RTX 20 Series Cards Confirmed With Pricing

Max_Settings
1 hour ago, Bouzoo said:

I am not sure if this was mentioned, but where is 2060?

What do you want to bet it's a piece of shit like the 960 was to try to get everyone to buy 70 series cards?

4 hours ago, Humbug said:

yes, and we have AMD to blame for that.

Navi only comes next year, I don't expect prices to drop until then.

AMD's not responsible for Nvidia's decisions and actions.

Whatever share of blame AMD has, the people on forums who make comments like 'well look at that' as though they're mere observers without any influence are much more to blame. How people choose to express themselves when seeing outrageous and exploitative practices like Nvidia's has power. When people make docile jokes about the prices they're conditioning community impressions to accept and endure these things as something out of their control, and they're enabling and are effectively giving consent to Nvidia's exploitation of them. Weak and passive remarks carry the message of 'can't do anything about it' in them - and if the people who can do something about it have resigned themselves to such practices, then Nvidia truly can do whatever they want because their only opposition doesn't even know that they're the opposition.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

Seriously, everyone should start complaining about those ridiculous prices until NVIDIA lowers them. Hit up all the popular tech forums / sites and social media outlets and complain, complain, complain! Hell, even go outside and yell at the sky, if you want. Just be careful not to scare the cat if you do. :)

You could make a difference! Now let's go!

I got a pre order in with amazom for a rtx 2080 from evga

Going to try sell my gtx 970 and 1060 and get it down under $500.

I have a 650 watt evga bronze psu, and ill be running an i5 8600 non k, do i need a psu upgrade?

That founder's edition cooling! Considering it's over 250W, it looks lovely! Hope it performs

2olSvt0.jpg

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

5 hours ago, dizmo said:

@Princess Cadence Looks like they went against the grain and released the 2080 Ti ;)

It's okay, I'll wait with the 1080 Ti until they bring the RTX Titan or whatever the full die is here in 10 months, my brother really wants to compare his TITAN V with the RTX 2080 Ti though to see which card will get the crown right now, selling the V for 2500ish dollars is actually feasible if two 2080 Ti's are a better idea.

Main issue is Intel delaying the bloody dammit i9 9900K, what's the point of these awesome graphics cards when that darned Ryzen 7 1800X bottlenecks every thing.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

31 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Poor Jay, now he has to take the GPUs out of Post Malone's build again and wait for EKWB to release water blocks for the 2080Ti

From what I can see on NVIDIA's site the 2080ti releases not in September but actually in October. I doubt he will want to wait that long for the card considering how much of a delay that build already has.

Besides - it's Post Malone. That guy has next to 0 knowledge about PC's and he basically "is cool" with everything that was thrown at him regarding the build. 

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

just watched Jays video wow I'm blown away by the performance in raytracing absolutely blown away.

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

3 hours ago, 0x00000001 said:

I don't care about ray"tray"cing ,just hope 2080ti can hold 4k 144hz  xD

be lucky to hold 100fps 1080Ti does 60fps if 50% faster then 1080Ti that's 90fps for $1200 if NVlink works good will have to get 2 2080Ti for $2400 to get 144hz at 4k

2 minutes ago, moderategamer said:

just watched Jays video wow I'm blown away by the performance in raytracing absolutely blown away.

Ray Tracing gonna be useless in FPS games you can't see people hiding in dark corners.

5 minutes ago, Lathlaer said:

From what I can see on NVIDIA's site the 2080ti releases not in September but actually in October. I doubt he will want to wait that long for the card considering how much of a delay that build already has.

Besides - it's Post Malone. That guy has next to 0 knowledge about PC's and he basically "is cool" with everything that was thrown at him regarding the build. 

According to NVIDIA's 'news' site, the 2080 and 2080TI are coming out in September, and the 2070 comes out in October, odd how it doesn't say when the 2080ti will ship on the 20 series page on NVIDIA Geforces site.

Screenshot_1.png.420f7f8f3bd86c5e121644395a136c46.png

(Source: NVIDIA)

7 minutes ago, Jaggsta said:

Ray Tracing gonna be useless in FPS games you can't see people hiding in dark corners.

Is that a joke ? with raytracing you can have true real time bounce lighting meaning there will be no dark corners unless the designer wants it that way :P it will for sure be something existing game designers to learn properly and may mean some of the fake lighting used today to micro manage lighting conditions in an unnatural way won't be used anymore. However just because you are using raytracing doesn't mean you can't use traditional lighting at the same time so it's a non issue. Plus there are plenty of creators in the film industry that will be able to share their knowledge on raytracing :)

it will actually greatly simplify lighting in games, you should see the difference between the lighting in toy story original and number three. They went from hundreds of lights to a mere few and got far better realistic lighting. It's a great thing for gaming something I thought was not possible for at least the nest ten years.

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

9 minutes ago, Jaggsta said:

Yeah,and are you going to be noticing the extra shadows or more shiny reflections on objects while playing an FPS game? Most people would probably turn it off for more fps.

