How do I restore device management and port forwarding to my modem?

Neek

So I've been trying to setup internet timers for my parents, they want the young ones to have restricted internet access on their tablets at certain times of the day/night, and they own their own Arris Surfboard modem. I immediately went to the router's own settings via the 10.0.0.1 address in the browser and when I went to go look at it I got this message in the screenshot:

I clicked on the link and it brought me to Xfinity xFi, which is like an app that allows you to set timers and stuff like that via a smartphone app, the only problem is, is when I downloaded the app it said it couldn't work with my modem and to call Comcast. So I did, and to my surprise they couldn't even help me, telling me that if it's not a Xfinity modem that I'm renting from them, I can't set parental controls via their xFi app. They also said that if it was my own modem, that I would have to do it via the Arris Surfboard's software suite which as you can see, tells me to do it via Xfinity's app!!! This is very confusing and I was thinking maybe there might be a way to potentially restore the parental controls to the router? Any help would be appreciated, this is pretty freaking confusing.5b7b84a775e57_Screenshot(147).thumb.png.a480ee65aa8ec35679388f0a3aaff478.png

Can you try it on the phone? Maybe it will link you to an application 

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

Just now, williamcll said:

Can you try it on the phone? Maybe it will link you to an application 

yeah I did, the problem is the app isn't compatible with non-Xfinity modems, according to their guys.

2 minutes ago, Neek said:

yeah I did, the problem is the app isn't compatible with non-Xfinity modems, according to their guys.

Have you told them that the arris modems redirected them to xifinity? Does Arris have their own support that isn't comcast? if so try contacting them.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

Just now, williamcll said:

Have you told them that the arris modems redirected them to xifinity? Does Arris have their own support that isn't comcast? if so try contacting them.

Yeah I told them, they basically told me their hands are tied because its not one of their own. Yeah I might try contacting Arris.

1 hour ago, Neek said:

XFi is only on modems that are rented from Comcast. So yeah, this is on you to figure out. 

Most routers have some kind of filtering you can do by MAC address. Such as not allowing machines with certain a MAC address access to the internet via certain times. That being said, if the ones your trying to block are tech savvy, they could figure out how to go around. Another way to filter types of traffic is something like Open DNS, while its not 100% full proof, it can provide a good amount of filtering. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

What kind of tablets are they?  You can leverage a software solution like Family Link on Android to achieve a similar result.  Kindle devices also have a similar feature in kids mode.

PC : 3600 · Crosshair VI WiFi · 2x16GB RGB 3200 · 1080Ti SC2 · 1TB WD SN750 · EVGA 1600G2 · Define C 

I believe you can set time limits with open dns as well as block certain sites at the dns level.