Ability to not see threads of ignored users

Go to solution Solved by vanished,
31 minutes ago, fpo said:

What about injecting code? Can you guys write your own scripts & have them implemented without the Forum's service providers doing anything? 

The forum has definitely been customized to a degree, but there are limits to what can be done.  If Mortis is suggesting the idea to IPS, then it's probably not something we can change ourselves.

I’m sure you know what I’m talking about. 

I want to not see threads from a specific user however ignoring only blocks posts, I can still see the threads in the subsection. In the ignored user area, there was no tick box for threads. 

x2

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

Makes sense. I've suggested it to IPS, but there's a pretty small chance that they will actually follow up on that unfortunately - their track record for even responding to feedback, let alone implementing it, is exceptionally poor. It's not something that I can control though, so we are entirely at their mercy for this.

HTTP/2 203

50 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Makes sense. I've suggested it to IPS, but there's a pretty small chance that they will actually follow up on that unfortunately - their track record for even responding to feedback, let alone implementing it, is exceptionally poor. It's not something that I can control though, so we are entirely at their mercy for this.

Ahhh, Invision being dicks, as usual

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

3 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Oh, I thought you guys wrote custom scripts for this forum service on top of what they provided. 

Change forum service to one that does this? :P 

Edit: 

is it possible to inject your own code? 

56 minutes ago, fpo said:

Change forum service to one that does this? :P 

XenForo has a great feature that can block people out entirely, like they don't even exist anymore, real shame tbh. 

This may be an unpopular opinion but I can see this feature being potentially problematic.  For example, if said user made a news thread and then someone else comes along thinking they're first when in fact they're not.  This same effect could be said to be true of posts as well I suppose, which is why I don't use it* and don't recommend it to others, but I think the significance would be amplified if scaled up to threads.

Spoiler

*as mods we're not allowed to use it anyway actually, but even on a personal level, I wouldn't :P

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

7 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

This may be an unpopular opinion but I can see this feature being potentially problematic.  For example, if said user made a news thread and then someone else comes along thinking they're first when in fact they're not.  This same effect could be said to be true of posts as well I suppose, which is why I don't use it* and don't recommend it to others, but I think the significance would be amplified if scaled up to threads.

Reveal hidden contents

*as mods we're not allowed to use it anyway actually, but even on a personal level, I wouldn't :P

What if you applied it to only off topic? 

(it’s like tumblr)

2 hours ago, fpo said:

What if you applied it to only off topic? 

(it’s like tumblr)

Given Mortis' response above, frankly I wouldn't expect this to be added in any way, so I think the question might be moot :/

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

8 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Given Mortis' response above, frankly I wouldn't expect this to be added in any way, so I think the question might be moot :/

What about injecting code? Can you guys write your own scripts & have them implemented without the Forum's service providers doing anything? 

31 minutes ago, fpo said:

The forum has definitely been customized to a degree, but there are limits to what can be done.  If Mortis is suggesting the idea to IPS, then it's probably not something we can change ourselves.

2 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Exactly.

There are things that I can (and have) changed, but something like this would touch quite a lot of areas of the code, which would make keeping up to date with the stock updates a nightmare. It's the same reason why status updates haven't been overhauled despite the constant complaints that it is broken.

HTTP/2 203

14 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Reveal hidden contents

I can see where you're coming from, that would be problematic except I don't think many people check if something already exists, and post in the wrong section all the time. I'm not saying it's not a valid point, I'm just saying it would be more valid if people did actually check, and post in correct places.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

1 hour ago, paddy-stone said:

I can see where you're coming from, that would be problematic except I don't think many people check if something already exists, and post in the wrong section all the time. I'm not saying it's not a valid point, I'm just saying it would be more valid if people did actually check, and post in correct places.

Hm, yeah that is definitely true.  People post duplicate questions all the time so this might not make a difference xD

17 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

-snip-

What if I really hate that SOB and I don't want to see anything from that SOB?

giphy.gif

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

35 minutes ago, captain_to_fire said:

snip

Off topic but your location says NCR, Phillipines. 

Spoiler

Image result for new california republic