I have to admit, I'm tempted to get a 2080ti because I hate the idea that my 1080ti FE, which is water cooled and OC's to 2.0GHz without EVER going over 40c, is now obsolete.

Although I am FAR more likely to build a new system with new CPU and mobo. I'm playing Fallout 4 at 4k Ultra, heavily modded, and god rays on ultra nearly crashed my system in Far Harbor. Particularly that one mission where you travel to Acadia. Which I started as the sun was rising. Went from a fairly solid 60fps to 15fps at minimum.

God it was pretty. I need that experience again at 60fps damnit.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

10 minutes ago, Jenjar said:

According to NVIDIA's 'news' site, the 2080 and 2080TI are coming out in September, and the 2070 comes out in October, odd how it doesn't say when the 2080ti will ship on the 20 series page on NVIDIA Geforces site.

Yeah but when you actually add a 2080ti to the cart it shows 22th October as the shipping date. Might be because of high demand though, who knows.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

17 minutes ago, Lathlaer said:

Yeah but when you actually add a 2080ti to the cart it shows 22th October as the shipping date. Might be because of high demand though, who knows.

yeah that is 3rd or 4th batch

20 minutes ago, Lathlaer said:

Ah, okay, must be backordered a fair bit.

I'm kinda disappointed by the conference overall. I thought this would be the opportunity for PC's to catch up with console in terms of price/performance, but instead they show us GPU's that cost twice the price of a PS4 pro...

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

I mean people buy overpriced Apple products without a legit reason, so it wouldn't surprise me if they did buy this.  People are stupid enough to buy things because companies or society tells them to.

It's not about the performance increase though it's about a better way of rendering people don't seem to get that. I don't know what peoples problem is with raytracing but it's a big step in the right direction for better looking games. Why is it that people care so much about 4K something that in reality makes no difference to the way a game looks but they don't get excited by what raytracing has to offer. I wish people would stop talking about how many more frames we're going to get and take a look at the bigger picture we have plenty frames as it is if you haven't jumped on the 4K bandwagon which IMO is a better demonstration of people blindly buying things because a company or society tells them too. There's more to be had than just getting a frame bump I'd rather play a game that looks great at 60 fps then a game that doesn't at 144 fps. 

Just my take though if you really think 4K has more to offer than raytracing then I wont stop you.

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

Well good news is my 1080 ti just became "vintage technology". Wait that's not good news is it?

I know it means I won't get one for a long time but this time I'm actually going to wait for the reviews to come in, $1200 just seems crazy inflated at this point. 

7 minutes ago, moderategamer said:

It's not about the performance increase though it's about a better way of rendering people don't seem to get that. I don't know what peoples problem is with raytracing but it's a big step in the right direction for better looking games. Why is it that people care so much about 4K something that in reality makes no difference to the way a game looks but they don't get excited by what raytracing has to offer. I wish people would stop talking about how many more frames we're going to get and take a look at the bigger picture we have plenty frames as it is if you haven't jumped on the 4K bandwagon which IMO is a better demonstration of people blindly buying things because a company or society tells them too. There's more to be had than just getting a frame bump I'd rather play a game that looks great at 60 fps then a game that doesn't at 144 fps. 

Just my take though if you really think 4K has more to offer than raytracing then I wont stop you.

It’s not that raytracing isn’t exciting, but that these cards are unlikely to cause its widespread implementation. That’ll come in a couple of years, when even midrange GPUs, and, crucially, consoles can utilise the technology. In the shorter term, whilst raytracing is nice to have, I’m more interested in a GPU that can do 4k60 for under £500. After today’s presentation, I’m none the wiser. 

So the current 1080ti is what $700-800? and the new 2080ti is $1000-1200.   They are charging $300 (difference between lowest two prices) more for the next gen with new features and while the current gen is still selling.  That makes sense to me. I would charge more for something that is better, newer and has more features. 

What doesn't make sense too me is trying to compare the price to a series that came out 8 years ago in a different economic climate without mining or ram price gouging effecting its value.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

The problem is that they haven't proved that it's worth it yet.  They're going "ooo shiny look pre-order!  Look shiny GPU, pre-order!  Pre-fucking-order!"  Just because it could potentially be good, for the sake of development and what not, doesn't mean there are devs pushing it.  It is also about performance because Nvidia is making ridiculous performance increase claims, and they refuse to bench it right now while asking people to preorder.  It's just coming off as shady to me, and unless they can prove it I don't see it being worth it.  So, I wouldn't blame the consumers when Nvidia is pulling shit like this.  That's on Nvidia.

true I'm not saying go and pre order these new cards I certainly won't be, wait and see how they turn out and for sure there is not going to be a lot of support immediately especially because most people will still be rocking the older generation GPU's it doesn't make sense to be releasing games that people can't use. However I do think people need to stop going on about the FPS increase, there will be an fps bump obviously especially with the new architecture which has dedicated compute units for different processes just don't put all your eggs in one basket, see what raytracing has to offer and respect that these cards are doing something that to me at least seemed impossible for this generation. It's not always about fps but yes don't blindly buy something because someone has told you to I agree and that's why I wait.

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass