I called them and asked if I could be included in the offer and they credited my account with £40

Same here, so I bought a monitor from Amazon, and about 6 months later I dropped it and the screen shattered. Called Amazon to see if there was anything I could do and they returned it for a full refund! Didn't even ask for that.

I've had a few misfires with Amazon and have gotten replacements for things I wanted without even having to return the original. Every return type issue I've had with Newegg required time out of my day to go into town. There's a reason I seldom use the egg anymore.

Ohno.. I just realized something.

If you complain at Amazon about something petty, you get something back for it, lie free credit, stuff, refund, whatever.. this is why everyone is doing this in retail stores and making their job harder.

Amazon is catering to whiny clientele, which is the majority of all shoppers!

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I've had mostly amazing service from them including refunds and etc,  however, there was one instance where I tried ordering their monitor arm that never came 3 times over after chatting with the reps.

their logging system does need some work cuz that's a huge sign that its keeping track if the item is actually there vs what the computer says

Look at all the Amazon bots pretending to be real people!
/s

I shop where I can get best prices. 95% of time Amazon is not that place. And not to mention that UK/Germany Amazon doesn't always offer shipping.

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

I'm constantlly amazed by the number of people claiming Amazon has the best customer service. Except for e-books, I stopped doing business with Amazon because of their lousy customer service a few years ago. Their customer service agents are non-English speakers, idiots, bots, or a combination of two or more of these based on many of the moronic responses I got from them.

I have received the wrong merchandise, sometimes repeatedly. Apparently, the people who put away and pick products don't bother to visually check products.

I have received numerous shipments that arrived broken because their packers (who are so half-arsed they must get twice the wear from a toilet seat) don't use adequate and/or appropriate dunnage when packing orders.

Amazon's own carrier is a joke that damages shipments, often misrouted them, resulting in late deliveries, and sometimes misdelivers them. My shipping address is a commercial address, a UPS store on the outside corner of a busy strip mall. One of their delivery drivers dropped a package after 8 PM at the door of the store, two hours after the store had closed. It was a miracle the package was still there in the morning when store employees opened up the store, although the package had been opened (I wound up sending both items in the package back for a refund because their pickers didn't know the difference between black and white on a fan for the second time in a row and the hole saw mandrel was defective). Unlike Newegg, who cheerfully agreed to not use DHL for my orders after DHL screwed up a couple deliveries and refused to respond to my inquiries when packages disappeared for a few days (I didn't even get an automated response), Amazon refused to never use their own carrier for my packages. That was the final straw for me.

I don't care that Amazon is quick to replace damaged products or quickly refund them. That in no way excuses repeated screw ups on Amazon's part when things should be done correctly in the first place.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

All the damn LTT forum people must be celebrities or Amazon Bots, i havent seen service like that in europe.

10 hours ago, QuantumElement said:

My order was 2 weeks late, didn't even receive an apology.

I have stopped shopping from amazon, because the nearest amazon is like 1000km away, so even if the stuff is a bit cheaper than local, the shipping (both time and money) add up to it.

That is why i have stopped buying from amazon, and intead i buy from local shop. (free shipping, wait time is 2-5 days)

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

Where do you guys live that you get 1 day shipping?! Where I am, we have prime 2 day, but my orders are frequently delayed by an extra day ( I assume that's just because of where I live) ... One day shipping would be so sweet tho!

I think that amazon generally does great with customer support otherwise, and all of my problems that I've had with the site have come from dealing with 3rd party sellers, not actually with amazon

I ordered Haribo Sugar Free Gummie Bears and had the worst diarrhea in my life resembling the eruption of Mt Vesuvius and the ensuing panic thereafter.  After my review they sent a lifetime supply of Pepto Bismol.  Gummie Bears tasted fantastic though.

My experience with CS is only threw chat, asked about a amazonbasics tripod about shipping providers going to said area and I got a $5 off code. I hate those who complain too much and ask too much from places like amazon... I'm currently stuck with a issue where someone assumes free shipping is both ways (even tho I told them no), last time they complained about it to amazon ($30 DVD TV series) they sent them a shipping label saying they will not deduct return shipping, I looked at it and it said put paid postage here xD Cost $13 to ship back instead of $6... They got the full amount but I lost the $13...

9 hours ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

Their customer service agents are non-English speakers, idiots, bots, or a combination of two or more of these based on many of the moronic responses I got from them.

This is true really anywhere for customer service with big companies (or what I've had to deal with)... That's why I only do online chats/email for CS, if a company refuses to do such service I simply stop using them or severely lessen my use of them.

1 hour ago, Amish IT Guy said:

Where do you guys live that you get 1 day shipping?! Where I am, we have prime 2 day, but my orders are frequently delayed by an extra day ( I assume that's just because of where I live) ... One day shipping would be so sweet tho!

You need to live within 2-3 hours drive of a warehouse that offers same day (commercial/private vehicles Amazon pays to use as delivery vehicles), anything outside of there it is then shipped out via the cheapest provider with the fastest turn around.

1 hour ago, LordOTaco said:

I ordered Haribo Sugar Free Gummie Bears and had the worst diarrhea in my life resembling the eruption of Mt Vesuvius and the ensuing panic thereafter.  After my review they sent a lifetime supply of Pepto Bismol.  Gummie Bears tasted fantastic though.

Next time drink this with flavour of your choice: https://www.amazon.com/Karo-Light-Vanilla-Bottle-Measuring/dp/B07C5XCMF2 (mineral oil does the same thing)